The Best BitTorrent Client
Oct 20, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
I set the download speed to unlimited and the upload to the least (5 KBPS). LOL.
biggrin.gif

Doesn't that slow your download speed down?

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #17 of 30
BitTornado is good if you want something fast and lean. The GUI needs to be redesigned. I don't think its user friendly. I think one BitTornado session can only handle one torrent at a time. I haven't been able to figure out if it can handle multiple torrents without opening another BitTornado.

Azureus has too many features and its a resource hog. At least it has a lot of GUI features making it easy to keep track of multiple torrents. The fact that is written in Java makes it crossplatform. I can run Azureus on Windoze and Linux.

I should try bitcomet next. Watch out, there are few bittorrent clients that are banded by certain trackers.

Oct 20, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 30
I agree with previous sentiments about BitTornado. Azureus is too hoggy for me, and has features I don't need or want. I've used the official client, ABC, and BitTornado. Well, also Shad0w's Experiemental Client, which is really just BitTornado before it was called that. BitTornado is by far my favorite. I don't like the idea of a Java for something like that. Mind you, I do like it for travelling. I've got Portable Firefox on my pendrive, a Java IRC Client that supports DCC, Miranda IM (actually, I use Miranda at home, too. Much smaller and more tweakable than Trillian),and now, it seems, perhaps a Java BT client... Need to find one smaller than Azureus, though.

Oct 21, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 30
Been using Azureus thanks to a friend for a couple weeks now.

I use suprnova.org how about you guys?

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by amol
Bit comet is way better than anything else. I tried using every single client out there, and i thought that bitcomet rules them all.

Agree
cool.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #23 of 30
I've always liked BitTornado over the other clients because it has the individual windows for each transfer. It just seems simpler and cleaner than the other programs out there. I just want something that tells me how much I've uploaded/downloaded, how fast it's going and how much of the download is complete. In my situation, anything more is bloat.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:14 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Banded?

-Ed

Certain bittorrent sites have warnings against certain Bittorrent clients. I guess some of them are buggy, disrupting service, or do not follow certain sharing etiquette. I haven't seen any postings lately about bad clients lately, so maybe the problem is fixed.

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 30
He was making fun of the typo, silly.

The best Bittorrent client I have used is Azureus, but if you have a machine that can't handle the extreme load of java, or if you simply don't want to waste resources on bittorrent, there's Burst! or of course the venerable curses driven btheadless.

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #28 of 30
I've also been using Azureus for quite some time and was very happy with it...although it really is a resource hogger... I used it together with Net-Limiter in order to control it's excessive use of computer resources... and it worked fine for me. I also tried Shaddow and ABC but Azureus was the most complete and user friendly IMO, not to mention the fast downloads. Few months ago I read about BitComet and tried it - since then I use it instead of Azureus because of it being much more friendly to the computer resources - the limiting of the uploads/downloads really works unlike with Azureus, and the interface is at least the same if not even better IMO ....although I read in some forums that Azureus had few more advanced features, BitComet has all I need and I warmly recommend it.

...as for finding torrents - ***Suprnova.org*** is easily the best. Just pay attention not to arrive at suprnova.com - this is a pay site trying to impersonate the real suprnova.org.

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #29 of 30
All this talk of BitComet being so great made me download it. So...

I rather like Tornado's simplistic and minimalist interface. It tells me what I need to know, no more. I'm sure for someone who does a lot of simulataneous downloads, or wants a lot of options (oddly enough, while I love having tweaking options of pretty much any program, I absolutely hate them in download managers and the like. I want it to work, nothing else), it's great, as is Azureus. But Tornado is fine for me.

Oct 22, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #30 of 30
BitComet is a direct contradiciton of what bittorrent is all about. Any respectable tracker had it banned long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back