The Basshead Club
Oct 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #7,831 of 11,286
  I just read it but still hoping someone to chime in. 

Anyway, I was also thinking about the headphones vs IEM issue. Aside from comfort (and fittings), how do they compare in bass performance? I mean, for me IEM has excellent noise cancellation because of total blockage in the ear. I haven't used a headphone before but I am thinking of buying one. For more or less $100, what good headphones has excellent bass performance and clarity?

Logitech UE 4000- Isolation isn't perfect since they are on-ear, but they have solid bass performance and clarity.  This is the best price I have seen on them, don't know the retailer though.

http://www.meritline.com/logitech-ue-4000-headphones-982-000071-white---p-107171.aspx?source=fghdac&gclid=CLiNz5_lpboCFQGe4AodfDoANQ

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #7,832 of 11,286
  If you have faith in Cnet reviews of the vpulse, then you can take a look at this video

Some fellow on Amazon felt these the vPulse was worthing owning... he apprently has an HD 600 with a nice CD based system so 

dude... Office Depot [if u live in the US] has an awesome return policy. You could totally buy them and if u hate them return them before a week goes by! I'd offer to try and return for u so u can get a review, but iems hate my ears 

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #7,834 of 11,286
  Is there no topic about new headphones or that are coming out soon....?

I like the NAD HP 50, but it is just a hair under basshead levels.  New release reviews have been disappointing for the most part.  B&W P7 may qualify, but I haven't heard them yet.  I'm still waiting for a better sounding mid-price portable that trumps the V-Moda M-100.

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #7,835 of 11,286
  Some fellow on Amazon felt these the vPulse was worthing owning... he apprently has an HD 600 with a nice CD based system so 

dude... Office Depot [if u live in the US] has an awesome return policy. You could totally buy them and if u hate them return them before a week goes by! I'd offer to try and return for u so u can get a review, but iems hate my ears 

Nah it's okay. Thanks anyway. 

CKS series also has good reviews on amazon. I wonder how these perform. 

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #7,836 of 11,286
Logitech UE 4000- Isolation isn't perfect since they are on-ear, but they have solid bass performance and clarity.  This is the best price I have seen on them, don't know the retailer though.

http://www.meritline.com/logitech-ue-4000-headphones-982-000071-white---p-107171.aspx?source=fghdac&gclid=CLiNz5_lpboCFQGe4AodfDoANQ

Meritline does deliver, but it's a company based in China that I doubt it an Authorized retailer.
I usually buy cheap dollar items off of them.

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #7,837 of 11,286
  Hmm. Over ear headphones really doesn't have "perfect" noise cancellation compared with IEMs. I guess I'll stick with IEM.

IEMs need to get you a perfect seal to give you proper sound and noise cancellation. If this works for me with a certain IEM, there is no guaranty that it will work for you too. So you basically need to try and buy yourself through some models and then you can start searching for the best tips to get what you want. So recommendation is not easy.

I shot myself a Sony EX-1000 IEM in mint condition and for me it worked out just fine. No basshead quality, but the finest and deepest bass I came across up to now. And the imaging is on par with a lot of the closed over ears that I own, or did own. But this Sony is a high end IEM with some very interesting construction details, like a 16mm Liquid Crystal diaphragm ,a magnesium alloy housing and very special treated high energy neodym magnets. So nothing you get for 100 USD even used.

Oct 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #7,838 of 11,286
I've had the vPulse. The bass was amazing, and the mids were good too. On the warm side but very smooth. Treble sounded a bit odd though, as if it was disembodied from the rest of the frequency spectrum. Overall I found the sound pretty good but I hated the fit. There are little vents in the housing that increase bass but also relieve pressure from building up in your ear canals, and lack of pressure is the worst thing possible when it comes to universal IEMs. They just would not stay in my ears when I moved around. The housings are also VERY lightweight, so light that the cable is heavy in comparison and seems to be dragging them down.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #7,844 of 11,286
  improve: louder, deeper, stronger punch/thump. 

YES

I had the C5 and the bass boost was TOO much for me, also John has confirmed this as well, but the boost is different on High and Low Gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back