The Basshead Club
Jan 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #4,457 of 11,286
Well some1 reported slightly midrecession through entire midrange though which already is is enough for me to skip. :p

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #4,458 of 11,286
Yeah so I just got my FXZ200s. It's safe to say these are my last IEM. If they break, I'll get new ones, the price will no doubt have gone down by then. 

This subwoofer in the IEM is rattling my leg bones. I'm sitting in my chair typing this and my desk feels like its rumbling - as if my monitors are playing, but when I stop typing, I realize it's the bassline of the song travelling through my bones.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #4,459 of 11,286
Quote:
Yeah so I just got my FXZ200s. It's safe to say these are my last IEM. If they break, I'll get new ones, the price will no doubt have gone down by then. 

This subwoofer in the IEM is rattling my leg bones. I'm sitting in my chair typing this and my desk feels like its rumbling - as if my monitors are playing, but when I stop typing, I realize it's the bassline of the song travelling through my bones.

With such a large housing, how are you able to keep them in your ears?

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #4,460 of 11,286
Quote:
i am a basshead but i also want clarity. Only cans i had the ability to listen to was the m50's and the clarity on those are amazing but it didnt satisfy my bass needs

If I were you I would give the LP2 a try, but it's not the M-100. Also have you tried the Pioneer HDJ-2000? For me they fit awkward and I didn't like the sound.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #4,462 of 11,286
Quote:
The JVC HAM5X headphones down to £21.67 on amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004W73TCI/

They aren't worth anymore though soundwise. But bass quantity / price wise they are hard to beat at that price, pretty similar levels of bass a XB500. If I was to give it one compliment sound wise is that it's reasonably engaging to listen to due to having a quite "in-your-face" sound, but everything on this headphone will sound very thick / fullbodied, even most female vocalists will have a rather GROAAAWWLY strong voice even if that part of the mids are a bit recessed compared to lower mids but the lower mids & bass is so forward that it makes it sound that way. :p

Balance is like XB500-esque bass levels with more forward lower mids and more recessed upper-mids and with very veiled highs. Very similar balance to Beats Solo, I'd imagine they having pretty similar FR from looking at the graph of the Solo.

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4,463 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:

With such a large housing, how are you able to keep them in your ears?

I thought it'd be weird, and they DO stick out like Frankenbolts but they're not uncomfortable at all. Infact they were a little lighter than expected and sit rather easily in my ear. But other users suggested wearing them over ear, and they rest very nicely in your ear and don't stick out, albeit you have red and blue circles with L and R on them but I don't have a problem with that. I thought I'd have to switch the channels, but it actually fits better in my ear (some people might not) upside down and in the native ear it's supposed to be in. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4,464 of 11,286
i am a basshead but i also want clarity. Only cans i had the ability to listen to was the m50's and the clarity on those are amazing but it didnt satisfy my bass needs

You really should try the Ultrasone HFI 580 then. Clarity is about on par, but its bass presentation far exceeds what the M50 is capable of. Unfortunately, treble extension is equally pronounced, and tends to be a little sibilant at times.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #4,465 of 11,286
I need help still myself, I'm looking for a reason to be dissuaded from rebuying the Noontec's lol. Basically I'm looking for comfort like the CAL! but a sound like the Noontecs. In a portable package. If you haven't heard the Noontec it's identical to the CAL! To me .. Except its louder and has slightly homier bass. Any suggestions?

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #4,466 of 11,286
Quote:

They aren't worth anymore though soundwise. But bass quantity / price wise they are hard to beat at that price, pretty similar levels of bass a XB500. If I was to give it one compliment sound wise is that it's reasonably engaging to listen to due to having a quite "in-your-face" sound, but everything on this headphone will sound very thick / fullbodied, even most female vocalists will have a rather GROAAAWWLY strong voice even if that part of the mids are a bit recessed compared to lower mids but the lower mids & bass is so forward that it makes it sound that way. :p

Balance is like XB500-esque bass levels with more forward lower mids and more recessed upper-mids and with very veiled highs. Very similar balance to Beats Solo, I'd imagine they having pretty similar FR from looking at the graph of the Solo.

I read your review 
beerchug.gif

I just got the HAM5X today (just started burning it in). Is the XB500 siginficantly better than the HAM5X?
The HAM5X requires EQing to sound decent (but with EQing, it is nice 
L3000.gif
, but not mind blowing nice)

I also received the JVC HAFX101 earphones (£12), and MAN these are excellent out of the box.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #4,468 of 11,286
Quote:
I need help still myself, I'm looking for a reason to be dissuaded from rebuying the Noontec's lol. Basically I'm looking for comfort like the CAL! but a sound like the Noontecs. In a portable package. If you haven't heard the Noontec it's identical to the CAL! To me .. Except its louder and has slightly homier bass. Any suggestions?

CALs are only $60 on Amazon right now!

Noontec is introducing a higher end model that was previewed at CES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back