The Basshead Club
Dec 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #3,918 of 11,286
Quote:
I do think the review was unfair based on my comparative listening experience.  I was doing some last minute shopping and they just opened a huge updated Apple store at the mall near me. I A/B'd about a dozen headphones again compared to the M-100 and I felt they were the best sounding headphones in the store.  I am not just talking about bass, but the entire range.  The only bassier headphone was the UE6000, but their bass is not as tight.

From most reviews around, I would say the M-100 has indeed lived up to most of the hype. They probably are one of the best sounding basshead cans around, especially in that price bracket.

Which makes you wonder why Ed wrote the his review the way he did. Sounded like he had an agenda.

Nevertheless, let's not beat a dead horse. For those who have an M-100, enjoy! For those without, like me, I'm still looking forward to buying one.

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #3,919 of 11,286

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes, my fellow bassheads! 
smile.gif

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #3,920 of 11,286
Quote:
Is the V-Moda LP the bassiest set of cans in the 100$ range?

You will be hard pressed to find a bassier can in an even more expensive price range as well.

You can try the XB300, XB500, XB700, Crossfade LP, Crossfade LP2, HA-M5X and HA-S4X. They are all extremely bassy cans.

Quote:
Are they really as awful as lots of the reviews say they are? I've got the M50's and the bass doesn't have enough power even with my Fiio E11 set on EQ 2. 

Nope, I don't find the LPs awful at all. They aren't very good for most genres of music, but since I'm a huge EDM fan, the LPs sound fantastic with them, even without EQ-ing.

The M50s are bass light, IMO, and that's why you probably aren't satisfied with its bass performance, even with the E11.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,922 of 11,286
Quote:
Is the V-Moda LP the bassiest set of cans in the 100$ range?

Hey bud, if you're only spending $100 you mind as well get some IEM's. You will be disappointed with the quality you would be gettnig with full sized cans, I promise. Get the Velodyne Vpulse. They are VERY good for the price. They sound better than the DT 770's in my opinion (though I'm not amping them sooo it's kind of an unfair comparison). If you wanna get even fancier go for the Atrio MG7's (pricer though). Of course, I'm quite new to the scene so this is all just from a few months of experience. Though I do own all the gear I recommend so this isn't based off of what I've read but from real experience. Hope this helps. Happy holidays. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #3,924 of 11,286
You wanna know what's funny?

I asked for the HTC EVO LTE (for Sprint here in the states) only because it had Beats Audio and I thought I would get more bass than the Samsung Galaxy S3......and it was black and the Galaxy is white and I'm not a fan of white electronics lulz.

SO!  Finally get it today, finally put two songs on there today, aaaaaaaand I turned Beats Audio off and am now using the "Dance" EQ on the phone.  Oh the irony.  That was ******* pathetic.  It was muddy and lacked teh BASS!!!!!! and I needs my BASS!!!!!!!   I'm going to have to amp this phone, though.

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #3,925 of 11,286
Quote:
I certainly do but I don't know if I want to go for a basshead headphone with a little more all rounder capability or if I want the LP... I am sure that I could EQ them to get the sound I am looking for. How do they compare in size to the M50? How do they leak? I am stuck between the LP or the WS55. The LP is only another 5$ more.

Quote:
Are they really as awful as lots of the reviews say they are? I've got the M50's and the bass doesn't have enough power even with my Fiio E11 set on EQ 2. 

They aren't. One you have to burn them in. Like its absolutely necessary to. If you're absolutely set on bass heavy music, then they're great. Honestly one of the better purchase I've made especially at cheaper prices. They're highs and mids aren't as terrible as people say. Don't take this as "buy them for mids and highs!' but just as its not terrible. They have gobfuls of bass that are pefect for EDM. Not to mention they're stylish as hell as well as durable. Like I've owned Phillips the stretch which are supposed to be durable headphones and have broken them. I still haven't broken these LP's at all; hell I don't even think its possible to break them within reason. Head-fi are biased against headphones who's sound signature don't match whatever they like. For instance, beats aren't as terrible for listening to hip-hop/edm as people make them out to; which was there intended purpose. Sure they sound like crap for everything else and are overpriced, but again music is catered to each individuals taste. 

I've noticed something weird about the LP's in leakage. Whenever I play bass heavy music, there's very little bass leakage even when I play incredibly loud volumes. However as I play some higher frequency music, you begin to hear it leak. Just a word of advice on EQ'ing. Don't expect too much. Like it works great for must stuff, but it cant magically turn an 80$ headphone into a 300 dollar headphone, so don't expect that. They're pretty large and heavy as well, but you do get used to it.

Dec 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #3,929 of 11,286
Dec 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,930 of 11,286
Received my JVC FXZ200's today! I can hereby state that my search for the ultimate bass experience has ended :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back