The Basshead Club
Dec 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #3,857 of 11,286
Quote:
double amp your LPs with and E11 on setting #2 and a ZO, then we'll talk about too much bass
L3000.gif

biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #3,858 of 11,286
Guess what? I broke my headphones! When I was trying to repair the cables for the thousandth time, a piece of solder got into the membrane and burnt a hole in it. Then, the solder ball got stuck on the edge of the membrane, and it was a pain to get out. So, now I'm going to be headphone-less for about a week. 

I repurchased the pro700mk2 used off of amazon, and went ahead and purchased a refurbished pair of the AD-900 headphones. Both of the headphones together only cost $301, so it isn't too bad. I could have bought the DT990/600, M-100/LPx, DT770 Pro 80, or even the Pro900s, but I strongly believe that the drivers in the Pro700mkII have so much potential, more than the aforementioned headphones. I'm going to repeat my mod on the pro700mkII (remove the white tape stuff blocking the holes in the drivers), and transplant the drivers in the AD-900. I'll make a thread once I get everything in if you guys want to follow my progress. 

I was going to buy a Schiit Lyr too...guess I gotta wait now.

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #3,860 of 11,286
Quote:
Would you consider the bass enough for a moderate basshead?

The WS55 is a  can that that should satisfy most bassheads. It is a punchy can with with decent mid-bass quantity. There is good impact on the low-end, and the bass presentation retains some level of clarity. Using them stock won't get you a ear-shaking experience, but if you'are a fan of punchy bass, this should be a decent choice for you. Out of curiosity, what other basshead cans are you considering?

Quote:
so i bought the crossfade LP's...couldn't be happier. dare i buy an E11? or would that be so much bass that it would give me a nosebleed.
ALSO dub step fans check out monster cat records. super bassy. 

Yup, you should. There can not be enough bass, bro. You're in the basshead club. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #3,863 of 11,286
Quote:
Guess what? I broke my headphones! When I was trying to repair the cables for the thousandth time, a piece of solder got into the membrane and burnt a hole in it. Then, the solder ball got stuck on the edge of the membrane, and it was a pain to get out. So, now I'm going to be headphone-less for about a week. 

I repurchased the pro700mk2 used off of amazon, and went ahead and purchased a refurbished pair of the AD-900 headphones. Both of the headphones together only cost $301, so it isn't too bad. I could have bought the DT990/600, M-100/LPx, DT770 Pro 80, or even the Pro900s, but I strongly believe that the drivers in the Pro700mkII have so much potential, more than the aforementioned headphones. I'm going to repeat my mod on the pro700mkII (remove the white tape stuff blocking the holes in the drivers), and transplant the drivers in the AD-900. I'll make a thread once I get everything in if you guys want to follow my progress. 

I was going to buy a Schiit Lyr too...guess I gotta wait now.

I'm really sorry to hear that, but I love that your MODDING your Pro700Mk2's into a Ad-900 shell :O that's insane but AUDIOPHILE insane, so I'll love to follow when u get em in! 
Quote:
Just went a head and got the JVC-FXZ200.  Hopin this thing hits hard but sounds good too.  All thanks to DSNuts.  

... :O. I heard the JVC-Dx-1000 was like a Super Refined XB-700 [Monster Sub Bass and slighty distant Trebele] makes me wonder, is the JVC can your getting in the same family of top end bass monsters :D

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #3,864 of 11,286
Guys go get a V-Moda M100...wipes the floor with my DT770 Pro 80

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #3,866 of 11,286
Comparison gogogo

I did a tiny one here...but really need more time to compare to write anything substantial
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/10950#post_8981378

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #3,868 of 11,286
Well...according to the M100 review below, the Philips Fidelio L1 -wipes the floor- with the M100. But then Tyll from Innerfidelity put the M100 in his "wall of fame" as the best basshead portable headphone ever.

Who to believe? 
confused.gif

http://www.headfonia.com/style-and-power-vmoda-m-100/

Dec 22, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #3,869 of 11,286
Quote:
Well...according to the M100 review below, the Philips Fidelio L1 -wipes the floor- with the M100. But then Tyll from Innerfidelity put the M100 in his "wall of fame" as the best basshead portable headphone ever.

Who to believe? 
confused.gif

http://www.headfonia.com/style-and-power-vmoda-m-100/

This has come up before.  The Headphonia guest reviewer seems to have some sort of agenda and is banned from Head-fi to the best of my understanding.  I don't always agree with Tyll's reviews but I do always respect his extensive knowledge and objectivity.  My two cents is that the M-100 is the best sounding bass-heavy headphone I have ever heard.

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #3,870 of 11,286
Hi guys 

so I made a mistake of buying a pair of Beyer's DT 770 Pro (250 Ohms). I thought in the description it said 80 Ohms but that was not the case. I've never really had to amp headphones before, so I'm quite new to this. I used my house stereo surround sound amp to power the Dt 770's. They kinda sound quite bad as there is a very loud "hissing" noise (worse than my Beats Studios) and the bass is insanelyyyy disappointing. I am using the red, white, yellow RCA cables as for some reason the optical input cable doesn't work (I think I'm just noob and didn't adjust the right settings?). 

So my question is: can you use a house amp to power headphones? Do they sound like crap because I should buy a portal amp instead?

Thanks in advance guys

Anoob : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back