The Basshead Club
Mar 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #5,311 of 11,286
hehehe, xb 700 with JUST e11 is like a sub in ur head ;3... I've not double amped it yet and don't care to e.e. As I like TIGHT bass over quanity and BIG bass, and when you over boost it's gets a little less tight I THINK. A tight bass hits FAST n HARD, where as big bass lingers and takes over EVERY SOUND, sadly I don't like my xbs as much as I used to seeing as the bass is SO bloated and over present e.e

Gawd a bass head complaing about to much bass q.q

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #5,312 of 11,286
Quote:
Is it really worth it to buy so much amping equipment for a single pair of VBs? Don't you think it might've been a better purchase to just buy some better IEMs? I'm not saying the VBs are bad, I just mean you're spending more for your amp and dac than your phones. 

Then again, I suppose you can use the amp + dac for more than one set of 'phones.

i do have other IEMs and an xb500 but i am always looking for better IEMs and headphones
so what is a better basshead IEM to you? I chose the VB over sony xb90ex and vpulse.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #5,314 of 11,286
Quote:
If I'm not wrong, the PRO 80 version of the DT770 is its bassiest. Is that what you have as well? According to Amazon, they have 3 models listed. I'm not really sure, tbh. 
confused.gif

my bad, mine are the 250 ohm version, sorry

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #5,316 of 11,286
Quote:
my bad, mine are the 250 ohm version, sorry

Hey, no worries. I haven't listened to the DT770 much myself, and I'm sure I've tested the 80 ohm model and another, but I can't remember which version it was.

Quote:
i was told the ath-pro700mk are one of the best basshead headphones.. is that true or is there better?

It's great only when paired with an amp or EQed well. At stock levels, it's somewhat disappointing; however, you won't feel the same when it's used with an E11, for example. 
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #5,317 of 11,286
There are better headphones, but you'll either be paying more for them, or they will have worse sound quality (or both). The pros are pretty much in between those two sides with more of an emphasis on sonic fidelity. You just have to have some good earpads along with a good amp to bring out their potential. 

Some headphones like the xb500. 700, lp2, etc. offer noticeably more bass impact without needing an eq or a good amp, but they do so by sacrificing some of the sound quality. Headphones like the M-100 offer similar levels of bass to the pros, but they cost more (around 150), and the sonic differences between them aren't all that much different. Yeah, they may be colored differently, but the overall essence of what the headphones deliver should be somewhat relative (someone correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't heard the M-100s, but I'm thinking that the quality should be similar). I'm not trying to say that the M-100s are ripoffs or anything, it's just that the pros are priced very well for what they bring to the table. 

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #5,319 of 11,286
audio quality =/= coloration 

I'm just saying that they probably have similar levels of audio quality in general with the M-100 topping the pros, not what frequencies are emphasized or recessed. I may be wrong, though. Maybe someone who has both can input on them instead of me spouting nonsense 
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #5,320 of 11,286
Quote:
Heard many recommend the m100s, how does it stack up against the d2000 by denon?

yes please. i would love to hear a comparison between these as well.

Quote:
audio quality =/= coloration 

I'm just saying that they probably have similar levels of audio quality in general with the M-100 topping the pros, not what frequencies are emphasized or recessed. I may be wrong, though. Maybe someone who has both can input on them instead of me spouting nonsense 
tongue.gif

I've tried the M100 only, but I remember reading comparisons that say the ath-pro700mk is darker. I would also love to hear someone who has both now do a detailed A/B.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #5,321 of 11,286
Quote:
There are better headphones, but you'll either be paying more for them, or they will have worse sound quality (or both). The pros are pretty much in between those two sides with more of an emphasis on sonic fidelity. You just have to have some good earpads along with a good amp to bring out their potential. 

Some headphones like the xb500. 700, lp2, etc. offer noticeably more bass impact without needing an eq or a good amp, but they do so by sacrificing some of the sound quality. Headphones like the M-100 offer similar levels of bass to the pros, but they cost more (around 150), and the sonic differences between them aren't all that much different. Yeah, they may be colored differently, but the overall essence of what the headphones deliver should be somewhat relative (someone correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't heard the M-100s, but I'm thinking that the quality should be similar). I'm not trying to say that the M-100s are ripoffs or anything, it's just that the pros are priced very well for what they bring to the table. 

Then there is ofc the HE 500 the LCD Rev 2 Vegan pad and the JVC HX-1000 in the Summit Fi bass can section [the d7k as well] :D but I think with a sufficent eq an dac you don't need to RUSH into those... althoug I want all 3 e.e [espically those Jvcs, I hear they are a MEGA refined Xb 700 [in the sound signiture that is] 

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #5,325 of 11,286
Ignore, double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back