The Basshead Club
Apr 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #6,019 of 11,286
I think the most used word in this thread is M-100. 

I was actually going to post of the exact opposite of this. I have been reading almost every post like from 2 month back to help with my headphone search. It is not that often mentioned, but I don't complain because for an average consumer the price is nevertheless slightly steep. In fact, IMO, for an on the go, bring it everywhere and drop anyhow type of cans this is like the best of the best other than maybe the sig DJ and pro and Ed.8 which prices are astronimical for most lol
[Edited]

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #6,020 of 11,286
Quote:
I was actually going to post of the exact opposite of this. I have been reading almost every post like from 2 month back to help with my headphone search. It is not that often mentioned, but I don't complain because for an average consumer the price is nevertheless slightly steep.

Maybe I'ts just me. My eyes scan every post for M-100 or Signature DJ.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #6,021 of 11,286
Quote:
Maybe I'ts just me. My eyes scan every post for M-100 or Signature DJ.

Usually, when people come in here asking for some advice it's usually the M-100 if their funds support it. If not, then pro700mk2 or q-40. That's the way I've been seeing it.
Quote:
Honestly maybe you want to see if you can stand its poor comfort. It's like putting clips on your ears though I have yet tried the big bowl pads of the gs1k and ps1k

I tried out the gs1000 and the rs1, and I found the rs1 more comfortable. The gs1000 has rougher foam material for an over ear, while the on-ear rs1 has a more tolerable foam. Both are pretty uncomfortable, though, since the foam likes to scratch your ears a bit. Their bass performance is very poor too, since the earpads don't seal around your ears at all.

Anyways, why hasn't anyone been recommending the V-Sonic GR07 Bass Edition? I've seen a few posts of people choosing it over the FXZ200 and the XBA-4/40.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #6,022 of 11,286

Quote:
I think the most used word in this thread is M-100. 

Nah, it's probably the XB500. 
ph34r.gif

But yes, the M-100 is definitely one of the poster boys for the basshead club. It's got a pretty decent overall package - excellent bass, good overall sound, and great build.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #6,025 of 11,286
Quote:

what about the M-Audio Q40?

Never heard them, but people have said that they can be sibilant. It's nothing a quick eq can't fix, though. As far as bass performance goes (quantity/quality), it's probably a toss up between the two. Don't quote me on it, though.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #6,028 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm more concerned about comfort since both headphones have detachable cables.  I can't stand my DJ1 for more than two hours before they hurt both of my ears.

The Q40 is definitely more comfortable than the stock PRO700MK2, but you can purchase ATH-M50 pads for about $20 which will fit and are a significant improvement in comfort, although there is still a fair amount of clamping force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back