The Basshead Club
Jun 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #6,661 of 11,286
One question. Alot of people say that the bass on the pro 900 is much better than vmodas, but that its so harsh that its not worth it. Im just still wondering how good the quality of treble and mids are, regardless of sound signature. I find that the people here at headfi tend to exaggerate :wink:

As Craig said, bass is as good as I've heard. To me personally however, highs are great as well. I must have a hole in my hearing where the "nails on chalkboard" sound is, and glad I do because I love these headphones. Almost equal to my Signature Pro's. and when I feel like a good head thumping, I turn to the Pro900's.

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #6,662 of 11,286
looking into getting the beats pro detox next for a basshead can, anyone have any experience with them to they deliver the bass or is it another monster failure, and before everyone gets at me of them being overprice I am buying a Genuine pair for £80 around 100usd. just wanted to know how the bass is on these, do they have a lot of impact, and also have ordered a pair of the vibe black death headphones will post pics and impressions here to

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #6,663 of 11,286
Quote:
looking into getting the beats pro detox next for a basshead can, anyone have any experience with them to they deliver the bass or is it another monster failure, and before everyone gets at me of them being overprice I am buying a Genuine pair for £80 around 100usd. just wanted to know how the bass is on these, do they have a lot of impact, and also have ordered a pair of the vibe black death headphones will post pics and impressions here to

While I am not a fan of Beats, I am a huge fan of a great deal and Beats Detox is easily worth twice that IMO.  I would be suspicious that the price is too good to be true.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #6,664 of 11,286
M100 are hands down the best headphones for EDM I have ever listened to. Love the signature. Just the right amount of bass yet its so smooth and clean. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #6,665 of 11,286
But have you heard the pro's can you tell me if they have a big bass feel and if there not genuine then they are going back to the shop but they matched the serials up and so far they are the real deal. on the fence of buying them as for there beats lol and secondly if the bass is not good as the pro700mk2's then I would consider it a fail, they do look like amazing headphones. so no one has heard the beats pro on the basshead forum.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #6,666 of 11,286
Quote:
But have you heard the pro's can you tell me if they have a big bass feel and if there not genuine then they are going back to the shop but they matched the serials up and so far they are the real deal. on the fence of buying them as for there beats lol and secondly if the bass is not good as the pro700mk2's then I would consider it a fail, they do look like amazing headphones. so no one has heard the beats pro on the basshead forum.

The Beats PRO which is, I believe, basis of the Beats Detox, does have bass about as impactful as the PRO700MK2, but not quite as deep or as tight.  They are heavier, but more comfortable to me.  The MK2 has better mids in terms of accuracy, detail and clarity.  However, I may get slammed for this one, but I prefer the overall sound of the Beats PRO to the MK2 simply because the MK2 is way too dark for my taste.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #6,667 of 11,286
thanks then I guess will be buying then only got 3 headphones left on the list until my list of basshead cans is complete.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #6,668 of 11,286
Quote:
The Beats PRO which is, I believe, basis of the Beats Detox, does have bass about as impactful as the PRO700MK2, but not quite as deep or as tight.  They are heavier, but more comfortable to me.  The MK2 has better mids in terms of accuracy, detail and clarity.  However, I may get slammed for this one, but I prefer the overall sound of the Beats PRO to the MK2 simply because the MK2 is way too dark for my taste.

do the pro's respond well to eq and do they distort on higher volumes I will have them amplifed always and listen at quite high Db.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #6,670 of 11,286
Quote:

Hmmm.... Back in the days when I was still new to the audiophile world, I thought that beats were the best because of its bass. The bass is pretty sweet in my opinion, but the MSRP is way too
high for its sound quality. If you can get a Genuine Pro at 80 Bucks, well I gotta say pretty good buy. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #6,671 of 11,286
Hmm. has anyone heard the kees mod with the pro 900? alot of people are raving about it, and thats supposed to smooth the highs....

idk, i just cant pass up a good bit of bass. :3

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #6,672 of 11,286
Hmm. has anyone heard the kees mod with the pro 900? alot of people are raving about it, and thats supposed to smooth the highs....

idk, i just cant pass up a good bit of bass. :3

Have you heard the Pro900 yet? You may not have an issue with the highs, as I don't. Lots of guys love this phone, and some hate the screechy highs. all depends on you. The bass IS astounding. Really hard hitting and you can keep adding more power and it won't stop going deeper.

Have you read the thread about the Kees mod? I have and it sounds interesting.

Another guy has put Jmoney pads on his Pro900........purported to ADD bass impact! I'm going to try it with either the Alpha pads or my spare Shure840 pads, using the spare frame to attach the pad to.

I'll report back to you bassheads. If this works, a basshead monster could be better?!?!

Also, I got my Beyerdynamic black gel pads yesterday, put them on my Q-40's and gotta say the comfort, seal and thump is sweet. Too bad they took 4 months to get. I'd consider adding them to the Pro900 but with the way you attach them it's permanent.

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #6,673 of 11,286
Quote:
Have you heard the Pro900 yet? You may not have an issue with the highs, as I don't. Lots of guys love this phone, and some hate the screechy highs. all depends on you. The bass IS astounding. Really hard hitting and you can keep adding more power and it won't stop going deeper.

Have you read the thread about the Kees mod? I have and it sounds interesting.

Another guy has put Jmoney pads on his Pro900........purported to ADD bass impact! I'm going to try it with either the Alpha pads or my spare Shure840 pads, using the spare frame to attach the pad to.

I'll report back to you bassheads. If this works, a basshead monster could be better?!?!

Also, I got my Beyerdynamic black gel pads yesterday, put them on my Q-40's and gotta say the comfort, seal and thump is sweet. Too bad they took 4 months to get. I'd consider adding them to the Pro900 but with the way you attach them it's permanent.

Are you going to try the Kees mod? It looks pretty easy, cheap and easily reversible.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #6,674 of 11,286
Are you going to try the Kees mod? It looks pretty easy, cheap and easily reversible.

No, because I love the sound as it is. I will do some work on the pad swap for sure. Have a pair of Alpha pads on the way, and have two different Beyerdynamic gels, the Shure 840's and the HiFiMan pleather as well as other velours. Probably start with the Alphas and decide from there. I even like the stock pads on the Pro900, just like to tinker and I have a saying in all things that "stock sucks". So i have to try something since i like the sound, and the pad swap will impact that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back