The Basshead Club
Oct 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #7,861 of 11,286
  My wife asked me if I wanted another pair of headphones that "I don't need" for my birthday and I offered the COPs as a suggestion.  I quickly replied, "you know me all too well."  

I'm in the exact same situation. My wife is offering to buy me a new pair of headphones for my birthday next month. 

YOU ARE BOTH FALLING INTO A TRAP

RUN.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #7,864 of 11,286
  I have been told the the aurisonics are flat and dry. They are more of the so called "audiophile" sound.

I haven't heard them described at flat or dry, maybe dark or warm, but I haven't heard them be necessarily bass heavy like the Atrios.

Gotta love marketing... Here is a direct quote from the Aurisonics site "Your IEMs lacking the BASS response you want?"

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #7,865 of 11,286

I'm in the exact same situation. My wife is offering to buy me a new pair of headphones for my birthday next month. Which pretty much means I need to get her a new pair of shoes by Christmas. 
ph34r.gif

YOU ARE BOTH FALLING INTO A TRAP

RUN.

pffff what's the problem there, a women who loves a man buys him a gift he likes, should the man who loves his women not return the favor...

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #7,867 of 11,286
The trap was sprung when the ring went on lol

My wife can get whatever she wants if I can get yet another set of headphones!

BUT YOU LOVE her, so hopefully you don't care... still... not dating but spending a LOT of time with a pretty young gal that's taken a fancy to my W1000x <3 

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #7,868 of 11,286

Agreed.  However, as much as I love bass, I can't imagine adding bass to the AH-300.  That's how much bass they have.

have you heard the vpulse and if so, how do they compare?
  I've had the vPulse. The bass was amazing, and the mids were good too. On the warm side but very smooth. Treble sounded a bit odd though, as if it was disembodied from the rest of the frequency spectrum. Overall I found the sound pretty good but I hated the fit. There are little vents in the housing that increase bass but also relieve pressure from building up in your ear canals, and lack of pressure is the worst thing possible when it comes to universal IEMs. They just would not stay in my ears when I moved around. The housings are also VERY lightweight, so light that the cable is heavy in comparison and seems to be dragging them down.

yea those vents mean i have to push the damn things into my ear every couple of minutes cause they just ease themselves out all the time...

i saw the price and automatically pressed the "add to cart" button - they dont send to my country! 
mad.gif

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #7,869 of 11,286

yea those vents mean i have to push the damn things into my ear every couple of minutes cause they just ease themselves out all the time...

i saw the price and automatically pressed the "add to cart" button - they dont send to my country! 
mad.gif

I'm so sorry :[ 

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #7,870 of 11,286

i saw the price and automatically pressed the "add to cart" button - they dont send to my country! :mad:

Try eBay, the Manhattan(something username) also sells the C300 on eBay, which ships more than the states.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #7,871 of 11,286

mad.gif

I have not heard the VPulse, ouch about the purchase attempt....

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #7,872 of 11,286
  BUT YOU LOVE her, so hopefully you don't care... still... not dating but spending a LOT of time with a pretty young gal that's taken a fancy to my W1000x <3 

That is VERY cute.

I gave my girlfriend a pair of Westone 3s.. She loves them.

Here is us at an expo on the weekend - She tested out some HD800, and some FA011 LEs. 

Then I swapped a pair of my skullcandy Aviators for her FA-011s. Her idea. She never used them anyway, but loves the skullcandys... Go figure.

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #7,874 of 11,286

That is VERY cute.

I gave my girlfriend a pair of Westone 3s.. She loves them.

Here is us at an expo on the weekend - She tested out some HD800, and some FA011 LEs. 

Then I swapped a pair of my skullcandy Aviators for her FA-011s. Her idea. She never used them anyway, but loves the skullcandys... Go figure.

aww awesome man... I think I posted the pics of my lady friend but I'll post them again 

ALso I'm shocked my cell Phone connection is allowing my to view an Upload images! Go tMobile

so the w1000x and HE 400 respectively, and that is NOT my gf, just a friend. Either way sharing headphones with gals is always fun! 

So guys how BASSY is the TH 600... ppl seems to feel it has a simmilar sound to the w1000x, ofc with more bass and smoother treble. I need a serious upgrade to my w1000x and the TH 600 [If I can remove any bass hump and mid/treble dips from it] might fit the bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back