The Basshead Club
Jan 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #4,201 of 11,286
They turned out to be around 10 or more in each side. ; ) The treble is better than the FXZ200. But the secret here is my fine tuning after the mod. RPG will let you guys know soon, he will be comparing them to the M-Audio Q40's ; )

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #4,202 of 11,286
How durable are CAL's? Like I'm a rough person with my headphones, so I'm not sure what kind of abuse this can go through.
Bass quantity/qaulity compared to LP's? Do they clamp hard when you put them around your neck? Like LP's I use clamp all around my neck which makes it very uncomfortable.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #4,203 of 11,286
CAL's mids and treble are exceptional, but the bass is loose and distorts alot. But they're very comfy and isolate relatively well.

This is not abuse, it's done with acunpucture needles. Don't they penetrate your skin? Do they leave any marks? No : )

And they don't lose the warranty since the mod is not visible. The pads remains intact and untouched to my eyes.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #4,205 of 11,286
Quote:
nevermind

Craigster, would you like to qualify for a comparison with the V-MODA M100's? RPG can post them directly to you after he reviews them (at my expense of course).

Quote:
Wouldn't a sewing needle work just fine too?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Just trying. But I wouldn't risk. You can penetrate the drivers. If you want and if Craigster is interested in comparing them to the M100's he can then post them to you for testing. Let me know. I'm willing to make them roll of for as many users as possible. Like a DEMO unit. I guarantee you guys will be very impressed.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #4,206 of 11,286
Quote:

Craigster, would you like to qualify for a comparison with the V-MODA M100's? RPG can post them directly to you after he reviews them (at my expense of course).

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Just trying. But I wouldn't risk. You can penetrate the drivers. If you want and if Craigster is interested in comparing them to the M100's he can then post them to you for testing. Let me know. I'm willing to make them roll of for as many users as possible. Like a DEMO unit. I guarantee you guys will be very impressed.

I appreciate the offer (fyi, I am in the US, so the shipping cost would be significant).  At this point, I think I will decline.  I am usually open minded, but I have listened to just about every XB, current and previous and just don't like their sound at all.  Combine that with my ears adjusting to the M-100 over the past few months and every other headphone I have auditioned since the M-100 sounds like $#%& in comparison, so it is likely my opinion on the comparison would be biased, even with a mod.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #4,207 of 11,286
Quote:

I posted this a while ago. I think that Mike is exaggerating it a bit, though. 

I have no idea how they compare to the tiestos.

This sounds like an exaggeration. I find the bass quantity on the PRO 900 to be a little greater on the PRO700MK2. It's a bit tough comparing them, though, as one is quite sibilant and bright at times, and the other is a dark headphone.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #4,208 of 11,286
Quote:
How durable are CAL's? Like I'm a rough person with my headphones, so I'm not sure what kind of abuse this can go through.
Bass quantity/qaulity compared to LP's? Do they clamp hard when you put them around your neck? Like LP's I use clamp all around my neck which makes it very uncomfortable.

I don't have much faith in the CAL's long term durability; they don't look like they can withstand a lot of abuse. The LPs on the other hand, look like they can last forever.

Bass quantity on the CAL is pretty good, with a decent amount of mid-bass. It is a relatively detailed can (in comparison with the LP), and is a good all rounder headphone for many genres of music. Bass is more detailed on the CAL than on the LP; the latter gives you a lot of bass, but sacrifices in detail and quality.

Nevertheless, I very much prefer the LP, as I crave the sheer amount of bass it provides. Amping them with an E11 just makes it even more fun.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #4,209 of 11,286
......... So I heard you like bass

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #4,211 of 11,286
Not as hilarious as "In Soviet Russia, The Bass Drops You" ))))))))

I think these guys qualify for the Basshead club...

Obviously it's not the bass doing it but still funny nonetheless ^^

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #4,214 of 11,286
Quote:
Got my M-100's today.  Using them with an E17 on my laptop.  I am blown away!  Very punchy bass.  These are a keeper for sure.

Try this one out.

https://soundcloud.com/liquid-brilliants/eugenics-eight-memory

I honestly felt the vibrations in my legs right through my chair. Never experienced anything like that with an headphones. Unreal. These headphones continue to impress me every day.

Also noted an artefact in Diplodocus (The Upbeats remix) that I hadn't heard before with the m-100s. Not the headphones or the file, it's the mix. It's during the intro, there's a slight pop at the end of the intro synth sample that I can only hear on my M-100s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back