The best detachable headphones under $170 on Amazon?
Mar 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

YOLO

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!
I have had many headphones in the past where one cup has stopped working because damage was made to the cord. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't know how to solder, I would have already chosen the Audio-Technica ATH-A900X when they were $170 on Amazon (they're back now at $199..)

I've been looking through the recommendation threads on this site but they just suggest to get one headphone...mainly the VMODA m80s. I'm not really liking the idea of purchasing these considering many reviews on Amazon say that these are terrible for larger heads. Can I get a larger selection choice on detachable headphones?

[size=small]Also, what is your opinion with the Ultrasone Pro 550s...would I need to amp the headphones to use with my Sansa Clip Zip? If yes, I'll probably avoid this option.[/size]

[size=small]NOTE: HEADPHONES NEED TO BE AMAZON GLOBAL ELIGIBLE[/size]

[size=small]many thanks,[/size]
[size=small]Justin Bieber[/size]

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 7
I just want to say that I've been a big fan since Never Say Never. Boyfriend was just...wow. Honored to meet such a talent here.

It would be quite helpful to state your sound (signature) preferences. Would they need to be on-ear or over-ear?

The PRO 550s weren't the most efficient, but the Zip drives a surprising amount of stuff, so I wouldn't count it out of the equation.

And of course this route is available - http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/product/category=2609209&id=11484987http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/product/category=2609209&id=11484962.
Might also want to mention that the K550 in the picture would be quite nice for larger heads.

And might I be able to direct you to -http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 7
^^ He just might be a secret audiophile and is secretly scrounging up a budget so that his manager/parents won't notice (after all he does endorse a headphone line so I'd doubt they'd let him use/buy anything else other than his own set).

Justin I saw you sporting a pair of DT770s in the studios, whatever happened to those?

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 7
@TwinQY @thesuperguy

Hi guys!
[size=small]My partnership with Beats will be fine as long as I sport those in public. The headphones will be for exercise use since I have been going to the gym more often.[/size]

[size=small]It would be great if the headphones were on-ear, but I really don't have much of a preference. Also, I do not plan on giving these headphones out to third-parties to mod.[/size]

[size=small]ps: this thread will be destroyed soon.[/size]

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 7
Ultimate ears 6000~199$, better increase your budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back