THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Jul 17, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #556 of 5,018
ya gotta love the internet.. if for no other reason than the "if you liked this artist, you might like this one too" feature...

on that note.. two artists that oficially have my atention.. one many of you may know, and one.. well i dunno but you gotta hear this.

first.. Eliza doolittle, whom i just heard of and heard for the first time a minute ago...thanks amazon! ..so maybe she's a bit bubble gum pop, but i actually think she has a great voice, and fresh sound.... and the video is.. nice :wink:

second.. Oh Land, whom i also thank amazon for introducing me to . How cool is this!!!!! - mind you folks.. this is LIVE! AWESOME!

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #561 of 5,018
OK - LONG thread here, but I thought I would throw in my $0.02.

I have not seen Christina Aguillera mentioned.  Have you HEARD her voice.  She has some amazing pipes and, IMHO, is not that bad to look at either.  Listen to her cover of "A Song For You" on Herbie Hancock's album (among others).  WOW!

The woman from Mozilla has an astounding voice.

Melody Gardot is one of those that just gets me.

A lesser known new "jazz-ish" singer is Robin McKelle - she has 2 albums out now and they are both worth a listen.

Jessica Molaskey.  A very young singer with some of the most vocal control I have seen in a very long time.  Fun, jazz, improv, scatting ability like someone twice her age.

Hello...?  Adele.  I think (although her CD editing quality sucks) has a voice that is just pure and natural.

Sade.  I have to be in the mood for her, but when I am, nothing fills the spot.

Eva Cassidy is simply stunning.

Allison Krauss - I have told my wife that if AK knocks on our door and asks me to go away a while...nothing's gonna happen, I'm just going to listen to her sing for about a year!

A bit different that single female vocalists, but have you heard The Puppini Sisters?  What tight, tight harmonies.  A lot of fun to listen to.

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #563 of 5,018
Apparently there's not a whole lot of country folks around these parts! :wink:

Here's a list of my favorites!

Sierra Hull
Alison Krauss
Leanne Womak
Jo Dee Messina
Sara Evans
Deanna Carter
Mindy Mcready
Faith Hill

I can't believe none of these have been mentioned yet!

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #564 of 5,018
Apparently there's not a whole lot of country folks around these parts! :wink:

Here's a list of my favorites!

Sierra Hull
Alison Krauss
Leanne Womak
Jo Dee Messina
Sara Evans
Deanna Carter
Mindy Mcready
Faith Hill

I can't believe none of these have been mentioned yet!

Almost forgot these!

Jennifer Nettles
Hillary Scott
Kimberly Perry

Jul 22, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #567 of 5,018
Anna Nalick

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #569 of 5,018

Quote:
Amy Winehouse - 14 September 1983 — 23 July 2011  
frown.gif

Great voice. Not exactly surprised by her death. There are websites where people could bet on her date of death.
blink.gif
 Not very tasteful to say the least.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #570 of 5,018
madeline peyroux an sophie milman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back