The Basshead Club
Dec 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #3,901 of 11,286
Quote:

Thanks. I wonder why he was banned in the first place.

Anyway, do you think the Headfonia reviewers were overly negative of the M-100 due in part to the massive hype surrounding them on HF? I just feel like the review is more suited for a low range basshead can than the M-100.

For example, look at Ed's own words -
Sound wise I find the M-100 a very difficult one to recommend. The hype for this headphone has been ridiculous - if you live on head-fi.org anyway - and perhaps that effected my ultimate opinion, but I have sat on this review for a while now and my thoughts are not shifting.

I do think the review was unfair based on my comparative listening experience.  I was doing some last minute shopping and they just opened a huge updated Apple store at the mall near me. I A/B'd about a dozen headphones again compared to the M-100 and I felt they were the best sounding headphones in the store.  I am not just talking about bass, but the entire range.  The only bassier headphone was the UE6000, but their bass is not as tight.

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #3,908 of 11,286
Quote:
Are they really as awful as lots of the reviews say they are? I've got the M50's and the bass doesn't have enough power even with my Fiio E11 set on EQ 2. 

If you're talking about the crossfade than they are not bad for edm, hiphop, rap, dubstep, etc. When I had mine I used them all the time for those genre. I wouldn't recommend them for rock or classical or country or anything like that.
And yes, I agree with you about the M50, they lack bass, that's why I returned mine after a week.

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #3,909 of 11,286
Quote:
Are they really as awful as lots of the reviews say they are? I've got the M50's and the bass doesn't have enough power even with my Fiio E11 set on EQ 2. 

It depends on your definition of awful.  If you just wants gobs of bass they are great for that.  If you care about detail, resolution and transparency for multi-genre listening, then yes, IMO, they are awful for that.

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3,912 of 11,286
Do you like bass music? You shall not be dispointed. Want a versatile can, look elsewhere. Personal, I love mine!

I certainly do but I don't know if I want to go for a basshead headphone with a little more all rounder capability or if I want the LP... I am sure that I could EQ them to get the sound I am looking for. How do they compare in size to the M50? How do they leak? I am stuck between the LP or the WS55. The LP is only another 5$ more.

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #3,914 of 11,286
Quote:
I certainly do but I don't know if I want to go for a basshead headphone with a little more all rounder capability or if I want the LP... I am sure that I could EQ them to get the sound I am looking for. How do they compare in size to the M50? How do they leak? I am stuck between the LP or the WS55. The LP is only another 5$ more.

Please, I beg you, DO NOT GET THE WS55!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back