The Beatles Remasters Review and Discussion Thread
Jan 2, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #181 of 195
i got the stereo box today. i am really happy about this. i don't know why i didn't get it sooner, i have all the records. including the veejay sr "introducing the beatles" with the the cuepons! i just prefer cd's. even though i have two high end tt rigs i prefer cd's for their convienience. i am lazy ok. btw, i got it for $160 by bargaining at bb. yes, in this enconomy you can even bargain there. the sticker was $239. ymmv.

music_man

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #182 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got the stereo box today. i am really happy about this. i don't know why i didn't get it sooner, i have all the records. including the veejay sr "introducing the beatles" with the the cuepons! i just prefer cd's. even though i have two high end tt rigs i prefer cd's for their convienience. i am lazy ok. btw, i got it for $160 by bargaining at bb. yes, in this enconomy you can even bargain there. the sticker was $239. ymmv.

music_man

Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Are you going to get the mono box too?
Talking about the veejay "Introducing the Beatles", I have a copy too and think it's not a fake (or I hope it's not.
tongue.gif
)
Introducing The Beatles

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #183 of 195
thank you. i am so happy when i get something i really like and for a good deal. this will keep me busy for months. i don't think i will get the mono. i am just not that "hardcore". plus the manager said to me "you are lucky you wanted the stereo, i would not have budged on the mono". he is right too. no one discounts that. why do people want to sit and punish themselves just for nostalgia? i mean i am not into surround sound but stereo is a must for me.

it is very hard to tell if it is real. some of the fakes are darn good. you need an expert really. well, if a store buys it then i guess it does not matter lol. that is, if you are selling.

i know mine is real because i bought it the week it was released from a record store. that is still in business! that was before it was worth something and there were fakes. it was like five bucks or something if i remember correctly. they were upcharging it and that was a lot then. i think. that was a long time ago. i went with my sister. she got one too. she still has hers as well but mine is in better condition. in fact mine is in pretty good condition. this was before fancy tt's. i had a "record player" with a changer! it was called bsr or something i think. i know i am a man but i thought the beatles were the coolest.

soon i will let you guys know if this is better than the set from the 90's.

music_man

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #184 of 195
these remasters(even in 24bit from the USB key) are such a failure when you compare them to the unmastered stereo mixes from the FLAC "Revolver Sessions" that are floating around
rolleyes.gif

was that so ******* hard to simply encode the unmastered mono/stereo mixes in 16/44.1 24/96 and call it a day? the "Revolver Sessions" sound completely untouched and uncompressed...the way ppl who care about SQ should be entitled to have them(especially for the ridiculous price tags they carry).

just like w/ video games and their dumb copy protections, pirates always win..

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #185 of 195
yup, i was pretty unimpressed with the sound quality. the original lp's blow this set away.

they way over did this job. it sounds like a joke. i am sorry i bought it even at the price i did. i will not be listening to it again most likely.

music_man

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #186 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
these remasters(even in 24bit from the USB key) are such a failure when you compare them to the unmastered stereo mixes from the FLAC "Revolver Sessions" that are floating around
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm in the process of getting those CDs right now.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #187 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup, i was pretty unimpressed with the sound quality. the original lp's blow this set away.

they way over did this job. it sounds like a joke. i am sorry i bought it even at the price i did. i will not be listening to it again most likely.

music_man

From the few tracks I've heard, all I hear is flabbier bass and a good dose of treble thrown on the mix. It sounds like they took the 90's recordings and ran them through X-Fi's Crystalizer on 100% full blast.

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #188 of 195
The 24-bit versions sound a little more detailed to me, less "grainy" somehow, and better than the earlier CD releases, IMO. Not sure about the hyperbole being thrown around in this thread....

Jan 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #189 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm in the process of getting those CDs right now.
wink.gif

well, the little red demon has them in FLAC...you want the last 2 CD's
evil_smiley.gif

tell me if I'm crazy, but if the whole overhyped remastered crapola had reached this quality, it would have been a daydream.

in some songs, I've got the feeling to be in the studio w/ the band playing before my eyes...no nasty EQ, no compression, no "enhanced" trebles...just pure soundboard bliss
normal_smile .gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #190 of 195
Quote:

in some songs, I've got the feeling to be in the studio w/ the band playing before my eyes...no nasty EQ, no compression, no "enhanced" trebles...just pure soundboard bliss
normal_smile .gif

YES! This has been the reason why I hate all the commercially available releases.

When I heard flat transfers of the Abbey Road, White Album, Revolver and Rubber Soul my jaw fell in amazement. The sound is pristine, very little or no tape hiss and it puts you THERE...in the freaking studio with The Beatles. Ever since I heard that, my love for the vinyl, MFSL box, Blue Box and every other release just pales in comparison.

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #191 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I heard flat transfers of the Abbey Road, White Album, Revolver and Rubber Soul my jaw fell in amazement. The sound is pristine

what are the exact names of the bootlegs please? I want more unmastered beatles! it's good for ya
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #194 of 195
I love the Abbey Road LP, have some remastered CDs but do not think they are that great? Hope the LP box set comes out soon.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #195 of 195
Quote:

well, if we're here it most likely means that we shelled out a benjamin on each set...bootlegs are not illegal AFAIK, otherwise DIME wouldn't exist.

Yes, they are quite illegal. In fact, they may actually be more illegal than fileshared copies of the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back