THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Mar 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,974 of 5,014
Rachael Price, of 'Lake Street Drive':

I'll even venture that there's almost a touch of Amy Winehouse about her voice...

Edit:  oops - just noticed Dosley01 posted Rachael a while back
redface.gif

Also see: http://www.head-fi.org/t/522812/the-best-female-vocals-your-favorite-female-singers/2355#post_11060603

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,975 of 5,014

Melody Gardot

And some more of her seductive voice...

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,976 of 5,014

That was me - it was brought to my attention by a fellow visitor at the Bristol Hi-Fi Show, a few weeks ago. You know when you go to a demo room and ask them to play such-&-such-a-track from the CD you're clutching in your sweaty hands, and the demonstrator starts secretly hyperventilating coz he's scared it'll make his system sound bad in front of a room full of hi-fi nerds
biggrin.gif
, well... it was one of those moments, and I just happened to be sat in one of the listening chairs at the time
ph34r.gif

Thanks again :)  Irrelevant, but can you remember the system you heard it on?  I'm usually hearing it on my modest Clip Zip / UE900 rig, and it sounds wonderful with a bit of smiley-face EQ   

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,977 of 5,014
/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Heather Rigdon

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #1,978 of 5,014

Thanks again :)  Irrelevant, but can you remember the system you heard it on?  I'm usually hearing it on my modest Clip Zip / UE900 rig, and it sounds wonderful with a bit of smiley-face EQ   

It was the Elac Loudspeakers room - the electronics was the Italian-made 'Norma' branded gear.  Sounded very nice indeed.

To keep this on-topic for a music recommendations thread, for any of you reading this, get in quick and you can legitimately download some free 24/44.1 music here:

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/page/discoverqobuz

You will need to register an account (well, it's up to you whether you want to do that or not, but if you don't, then you won't get the free music, so...)

Enter this coupon code:

BSTDWL14

(This offer is associated with the aforementioned Bristol Hi-Fi show that myself (and a couple of other head-fiers, such as Tupac) attended).

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,979 of 5,014
Julie London  (1950-60s Singer: "Cry me a River", and "Blue Moon")
Minmi (Japanese Artist: "Who's Theme" and "Shika no Uta")
Mariah Carey (Every song she had back in the day...can't even narrow it down)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back