THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Jun 24, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #496 of 5,009
unfortunately dont have time to read through all 33 pages of this thread, so not sure if she's been mentioned. but Audrey Gallagher's voice is so amazing.... I really wish she'd get on doing more tracks.

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #497 of 5,009
Lori Lewis in here...

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #500 of 5,009
From earlier in the thread (with my favourite songs)

Emiliana Torrini - Serenade, Tuna Fish
Avril Lavigne
Imogen Heap - Closing In
Alanis Morissette
Alana Davis - Murder and Blame It On Me
Fiona Apple - Never is a Promise from Tidal, all of When the Pawn...
Lenka - Don't Let Me Fall, Shock Me Into Love
Lisa Hannigan - Ocean and a Rock
Sarah Blasko - Sweet November, Dont U Eva 

And also

Nerina Pallot - Sophia
Natalie Imbruglia - Intuition, Wishing I Was There
Tina Arena
Katie Noonan (from the band george, as well as her solo stuff)

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #502 of 5,009
Personal favorites are:
Kate Bush
Loreena McKennitt
Candice Night
Bjork
Kerstin Blodig
Andrea Corr
Enya
Sia Furler
Catherine Ringer

Worthy of mention
Hayley Westenra
Crystal Waters (check out her vocal performance on Destination Calabria)
Chloe Agnew
Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #504 of 5,009
Whoever Posted Sia on this thread I'd like to thank you again b/c she is quickly becoming my new favorite artist.  I dont like all of her music, particularly not her poppy faster stuff, but her slow, soulful songs are just incredible.   Also, watching her perform brings the delight of the experience to a whole new level.. I have never seen someone so childlike and excited every single time before she sings.  Its really a wonder to watch.  Then she opens her mouth and wails!  No outlandish headgear, or busty dancers necessary. 

Here's a few of my favorites:

Jun 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #505 of 5,009

Quote:
she is quickly becoming my new favorite artist.  I dont like all of her music, particularly not her poppy faster stuff, but her slow, soulful songs are just incredible.

I totally agree. I know I posted her earlier in the thread for the same reasons you just stated. She has become a favorite to listen to. I also dont like her fast stuff but her album Lady Croissant is awesome. Almost all slow powerful songs.  I am constantly drawn back to listening to that album.

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #506 of 5,009

Quote:

I totally agree. I know I posted her earlier in the thread for the same reasons you just stated. She has become a favorite to listen to. I also dont like her fast stuff but her album Lady Croissant is awesome. Almost all slow powerful songs.  I am constantly drawn back to listening to that album.

exactly.. thats my fave album of hers so far too.. a great live album. 
i just ordered color the small one for that same reason - all slow powerful songs.

some people have real problems also has many great ones.

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #507 of 5,009
I saw Sia for the first time on Letterman in 2008. I was gobsmacked. What a voice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back