The Best BitTorrent Client
Oct 20, 2004 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Shang-Ti Chen

500+ Head-Fier
Just got introduced to this BitTorrent client by a good friend and it looks to be the best of all of the BT clients out there. It is an individual program which has the function to manage all of the BT downloads in itself, a built in tracker to allow users to share torrents directly, rather than uploading them to an "external" tracker (the Embedded Tracker), plug-in support, and even IRC chatroom and etc.. It's really nice. Check it out...

Azureus - Java BitTorrent Client

http://azureus.sourceforge.net

my_torrents.png

my_tracker.png

torrent_general.png

create_a_torrent.png

choose_columns.png

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 30
ya, that's what my roommate uses and he seems to like it a lot. he's been through a lot of clients.
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
What ABC?

(A)nother (B)ittorrent (C)lient. I used that before I started using Azureus. Another nice feature that wasn't mentioned is the ability to select what you want to download of the files made available. So if someone is sharing a folder of stuff and you already have some or most of what is being shared, you can select those not to be downloaded. A notification of hosting your own torrents as well, if you don't have a static IP it can be kind of difficult to use the internal tracker. Otherwise, Azureus is excellent. I just wish there I could figure out how to turn off the warning for when I want to stop sharing something that hasn't reached a 1.0 ratio but has no other seeds or downloads.

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:39 PM Post #11 of 30
I just use BitTornado. I'd like to use Azureus, but it eats up so much CPU, which could be used elsewhere. (Only matters to us with not-so-up-to-date computers.)

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #13 of 30
What is the best way to configure azureous? I can never get what i would consider a fast download. Actually, downloading is rediculously slow considering I am using a partial T1. I tried to configure my router (DLink DI-604) for the 6881-6889 thing or whatever, but could not get to it's setup.

Thanks for any response
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back