The BEatles - REMASTERS ARE COMING!!!!
Apr 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But can they top the Dr. Ebbetts stuff?
ph34r.gif

I could do a better needledrop than him anyday. In fact, I have heard much better needledrops done with cheaper equipment that what the "Dr." uses. I find his stuff to be rather harsh sounding. Regardless, it's better than nothing.

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could do a better needledrop than him anyday. In fact, I have heard much better needledrops done with cheaper equipment that what the "Dr." uses. I find his stuff to be rather harsh sounding. Regardless, it's better than nothing.

Agreed.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #33 of 43
Todays Associated Press.................
Digitally remastered Beatles discs coming

Associated Press
Posted: Wednesday, Apr. 08, 2009
LONDON Beatles fans will have a chance to add substantially to their collections when a digitally remastered version of the band's catalog becomes available in September.
Apple Corps and EMI Music announced Tuesday they will release the new discs worldwide Sept. 9, the same day as the release of a video game, “The Beatles: Rock Band.”
The release continues a recent trend of repackaging and tweaking The Beatles' output, which fans may have thought ended in 1970 with “Let It Be.”
Each of the dozen CDs will include the original U.K. album art and new, expanded liner notes, according to the Beatles Web site. For a limited time, each CD will also be embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.
The collections “Past Masters Vol. I and II” – including singles, outtakes, live versions and B-sides that weren't on the albums – will be reissued in one package.
In addition, Apple Corps and EMI will release a boxed set named “The Beatles in Mono,” with the original monaural versions of 10 albums plus two further discs of mono masters of early material. The mono versions of “Help!” and “Rubber Soul” also include the 1965 stereo mixes.
There has been no breakthrough yet on negotiations to get the Beatles' extensive catalog available for legal downloading.

Apr 9, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

All those Dr. Ebbetts; Millenium Remasters stuff will never beat the upcoming offical releases. Remember the Capitol remasters? They were so much better than the bootlegs.
Are there going to be new vinyl releases too? It would be interesting to see if they can be better than the MFSL ones- maybe as good as "Let it be naked"?

Mind you, a lot of people didn't like the remastered Yellow Submarine cd.....

Apr 9, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All those Dr. Ebbetts; Millenium Remasters stuff will never beat the upcoming offical releases. Remember the Capitol remasters? They were so much better than the bootlegs.
Are there going to be new vinyl releases too? It would be interesting to see if they can be better than the MFSL ones- maybe as good as "Let it be naked"?

Mind you, a lot of people didn't like the remastered Yellow Submarine cd.....

Dr. Ebbetts are harsh sounding (his newer stuff is much better though), Millennium Remasters use too much NR, Mirror Spock also uses way too much NR. DeNoIser's are great but I find them to be too bright at times and they are very loud. Some people LOVE that sound though.

The only two boots I have heard that are awesome are the Sir Esquire's and PBTHAL's. Both of these are kinda hard to get. To me, these are the only ones that sound life-like and smooth. Some might agree and others might disagree. YMMV.

The official remasters are coming out on vinyl but it hasn't been announced when they will be coming out. I also think that these remasters will sound better than any of the boots out there.

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Dr. Ebbetts are harsh sounding (his newer stuff is much better though), Millennium Remasters use too much NR, Mirror Spock also uses way too much NR. DeNoIser's are great but I find them to be too bright at times and they are very loud. Some people LOVE that sound though.

The only two boots I have heard that are awesome are the Sir Esquire's and PBTHAL's. Both of these are kinda hard to get. To me, these are the only ones that sound life-like and smooth. Some might agree and others might disagree. YMMV.

The official remasters are coming out on vinyl but it hasn't been announced when they will be coming out. I also think that these remasters will sound better than any of the boots out there.

Thanks for all the boots info!
I never heard Sir Esquire's or PBTHAL's but own a lot of other Beatles bootlegs and official vinyls and vinyl box sets. I agree that these remasters will be much better the boots. Just curious about the remaster vinyl lps . Are they going to sound better than the MFSL original remaster lps? Since they were kind of official as well and had the first four in stereo.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #39 of 43
LFF, thanks for your two cents. I dug through my external hard drives, and I do in fact have a a lot of pbthal's stuff, but I never took the time to listen to them.
redface.gif

The difference is immediate: the Ebbett's stuff sounds so thin now compared to the pbthal versions. Well, time to re-organize my music collection on iTunes once more.
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LFF, thanks for your two cents. I dug through my external hard drives, and I do in fact have a a lot of pbthal's stuff, but I never took the time to listen to them.
redface.gif

The difference is immediate: the Ebbett's stuff sounds so thin now compared to the pbthal versions. Well, time to re-organize my music collection on iTunes once more.
biggrin.gif

Happy to hear that! I have always told Beatle's fans that the Sir Esquires and PBTHAL versions are the very best out there.

A lot of people have trashed both Sir Esquire and PBTHAL on various forums but I think these trash talkers are simply staunch supporters of Dr. Ebbetts and don't really have an "ear" for music. Blinded (ie, Deaf) by fan boy love. To each his own I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they sound better then I will have to have them all.

To me, the best are the PBNTHAL's and Sir Esquires. PBNTHAL's sound like mint vinyl played back on a high grade gear with minimal processing. The Sir Esquires have high dynamic range and sound very life-like (Warm and natural) ala Hoffman. Unfortunately, both are hard to find.

Apr 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #42 of 43
I had some friends that did not like Let It Be Naked and the only reason I think was because of Phil's Wall OF Sound was what they were accustomed to for over 35 years.
Think it was McCartney that said your hearing it like we heard it in the studio. So yeah
since they are using the original master tapes I will buy them all and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back