THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Mar 3, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #4,838 of 5,014
If I've posted these before, I apologize, but if I have it's been a while...

Female vocals and jazz guitar? Please have a listen to the Steph Johnson Trio "Nature Girl" album. It's an outstanding quality recording as well!

Soulful, Sultry, Smokey female vocals and electric jazz guitar by Steph, and superb acoustic upright bass and jazz drums by Rob Thorsen and Fernando Gomez, respectively. The clarity, detail, and realism is unmatched. :)

If you haven't noticed, my Avatar is the album art/CD cover.

Favorite tracks are the jazz standards, "When Sunny Gets Blue" & "The Man I Love". But IMO there's not a bad one in the bunch. Steph's original compositions that are quite enjoyable.

Listen to all of the tracks for FREE via YouTube and please share and donate if you enjoy them. A lot of independent artists are still struggling to recover financially from the 2+ year lockdown on public performances due to the 'Rona, and performing Live was their primary source of income.

Also available on iTunes/Apple Music, as the CD release has long been sold out. However, you can try to contact Steph directly to see if she has any more available...

stephjohnsonband@gmail.com

====

Maggie Koerner - The Difficult Kind (Sheryl Crow cover)

Maggie was the lead singer for Galactic for several years.

Check out her EPs and album, Neutral Ground.

Standout tracks:

Cayute Woman (Fink Version)

Trees in a Line

French Fur Traders...and more.

====

Melody Gardot - Currency Of Man (album)

Bad News

It Gonna Come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back