The Basshead Club
Dec 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #3,526 of 11,286
Ahhh.. my Crossfade LPs have arrived. Can't wait to get some good listening time. From what I've read, I'm sure it's going to be a really fun experience with loads of BASS. 
L3000.gif

Yup, I'm starting to be a huge V-MODA fan. :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,528 of 11,286
Quote:
Whats the difference between the LP and LP2? Sound quality.

I haven't had a chance to try the LP yet (pretty long night), but from what I've read, the LP2 is a slightly less bassy, slight more refined version of the LP. I'll post impressions once I get some listening sessions in.

I managed to locate this simple picture charting the different products in the V-MODA family -

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #3,530 of 11,286
Quote:
Good to know about those VPulse. I'll look into them... I'm pretty new to headphones to be honest. I've always been an IEM guy for various reasons, portability being the main reason. Lately though, I need something more than my IEMs (CKM500s, the bass is REALLY tight let me tell you) can handle when it comes to imaging and detail, that's why I've been more into headphones lately.

On the M-100 thread someone said that the M-100s handle the ZO pretty well considering how clean and tight the bass is already, it just increases in quantity. With the Paper towel mod and no ZO, the bass is more tamed, bringing the mids and highs more forward without sacrificing detail, making it more even, add the ZO, you got the overwhelming bass. It's on page 666, or 665 I think. I was asking about it, and I too am expecting a ZO by the end of the year, and my M-100's (whenever I get my shipping confirmation, like everyone else is ;_; ). So I'm gonna know how overwhelming it can get myself. I don't even really plan on using the ZO with the M-100s for the most part, unless with this paper towel mod. 

I have the vPulse. The sound is excellent - HUGE bass but with zero bleed into the mids, very good clarity, smooth non-fatiguing sound with a little bit of sweetness in the upper mids but not as much as a good full sized can. YMMV in terms of comfort though - there's no pressure in the seal with your ear canals so I feel like pushing them further in all the time.

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #3,531 of 11,286
The way you describe Dubstep now reminds me of what Hardstyle used to be.  Before EDM blew up in the states (again), you could hardly find a Hardstyle track without the traditional kick (Sucksess by TNT vs Kutski for example).  Nowadays Hardstyle went a bit softer in an attempt to go more mainstream ("Gimme Love" - Noisecontrollers).  I still like it.  I just wished it lived up to its name more.

lol kinda sounds like Dubstep now has been split into "Dubstep" and "Happy Dubstep", kinda like Hardcore & Happy Hardcore.

I love this description! I happen to strongly prefer the happy versions of both xD I've been listening to a ton of happy hardcore lately xD

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,533 of 11,286

I have also been listening to a bunch of euro dance in my happy hardcore kick swell. Mostly Manian, some darude, cascada, some Dj sammy. i just love music that makes me feel good xD

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #3,535 of 11,286
Quote:
Rusko's DJing is top notch, won't lie, just not a fan of his selection, or style. at WEMF '11 he played his set particularly fast, around 150bpm, and it was actually danceable. But yeah, it's a shame Skrillex is the house hold dubstep name and not say... Youngsta, or Skream and Benga.

Haha It's still amusing when people say techno. I usually tell them my favourites are Mr. Oizo and Darude. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXPOJgVFnGQ?list=FL4r9tz6bY7FtsKSzP55xsiQ&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does this sound like the Dubstep you're a fan of?  I actually like this song..........idk why that didnt work...............

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #3,536 of 11,286
Quote:
I think I just might go with the AKG K81DJ, considering they are only $50 compared to to $150 for the Q40 and $200 for the K167... I know the sound isn't perfect but at 1/4 of the price it's hard to beat.

I'm very curious about the K81DJs. I can get them for £29 GBP. :p I've heard they are basshead and sound quality seems to be better than XB series. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #3,537 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:
Rusko's DJing is top notch, won't lie, just not a fan of his selection, or style. at WEMF '11 he played his set particularly fast, around 150bpm, and it was actually danceable. But yeah, it's a shame Skrillex is the house hold dubstep name and not say... Youngsta, or Skream and Benga.

Haha It's still amusing when people say techno. I usually tell them my favourites are Mr. Oizo and Darude. 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXPOJgVFnGQ?list=FL4r9tz6bY7FtsKSzP55xsiQ&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does this sound like the Dubstep you're a fan of?  I actually like this song..........idk why that didnt work...............

Yeah I can't seem to embed youtube video seither, and that link brought me somewhere weird, I searched up Emalkay - Fabrication. Yeah, this track is pretty big actually. 

Emalkay - Massive is pretty huge too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skIZ0TUDJRs 

But still I'd prefer something deeper, more variation in synths, not so automated like Emalkay (though he's also a really good DJ, caught a bit of his set on Halloween, but I was more into the Jungle room).  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdCufvN7dA There's a track that I had to experience live to really actually love it. Icicle knows how to move a room with bass, let me tell you. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #3,539 of 11,286
Wow this is helpful, thanks!

I haven't had a chance to try the LP yet (pretty long night), but from what I've read, the LP2 is a slightly less bassy, slight more refined version of the LP. I'll post impressions once I get some listening sessions in.

I managed to locate this simple picture charting the different products in the V-MODA family -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back