The Basshead Club
Jun 23, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #6,676 of 11,286
Hey bassheaders,

After my earlier post I started to search and I narrowed down my list to these headphones: ultrasone hfi580, hfi780, pro550, ath-m50, denon 1100.
Mostly I listen electronic&techno (like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eKRs7Vgn4, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4PdeF1kUk,etc.)

Could you please help me to choose the right one for this genre?

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #6,677 of 11,286
Quote:
Hey bassheaders,

After my earlier post I started to search and I narrowed down my list to these headphones: ultrasone hfi580, hfi780, pro550, ath-m50, denon 1100.
Mostly I listen electronic&techno (like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eKRs7Vgn4, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4PdeF1kUk,etc.)

Hm... I didn't exactly see your previous posts but what's your budget? As there are a few main go-to recommendation here at the basshead club. 
On-A-Budget: M-Audio Q40
Can Afford to Spend A Bit of Money: V-Moda M100
Got Cash to Burn: Ultrasone Signature DJ

Looking at your list I'm assuming your budget is close to "On-A-Budget" category, so have you considered the Q40? I have yet to tried them but I have seen the name of that headphone pop up so many time that I think I can safely recommend them.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #6,678 of 11,286
v moda m100 is not really a basshead headphone LP or LP2 is much better for the bassheads, denon 1100 is a solid choice has plenty of bass to satisfy bassheads and fairly inexpensive now. I will never buy anothe ultrasone product has the 580 and hated it and the no own the pro 900 and its not that great of headphone to me.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #6,679 of 11,286
Quote:

Hm... I didn't exactly see your previous posts but what's your budget? As there are a few main go-to recommendation here at the basshead club. 
On-A-Budget: M-Audio Q40
Can Afford to Spend A Bit of Money: V-Moda M100
Got Cash to Burn: Ultrasone Signature DJ

Looking at your list I'm assuming your budget is close to "On-A-Budget" category, so have you considered the Q40? I have yet to tried them but I have seen the name of that headphone pop up so many time that I think I can safely recommend them.

Yes my budget is max 200-250 dollar. I saw a grado in your profile pic, would you recommend them if I listen that genre what I linked?

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #6,680 of 11,286
Quote:
v moda m100 is not really a basshead headphone LP or LP2 is much better for the bassheads, denon 1100 is a solid choice has plenty of bass to satisfy bassheads and fairly inexpensive now. I will never buy anothe ultrasone product has the 580 and hated it and the no own the pro 900 and its not that great of headphone to me.

So would you recommend the denon 1100 over the ath m50 ? what was wrong with the ultrasones?

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #6,681 of 11,286
Quote:
So would you recommend the denon 1100 over the ath m50 ? what was wrong with the ultrasones?

yeah the denon 1100 are better in bass terms than the m50's they cost like 40 pounds now and use to retail at 150 so it is a bargain for the headphones, plus they are more portable than the m50's, i have not heard the m50's but I do have there top basshead headphone the pro700mk2 and cpmparing the denon 1100 to these the denon holds up very well in terms of bass, its a nice headphones that has clarity aswell as bass. hope this has helped

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #6,682 of 11,286
Ultrasones tend to be a love/hate relationship, im assuming because the slogic works for most, not all. I have the hfi 580 and ive never heard anything better (even though i havnt heard many high quality headphones, mind u)

But i honestly think anything on your list will be a great choice, and i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I can say though that ultrasone was built for edm though...

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #6,683 of 11,286
Unless you can't afford a M100, I'd go with Ultrasone for EDM. I am a fan of the 780, they are very good for trance especially, the 580 has more bass but less clarity so you should try both to see which one you like more. If you want head banging skull rattling crazy amount of bass, the only 2 real choices in your price range are the Pro700MKII and the VModa LP2, I find those 2 a bit too much bass for my liking, but you may like them.

I have a set of relatively new M50s..... they only have very small bass emphasis. I think the earlier version had more, but the ones floating around the market now has their bass tuned down. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #6,684 of 11,286
Quote:
Ultrasones tend to be a love/hate relationship, im assuming because the slogic works for most, not all. I have the hfi 580 and ive never heard anything better (even though i havnt heard many high quality headphones, mind u)

But i honestly think anything on your list will be a great choice, and i wouldnt worry about it too much.

I can say though that ultrasone was built for edm though...

Thank you!:)

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #6,685 of 11,286
Quote:
Unless you can't afford a M100, I'd go with Ultrasone for EDM. I am a fan of the 780, they are very good for trance especially, the 580 has more bass but less clarity so you should try both to see which one you like more. If you want head banging skull rattling crazy amount of bass, the only 2 real choices in your price range are the Pro700MKII and the VModa LP2, I find those 2 a bit too much bass for my liking, but you may like them.

I have a set of relatively new M50s..... they only have very small bass emphasis. I think the earlier version had more, but the ones floating around the market now has their bass tuned down. 

Thank you!:)

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #6,687 of 11,286
[size=10pt]Ok after a few days of using my M100's I love them. The only thing is I still want more bass, my setup is:[/size]

[size=10pt]IPod classic - Fiio L9 - Fiio E11 - M100[/size]

[size=10pt]I like listening at lower volumes so max is like 4 on my E11. I have gotten the bass I want at higher levels but it’s just too loud for me, is there anything that I can do to get more impacting bass at lower volumes?[/size]

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #6,688 of 11,286
just look at the ohms of each headphone you want, if its 35 ohms and up and you are listening from a mobile device then i would say they would benifit from a fiio e5, but if they have any more than 60 ohms go for the e11.

i cant really tell you for sure if you would need it for a computer because i dont know much about computer cards and stuff.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #6,689 of 11,286
[SIZE=10pt]Ok after a few days of using my M100's I love them. The only thing is I still want more bass, my setup is:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]IPod classic - Fiio L9 - Fiio E11 - M100[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I like listening at lower volumes so max is like 4 on my E11. I have gotten the bass I want at higher levels but it’s just too loud for me, is there anything that I can do to get more impacting bass at lower volumes?[/SIZE]

Add a Digizoid ZO after the E-11, running on high gain. The E-11 is the volume control and the ZO the bass adder with its 32 contour levels. I've been running this combo for over a year now and the real benefit IS low volume level bass and depth of sound.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #6,690 of 11,286
You have one vote for the D1100. Bass is excellent, They certainly deliver and will satisfy.

Only reason I don't use them anymore is because I made a leap to the Sig DJ, which has a better sound overall, as they should, considering the price difference. I will say that the D1100 wins on bass quantity alone. I still keep them around for street use because they are so comfortable and light.

Haven't tried any of the other Ultrasones. Consensus is that the Sig DJ is not comparable to the other models, so I won't speak for those.
Quote:
Hey bassheaders,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back