THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Dec 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2,371 of 5,014
Incidentally, for anyone whose computer struggles to cope with the high number of embedded videos in this thread, there are some great add-ons for browsers like Chrome and Firefox, such as Flashblock, which block flash (inc. embedded youtube) videos by default, with click-to-enable-playback for videos on an individual per-video basis. It really streamlines the loading and reading of this thread.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #2,372 of 5,014
  Incidentally, for anyone whose computer struggles to cope with the high number of embedded videos in this thread, there are some great add-ons for browsers like Chrome and Firefox, such as Flashblock, which block flash (inc. embedded youtube) videos by default, with click-to-enable-playback for videos on an individual per-video basis. It really streamlines the loading and reading of this thread.

Yeah, this thread is kinda crazy on some pages. With 8GB RAM it's fine but it's insane on phones or older machines on more cluttered pages

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,373 of 5,014
Try it on an internet connection of 300kbps, lol.

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #2,374 of 5,014
  Try it on an internet connection of 300kbps, lol.

Nah, it's not the connection - at 50 mbps it's as slow as it is on 300 kbps. It's mainly memory and not internet speed. My pc used to hang up on this thread at the exact same internet speed but with 2GB RAM and dual core pc.

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,375 of 5,014
  Nah, it's not the connection - at 50 mbps it's as slow as it is on 300 kbps. It's mainly memory and not internet speed. My pc used to hang up on this thread at the exact same internet speed but with 2GB RAM and dual core pc.

I'm on a Mac with 16GB of RAM. The tide moves faster than this page for me.

Dec 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2,376 of 5,014

I'm on a Mac with 16GB of RAM. The tide moves faster than this page for me.

Well, there you go - a MAC. Ther's zero difference in my in internet speed for the past 2 years but I moved on from 2GB 667 RAM to 8 GB 1600mhz and a from core 2 duo to last gen i5 and the difference is insane and all pages load in 2-3 seconds completely

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #2,377 of 5,014
I don't particularly want to get into a slagging match about computers. The fact that this thread is slow for me has absolutely nothing to do with the hardware within this house.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #2,378 of 5,014
Just install a flash-blocking plugin, to selectively enable only the videos you choose to view, and the hardware issue becomes irrelevant, either way, which was the original intent of my post.

Please, let's get this thread back on-track it's all about the music, not the hardware! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #2,380 of 5,014
  Just install a flash-blocking plugin, to selectively enable only the videos you choose to view, and the hardware issue becomes irrelevant, either way, which was the original intent of my post.

Please, let's get this thread back on-track it's all about the music, not the hardware! 
beerchug.gif

I downloaded & installed Flashblock as soon as I read your post and it works great, thanks. I could just see where that discussion was heading and I'm too old for that nonsense.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #2,382 of 5,014

Not that it really matters, but there's been lots of repeats lately.  That said, Polica!!! Wooooooooooh!  Her previous band "Roma De Luna" is one of my super favorites.

Ah, I searched the thread but nothing showed up.  It didn't even occur to me that it might have of been posted without the accented c.

Thanks for the name of her old band, though.  I'm really, really loving her voice.

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #2,383 of 5,014
@ illyria:  it's become a bit of a running joke between Br777 and I, with each of us prodding the other whenever one of us slips-up and posts someone who's already been posted before.

At the other end of the spectrum, though, it does get irritating when a generally high-calibre thread is let down by some members seemingly doing nothing more than reading the title and then name-dropping someone who's been mentioned 20 time before, rather than making at least a little effort to read a few pages and get a feel for the character of the thread. It's not a crime, of course, (lol), but it just sometimes feels a bit like the thread is being 'spammed'.

You've posted plenty of decent new contributions to the thread, in the past few months, so you're still in good standing, in spite of your above slip-up! 
wink_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back