The Basshead Club
Aug 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #7,248 of 11,286
Quote:

Ah okay I thought you meant just see them at all, but you meant in person. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry to confuse you. 
biggrin.gif

From what I heard, the Custom One Tesla hasn't been released yet and won't be until spring of next year. Is it true? I'd really like to know how Beyer's Tesla drivers perform, seeing as they're usually in or close to Summit-Fi level (i.e., T1, T5p). I haven't owned any of the top brands before (AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser), so it'd be a very significant first for me.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #7,249 of 11,286
Quote:
Ah, so that's probably why Tyll hated it then. Says it was "gimmicky."
On the other hand, he really liked the K267 Tiesto's bass boost, where he said that it actually worked.

Umm, it's more like the opposite, there's FR tests which show the Custom One has greater variety between the settings but Tyll appriciated the Tiesto K267 more subtle variety between the settings so as an audiophile that was more "tastefully" done, i.e. all the settings sounded pretty nice/useful to him, also the max boost. As far as SQ goes, K267 is definitely better too but the poor build quality on K267 is what "breaks" (no phun intended) these headphones.

The Beyers are a bit love or hate, some love them, some hate them. Even very experienced reviewer like the one on CNET (don't remember his name right now, Stevie or whatever) liked the COPs a lot and thought it was one of the better recommendations he could give at that price category. While Tyll for example didn't like em much at all.

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #7,250 of 11,286
Quote:

Umm, it's more like the opposite, there's FR tests which show the Custom One has greater variety between the settings but Tyll appriciated the Tiesto K267 more subtle variety between the settings so as an audiophile that was more "tastefully" done, i.e. all the settings sounded pretty nice/useful to him, also the max boost. As far as SQ goes, K267 is definitely better too but the poor build quality on K267 is what "breaks" (no phun intended) these headphones.

The Beyers are a bit love or hate, some love them, some hate them. Even very experienced reviewer like the one on CNET (don't remember his name right now, Stevie or whatever) liked the COPs a lot and thought it was one of the better recommendations he could give at that price category. While Tyll for example didn't like em much at all.

Well, I did a bit more research, and I found the same results. You're right -- the Beyers are really polarizing. It's kinda like what Jude said in his 2012 Holiday (and this year's Summer) Gift Guide on the T5p.

Oh yeah, about the CNET reviewer, I believe you're referring to Steve Guttenberg, one of the lead reviewers of headphones on CNET. I recall that he also wrote an article on InnerFidelity once, though I'm not certain of its validity.

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #7,251 of 11,286
Quote:

I typically trust your info on this website and this made me very excited to try them for some reason. Should be here Friday. 

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #7,252 of 11,286
Quote:
Well, I did a bit more research, and I found the same results. You're right -- the Beyers are really polarizing. It's kinda like what Jude said in his 2012 Holiday (and this year's Summer) Gift Guide on the T5p.

Oh yeah, about the CNET reviewer, I believe you're referring to Steve Guttenberg, one of the lead reviewers of headphones on CNET. I recall that he also wrote an article on InnerFidelity once, though I'm not certain of its validity.

I find Steve Guttenberg to be one of, if not THE, most credible headphone reviewer out there.  His reviews match my perception of their sound 99% of the time.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #7,253 of 11,286
I feel the same. He seems to be much more unbiased and forgiving than some other folks out there.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #7,254 of 11,286
Quote:
I find Steve Guttenberg to be one of, if not THE, most credible headphone reviewer out there.  His reviews match my perception of their sound 99% of the time.

Honestly, I have to agree. He writes very credible reviews, almost to the point that I have trouble believing the descriptions of headphones by someone else.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #7,256 of 11,286
Aug 28, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #7,257 of 11,286
Quote:
Well, I don't know exactly how, but I do have this:
http://www.cnet.com/8730-4_1-0.html?username=TheAudiophiliac
In case you're wondering , it's The Audiophiliac's reviews list. At least, that's what Steve's username is. XD

Hope it helps! :D

Okay thank you!

Doesn't look like theres a search so I'm going through 29 pages of reviews :D

edit: I don't think it's in there. I went through the reviews up until the year that they didn't even exist :frowning2:

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #7,258 of 11,286
Quote:
Okay thank you!

Doesn't look like theres a search so I'm going through 29 pages of reviews :D

edit: I don't think it's in there. I went through the reviews up until the year that they didn't even exist :frowning2:

Actually, there is no review on the Cnet by any of their reviewing team. Just some user reviews.
Sorry to let you go through all that trouble. I only found out about this earlier.

So that means that this statement...
 Even very experienced reviewer like the one on CNET (don't remember his name right now, Stevie or whatever) liked the COPs a lot and thought it was one of the better recommendations he could give at that price category.

...is, in fact, erroneous. We don't have evidence on that, so we couldn't really pin that down just yet. Still, there's no doubt that the current facts contradict this statement. Therefore, I object!

Sorry for my Phoenix Wright persona going on. I couldn't get that outta my head. XD

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #7,259 of 11,286
The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro is available in my local Media Markt store. I tried them out and found them comfortable and very good sounding.The bass switches really work fine. It is for sure a good can for all kinds of purpose. And it is easy to drive.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #7,260 of 11,286
Quote:
Actually, there is no review on the Cnet by any of their reviewing team. Just some user reviews.
Sorry to let you go through all that trouble. I only found out about this earlier.

So that means that this statement...
...is, in fact, erroneous. We don't have evidence on that, so we couldn't really pin that down just yet. Still, there's no doubt that the current facts contradict this statement. Therefore, I object!

Sorry for my Phoenix Wright persona going on. I couldn't get that outta my head. XD

No problem :) I saw it was mentioned there was a review of them by Steve so I figured that was true. 

Quote:
The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro is available in my local Media Markt store. I tried them out and found them comfortable and very good sounding.The bass switches really work fine. It is for sure a good can for all kinds of purpose. And it is easy to drive.

Awesome!:) I'm getting them a day earlier then expected, picking them up tomorrow now. Excited!

Easy to drive was a big plus for me as I want to use them in the car with my phone (when I'm not driving, haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back