The Basshead Club
Sep 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #7,306 of 11,286
How about legitimate stock that failed te quality control test?

Any company with a reputation for quality would be foolish to release a substandard product that represents their company to save a few dollars in material/manufacturing cost.  Sennheiser's reputation is worth much more than that. 

Would a Michelin rated restaurant serve burned or spoiled food at a discount so that it didn't go to waste?

Agreed, but it may be not their intention. Like for example, the workers at the factory take them and sell them. Well, just realisedthat isn't really very good either. I don't support fakes either just wanted to clear my burning question.

"I always wanted to own a flagship, fake or not" The person who said this well, you got the whole idea wrong.

Being an Audiophile is not about having flagships and TOTLs. If you have the funds den go ahead, but u wish to own a flagship (fake or not!?!?) just for the sake of owning it? That's not the way to go.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #7,307 of 11,286
It's all speculation as to what those OEM IE80s actually are, so don't bother bringing ethics into it. I'm intrigued, so I ordered a pair.

What you should be questioning, is if the OEM equipment (Meaning Sennhesier doesn't produce them in house) can be made and sold for a profit to you, shipped from HK for $37, why in gods name are people being gouged $300+ and accepting of it? Perceived value.

If these actually cost $200+ to produce, and are being stolen, then its ethically wrong, but that is just another speculative accusation. If they are completely fake, then I'm out $37, and can spread the word to avoid them through the power of the internet. If these are the real deal, without a Sennheiser logo, then I just hit the value jackpot.

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #7,309 of 11,286
This is so strange to me; IMO bass from IEMs feels so much more tactile and immediate. I still haven't found cans that can match my old TF10 or unfiltered SM3 when it comes to bass texture and impact. I hate Earsonics SO much for all the money and time and stress I've wasted on their earphones, and yet I'm still contemplating buying another pair of SM2 or SM3 just because the bass really is that good...argh, the self-loathing...
Quote:
Over ear especially grants the ability to actually provide you ear/skin-tickling sensation which IEMs won't. This for me is a huuuuuuuuuge deal, the ability to not only hear but also feel the bass grants my hardstyle listening needs to a whole different level of satisfaction. :p

I also use that feature to my advantage when I'm mastering newcomer's tracks, I know basslevels are on an appropriate level when I start to feel the kicks. (no I don't listen overly loud, the mids and highs are pretty average but the bass is much louder in comparison due to ZO2 + Q40 combo). If I wasn't using ZO2 though I would have to boost the volume to the point mids and highs would get annoyingly loud to achieve the same experience.

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #7,311 of 11,286
So if I want a bass sound that feels like a sub in a car, are IEM's better than cans? Im in a market for one and still I cant decide what to get

With IEMs you get more bass quantity because the drivers are closer to your ears, but with full sized headphones you get more air moving for more of that visceral feel.

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #7,313 of 11,286
Well they both have their ups and downs, but cans will probably bring you closer to car-sub bass. On a budget, I'd check out the M Audio Q40s, ATH Pro 700 MkII, Creative Aurvana Live!, or, with a bigger budget, the Ultrasone Pro 900. If you have/plan on buying an amp, Denon D2000 (or their higher models) would be good to look into.
Quote:
So if I want a bass sound that feels like a sub in a car, are IEM's better than cans? Im in a market for one and still I cant decide what to get

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #7,314 of 11,286
Quote:
Well they both have their ups and downs, but cans will probably bring you closer to car-sub bass. On a budget, I'd check out the M Audio Q40s, ATH Pro 700 MkII, Creative Aurvana Live!, or, with a bigger budget, the Ultrasone Pro 900. If you have/plan on buying an amp, Denon D2000 (or their higher models) would be good to look into.

Agree with this 100%. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #7,316 of 11,286

I checked your recomended cans... no offense but its quite not my taste regarding style. I want cans that I can wear outside

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #7,317 of 11,286
Quote:
I checked your recomended cans... no offense but its quite not my taste regarding style. I want cans that I can wear outside

Maybe Beats then?  Or M100? 

All the ones Gilly mentioned I too felt were good choices and good looking.  Are you looking for low profile?  Ultrasone Edition 8 is about the lowest profile, sharpest (maybe too blingy) headphone if you're fashion-concious. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #7,318 of 11,286
Quote:
Maybe Beats then?

An Excellent recommendation for the up and coming Audio Fashionista!
I was just going to recommend them myself, it is perfect for a Form over Function type situation.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back