The Best Ever Headphone / IEM shop in Seoul, South Korea
Aug 7, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #46 of 57
Aug 7, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #47 of 57
Hello :) Pretty old thread - in Seoul now for a week.. Some updates about new shops / places to visit? Thanks a lot! 🙈

Maybe still
http://www.schezade.co.kr and www.earphoneshop.co.kr in Seoul.

Further south http://www.thegrabsound.com in Daegu

http://www.thesoundlab.co.kr in Busan

I'm in Busan and have visited the places in Busan and Daegu, it's been many years since I've been in Seoul, but have ordered online from schezade and the earphoneshop.
Yes, the two places mentioned at the top are still the places to check out in seoul. Both have a lot to offer, but schezahe has the wider array. Also located more centrally.

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #48 of 57
Just been there, amazing place. 100% recommended. They have so many pieces on display to try.
IMG_5672.jpeg

Aug 29, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #49 of 57
I'm visiting South Korea in October and am in the market for a great (most likely) pure copper cable for my U18t but I fail to find any of the brands that would pop up in the West like Eletech, PlusSound, PW Audio, etcetera. Does anyone know whether these cables exist at all in South Korea? Or would I need to head to Singapore, Hong Kong, etcetera?

Also including @honeyjjack here who I believe is also from South Korea.

Tnx...

drftr

Aug 31, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #50 of 57
I'm visiting South Korea in October and am in the market for a great (most likely) pure copper cable for my U18t but I fail to find any of the brands that would pop up in the West like Eletech, PlusSound, PW Audio, etcetera. Does anyone know whether these cables exist at all in South Korea? Or would I need to head to Singapore, Hong Kong, etcetera?

Tnx...

drftr
Scheherazade has Effect Audio and Null Audio (used to carry Plussound, but don't think they do now) . 1910C has PW audio, Rhapsodio, and Hansound. I got my PW No 5 from 1910c. Great pair with the u18t. If the sole purpose of travel is for audio, Hong Kong may be better for wider brands carried by larger number of smaller stores. Korea is easier since going to three large stores in Seoul covers most major brands. Havent been audio shopping in Singapore tho. If visiting Seoul for other reasons and if you want to check out some stores id recommend Scheherazade(more high end stuff, feels like walking into car dealership), 1910c(smaller store that is more focused on cables, geeky audiophile owners), Earphone Shop (largest of three, doesn't carry cables, but has a large selection of items in all price categories)

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #51 of 57
Scheherazade has Effect Audio and Null Audio (used to carry Plussound, but don't think they do now) . 1910C has PW audio, Rhapsodio, and Hansound. I got my PW No 5 from 1910c. Great pair with the u18t. If the sole purpose of travel is for audio, Hong Kong may be better for wider brands carried by larger number of smaller stores. Korea is easier since going to three large stores in Seoul covers most major brands. Havent been audio shopping in Singapore tho. If visiting Seoul for other reasons and if you want to check out some stores id recommend Scheherazade(more high end stuff, feels like walking into car dealership), 1910c(smaller store that is more focused on cables, geeky audiophile owners), Earphone Shop (largest of three, doesn't carry cables, but has a large selection of items in all price categories)
Brilliant! Thank you so much. One of the problems that I encountered was that Google Translate didn't work on these websites but yesterday I found out switching to a different browser solves that issue. I'm not familiar with Null Audio but will do my research. Unfortunately Hong Kong still asks for a lenghty quarantaine and multiple tests after arrival. Singapore was a bit disappointing cable-wise. Tokyo would be great but their restrictions are even bigger than Hong Kong's.

It'll be my 3rd visit to South Korea which has become my favourite country for very tough day hikes into the mountains and being there in especially October is absolutely fantastic. Being a permanent traveller I'm not treated very well on the audiophile level but I hope Seoul and Busan can change that 😁

I'd like to compare the No. 5 that you mention with more upmarket offerings like the 1960s 2-wire and a few in between. I recently also heard some excellent remarks about Brise Audio and Brimar and hope to find them as well.

Tnx again - much appreciated...

drftr

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #52 of 57
No5 added a good amount of warmth that went well with the more neutral sound of u18t. 1960 was darker but with more technical ability. Brise audio has bad ergo but one of the densest and punchiest sound. Hansound has the venom and torfa which are both very good. Brimars got a unique house sound. Very liquidy and sweet. Reverby and grand sounding.

Oct 13, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #53 of 57

Tnx...

drftr
Picked up on this late sorry but Schezade also has some Crystal Cable cables, Dutch company, pricey.
Relatively speaking I think the Null Audio ones are the best value for Korea. Have one paired with my Hiditions (great IEM, not so great cables)

Oct 13, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #54 of 57
Picked up on this late sorry but Schezade also has some Crystal Cable cables, Dutch company, pricey.
Relatively speaking I think the Null Audio ones are the best value for Korea. Have one paired with my Hiditions (great IEM, not so great cables)
Great timing! I'm in Seoul as we speak and have visited Scheherazade, 1910c, and SoundCat. The first one mainly to check some newer IEMs, the second is absolutely great for cables, and the third one for some stuff the others didn't have. I think the combination of the first and second in one city is quite a bit better than what Singapore has to offer.

drftr

Oct 13, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #55 of 57
Great timing! I'm in Seoul as we speak and have visited Scheherazade, 1910c, and SoundCat. The first one mainly to check some newer IEMs, the second is absolutely great for cables, and the third one for some stuff the others didn't have. I think the combination of the first and second in one city is quite a bit better than what Singapore has to offer.

drftr
There is also GSoundLab in Gangnam and Earphoneshop in Jongno if you still have time to visit. Schezade is my favourite and the staff are very helpful too. Earphoneshop has a good selection and listening facilities too.

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #56 of 57
There is also GSoundLab in Gangnam and Earphoneshop in Jongno if you still have time to visit. Schezade is my favourite and the staff are very helpful too. Earphoneshop has a good selection and listening facilities too.
GSoundLab is online only since COVID I found out a few days ago. Will have another look at the Earphoneshop website - tnx!

drftr

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #57 of 57
GSoundLab is online only since COVID I found out a few days ago. Will have another look at the Earphoneshop website - tnx!

drftr
I thought they were open again. Oh well I prefer Schezade anyway. Earphoneshop can have some good deals on, I got the original Utopia from there on a good deal but is generally more 'consumer' brand focused, though with some nice amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back