The Basshead Club
Aug 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #7,171 of 11,286
Quote:
I used to consider myself a basshead, and I think for those who appreciate quality, control, and presence of bass, the HD650 would make the list. I don't really think of myself as a "basshead" any more, but if you look at the phones I use, well...
size]

I think all of us who start out as bass heads learn to love everything else just as much, and grow to appreciate the enjoyment of truly TIGHT bass 

For example a guitar has some of the most magical bass you can hear! The combination of majority 150-170 hrz tones, combined with a few tid bits of 250-350 [which I'd considered upper bass LOW mids] is... really wonderful! It has a soft impact like a kick drum but it extends really nicely and YES it's bass. I'd call 150-170 the upper limits of bass and the lower limits of mids, so that combo a upper bass and low mids has a really awesome feel to it, and trust me it TAKES TIME before you can REALLY feel bass and mids even at low volumes. And trust me that day you REALLLY feel it... it will catch you off guard. But with time you'll start to enjoy less and less bass, as you get accoustum to the tatical differances in bass mids and highs, bass feels very differnt than mids, and sounds different too as well.

Ofc it helps to be blind, tastless and without the ability to smell! [thank you years of allerigies, thanks for avoiding my ears and ruining the other 3 sense on my face xD] 

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #7,174 of 11,286
You could also include Audio Technica's CKM-55. Beautiful deep and clear bass. I was using him 6hrs. a day, 6 days a week, during those years he become my lovely little friend who have never left me alone and I was always caring of him. But after the recabling he's not the same :frowning2: Sadly, I'm looking for a new basshead friend. Some, which are available in my country:
Fischer Audio Consonance (70€)
Audio Technica CKS-55 (60€)
Denon AH-C751 (100€)
Sony XBA-2/3 (50€/90€ but they got asymmetric cable so naah..)
Yamaha EPH-100 (130€ - a bit costy but I really like it's design)
Beyerdynamic DTX (80€)
Shure S215 (80€)
Any experiences?

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #7,176 of 11,286
Also had the cks1k but I recommend the 77 over them.  Not sure if this is in your range
, but the corecool v2 is currently the headphone I am using at the moment. They are available on ebay.co.uk if you want to check them out. I doubt you will find an iem with more bass than these things.

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #7,177 of 11,286
Why would.you recommend the 77 over the 1k?

Also had the cks1k but I recommend the 77 over them.  Not sure if this is in your range
, but the corecool v2 is currently the headphone I am using at the moment. They are available on ebay.co.uk if you want to check them out. I doubt you will find an iem with more bass than these things.

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #7,178 of 11,286
So true! It almost seems like a lot of Head-Fiers begin as bassheads and, as we hear more phones and start to pay more attention to the quality and depth of bass, other elements start to seem more important than they used to, because we start LISTENING to the music instead of just hearing it...and it's all downhill from there XD

I started here looking for a good pair of bassy IEMs with a mic to use with my phone...should've let it go at the SE215...now I've moved from IEMs to portable HPs to full size and finally to open phones...now I own DT770s and HD650s and I'm buying expensive sources and amps, slowly turning into a DIYer...

...help...

ph34r.gif

Quote:
I think all of us who start out as bass heads learn to love everything else just as much, and grow to appreciate the enjoyment of truly TIGHT bass 

For example a guitar has some of the most magical bass you can hear! The combination of majority 150-170 hrz tones, combined with a few tid bits of 250-350 [which I'd considered upper bass LOW mids] is... really wonderful! It has a soft impact like a kick drum but it extends really nicely and YES it's bass. I'd call 150-170 the upper limits of bass and the lower limits of mids, so that combo a upper bass and low mids has a really awesome feel to it, and trust me it TAKES TIME before you can REALLY feel bass and mids even at low volumes. And trust me that day you REALLLY feel it... it will catch you off guard. But with time you'll start to enjoy less and less bass, as you get accoustum to the tatical differances in bass mids and highs, bass feels very differnt than mids, and sounds different too as well.

Ofc it helps to be blind, tastless and without the ability to smell! [thank you years of allerigies, thanks for avoiding my ears and ruining the other 3 sense on my face xD] 

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #7,181 of 11,286
Lol

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #7,184 of 11,286
If we are talking about dubstep with good bass, a few come to mind.

Psychopath (bassex remix)
Cool. Really crazy bass... Just wonderfull. Plenty of awesome sounds/treble too.

Tesseract (by blaqcix)
Strange song... Lots of bass though... Idk. Pretty cool.

Harry (bare noize remix)
Sweet all around. Kinda dark and creepy.

Falling down (xkore remix)
I always reference this song when i want to test mid bass. Really well mixed, very fast, ect.

Anyways... Although i know a ton of others with alot of bass, those are the ones i know of that not only have alot of bass but present it in an awesome way :3

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #7,185 of 11,286
Quote:
If we are talking about dubstep with good bass, a few come to mind.

Psychopath (bassex remix)
Cool. Really crazy bass... Just wonderfull. Plenty of awesome sounds/treble too.

Tesseract (by blaqcix)
Strange song... Lots of bass though... Idk. Pretty cool.

Harry (bare noize remix)
Sweet all around. Kinda dark and creepy.

Falling down (xkore remix)
I always reference this song when i want to test mid bass. Really well mixed, very fast, ect.

Anyways... Although i know a ton of others with alot of bass, those are the ones i know of that not only have alot of bass but present it in an awesome way :3

I found Culprate's Colors album had some seriously cool bass, and the song Tentacle by Culprate was also super duper tight and creepy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back