THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
May 11, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #2,567 of 5,018
I'll have to give that a listen. I heard Susanna Phillips since the vocal part in Mahler Symphony #4 last night at San Francisco Symphony! Absolutely loved her voice.

Nothing on earth like Schubert lieders at midnight. Just a female voice and a piano. Although I don't speak a word of German, I still marvel at the 600+ songs that Schubert wrote in his too brief lifetime. The King of Song.

May 11, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,568 of 5,018

Nothing on earth like Schubert lieders at midnight. Just a female voice and a piano. Although I don't speak a word of German, I still marvel at the 600+ songs that Schubert wrote in his too brief lifetime. The King of Song.

I looked at the music in your profile- NICE!
Now I'll have to look into the Schubert songs...

May 11, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #2,569 of 5,018
Classical music offers so much to hi-end audio enthusiasts, esp with HPs. So much going on, in symphs, but also the intimacy of a single female vocalist paired with a piano. Amazing textures and nuances. The discs by Graham Johnson on the Hyperion label are probably the definitive versions of Schubert's songs. They all come with detailed lyrics in German and English!

May 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #2,570 of 5,018
Classical music offers so much to hi-end audio enthusiasts, esp with HPs. So much going on, in symphs, but also the intimacy of a single female vocalist paired with a piano. Amazing textures and nuances. The discs by Graham Johnson on the Hyperion label are probably the definitive versions of Schubert's songs. They all come with detailed lyrics in German and English!

Thanks for the tip! I'm hearing through my HE-560 that MTT arranged the orchestra in the same way in the recording as the performance yesterday. I'll be looking for some piano and female soloists

May 12, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #2,571 of 5,018
Hayley Williams (of Paramore)
Beebs (of Beebs and Her Money Makers)
Tara Pierce (of Half Past Two)
Amy Lee (of Evanescence)
Meiko
Aimee Allen (of The Interrupters)
And as much as I dislike her, Monique Powell (of Save Ferris)

May 12, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #2,573 of 5,018
Thanks for the tip! I'm hearing through my HE-560 that MTT arranged the orchestra in the same way in the recording as the performance yesterday. I'll be looking for some piano and female soloists

This is a great album to get started on Schubert.

May 15, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #2,576 of 5,018
  Technically not the best in the world but she certainly puts out 100% effort every time.

You are referring to singing, right?
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #2,577 of 5,018

Users who are viewing this thread

Back