The Basshead Club
Aug 12, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #7,156 of 11,286
Quote:
Thanks for the tips.

Indeed, and if you can find it, I really enjoyed my XB 700

But as I said before, the Koss Porta Pro is bassier than you think. You might really enjoy slowy building your own Modded Porta Pro 

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #7,157 of 11,286
Hey, hopefully I can get some more 'accurate' answers here from bassheads like myself. Far too many audiophiles are mislabelling M50s, DT 770s, UE 6000s as "basscannons", when they're just slightly north of neutral. I've been searching for a long time now and it's quite annoying with everyone throwing neutral headphone recommendations at me. You are my last hope, basshead club.

I currently own the JVC HAM5X xtreme xplosives. These have pretty much exactly the same level of bass as the Sony XB500s.

I'm looking for headphones with the bass impact/vibratons/same level that the XB500s has but with better overall clarity? I listen to mainly hip hop, rap, litreally top 40 stuff with a £150 budget.

If the headphones bass isn't on/very near the same level as the XB500s then leave them out.

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #7,158 of 11,286
Thanks for the tips.

I might have been a little harsh on you and what you said might have made sense. Nearly everyone has gone through the beats route but you coming here is for the better and I know you are not working and all but I wish that you can finally get a proper can.

And btw, if you think you are young, I'm most probably younger, but I have always gave respect to each and everyone on this forum.
Not trying to criticize you but maybe just sometimes check what you typed before hitting that submit/reply button.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #7,159 of 11,286
@Thatbeatsguy

To be honest I don't think the m50 would be an upgrade over your beats pros, especially for a basshead. There is no reason to change your headphones unless you think you are missing something, or want an upgrade. And a true upgrade to the beats pro would cost over $150 IMHO. I would definitely keep the pros.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #7,160 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey, hopefully I can get some more 'accurate' answers here from bassheads like myself. Far too many audiophiles are mislabelling M50s, DT 770s, UE 6000s as "basscannons", when they're just slightly north of neutral. I've been searching for a long time now and it's quite annoying with everyone throwing neutral headphone recommendations at me. You are my last hope, basshead club.

I currently own the JVC HAM5X xtreme xplosives. These have pretty much exactly the same level of bass as the Sony XB500s.

I'm looking for headphones with the bass impact/vibratons/same level that the XB500s has but with better overall clarity? I listen to mainly hip hop, rap, litreally top 40 stuff with a £150 budget.

If the headphones bass isn't on/very near the same level as the XB500s then leave them out.

Your only hope is the sony XB700 with a very simple mod. The mod will tighten the entire sound stage up. And the xb 700 has Sub Bass like the XB500 has mid bass, overall it should be an improvement in mids and Highs, but the shift from Mid to Sub might not to as you'd want. Still with a proper headphone Amp like the Z02 you should be able to get plenty of bass [or at the least a $35 E11] 

Quote:
@Thatbeatsguy

To be honest I don't think the m50 would be an upgrade over your beats pros, especially for a basshead. There is no reason to change your headphones unless you think you are missing something, or want an upgrade. And a true upgrade to the beats pro would cost over $150 IMHO. I would definitely keep the pros.

I do, the M50 or other cans, should have better mids, better treble and more controlled bass, yes less of it but better overall dynamics and Sound Balance

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #7,161 of 11,286
The dt770 and the q40 both should be improvements with more bass than the m50, still prob not as much as the pros though

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #7,162 of 11,286

Not sure what your budget allows or the exchange rate translated to but in the states an Ultrasone Pro900 has better, deeper bass than anything I've heard (and to keep it relevant to you I've owned the XB500 and had a weekend with a Beats Executive) and the XB500 did not hit hard. It rumbled and made a lot of Bassy sounds but not clean. The Pro900 hits hard and handles whatever you throw at it. And can be found for $250ish USD.

And here's an option most won't consider or know about. The Darth Beyer has as one guy called it "diarrhea inducing bass". Actually it is about as deep as it gets. Darth Beyer is a DT770 (already known as a basshead can as you grudgingly allowed) with deep wooden cups, improved wiring and some driver mods. I just got a pair and tho I have not given it much head time yet, what I have heard is indeed better than XB level. Problem is that are a collectors item and not easily found and if found spebpndy.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #7,164 of 11,286
Quote:
The Darth Beyer has as one guy called it "diarrhea inducing bass".

Too Fine!
biggrin.gif
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #7,166 of 11,286
Quote:
I might have been a little harsh on you and what you said might have made sense. Nearly everyone has gone through the beats route but you coming here is for the better and I know you are not working and all but I wish that you can finally get a proper can.

And btw, if you think you are young, I'm most probably younger, but I have always gave respect to each and everyone on this forum.
Not trying to criticize you but maybe just sometimes check what you typed before hitting that submit/reply button.

Lol, you're younger? Lol, if I'm 13, does that mean you're...10? XD
Yeah, sorry about earlier.

I'd like to get myself a can soon, but I'll wait. Thanks.

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #7,169 of 11,286
LOL Going a bit backwards here. I have several more "expensive" basshead cans (pro 900, d2000, ie80, x10, CAL...), and today I got my XB-500. Quite honestly it's a fine headphone. Somewhat plasticky and doesn't seem to be of the best quality build wise, however sound wise it's good. There's probably a million things wrong with it if you're after a balanced blah blah blah sound, but I am not. If you like your music a bit bassy it's a good headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back