The Basshead Club
Dec 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3,421 of 11,286
If anyone is willing to take the plunge on a new release premium basshead can, the Velodyne V-True and Yamaha Pro 500 are officially available and in stock (at Velodyne and Amazon respectively).

I tried the PRO 500 the other day, sound very similar to the EPH-100, which is great, no burn in straight out of the box. They weren't bass cannons, but plenty of bass and tight, I'm sure they would even out and sound better after some break in. The finish on them (paint) is very nice, but they're fairly heavy and besides looking like a beats rip off, look absolutely ridiculous on the head.
I don't dare even think about the Velodyne's ... There are pics of people trying them out at the VMA party, and they just look plain silly.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3,422 of 11,286
Quote:
I don't think so... the whole Idea of bass head cans is the fun V-Shape. You can get a Byer Dynamic Dt 990 Pro 600 and get a tube, that might be your best bet for OMG BASS and yay mids! 

Would a Lyr do it justice? Just 600ohms is not exactly portable. 

I've heard nothing but good about the DT1350 when it comes to bass extension, I don't like how the Q40 looks, it seems cheap looking, and I have a personal bias against M-Audio's monitors, so I don't quite trust them, but that's personal lol. I'm hoping the DT1350 with the ZO will be nice. I wish there was someone on here with experience. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #3,423 of 11,286
Quote:
Maybe,

OH OH OH, the Dt 880 has really nice mids I think! They are not forward. But trust me... they have some MAGIC to them! My GAWD I love them mids xD can't w8 to TUBE THEM SUCKERS <3

ehm, still the Dt 880 does has some GREAT tight punchy Bass [the 600 ohm is the best] and a Z02 might be too loose imo. I have a cMoy with a Opa2227 and I like it alot :D. Trust me if the song has some BUMB they B U M P BUMP! But the Sub bass it slighty rolled off... the mid bass is the real nice part sadly... although again my cMoy BB does help alot :3 

I was also considering the cMoy, but I pulled the trigger on the ZO instead, mostly for size/portability. I might end up with a cMoy, but I've got my eyes on so much more expensive gear that a cMoy is gonna wait. 

Doesa anyone have experience with Mad Dogs bass boosted?  or at all? lol

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #3,424 of 11,286
Quote:
Did you mod it, also ofc the mids sucked it's an XB can... the only thing the XB cans really do it well Sub bass, via Dub Step... trust me I had XB700 for like a year till I got my DT 880 [then I heard mids for the first time in a sense lawl]

Yea it's not a good can... just a Sub Heavy monster and that's all it does well. Is it worth $300... no but I like it and it will be a cool addition to mah collection <3 

yup modded them, i sold them as i need more detail in my music, they were excellent, would reccomend them to anyone who likes subbass

xb1000 were really bad never recommend them

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,425 of 11,286
Quote:
I tried the PRO 500 the other day, sound very similar to the EPH-100, which is great, no burn in straight out of the box. They weren't bass cannons, but plenty of bass and tight, I'm sure they would even out and sound better after some break in. The finish on them (paint) is very nice, but they're fairly heavy and besides looking like a beats rip off, look absolutely ridiculous on the head.
I don't dare even think about the Velodyne's ... There are pics of people trying them out at the VMA party, and they just look plain silly.

Thank you for some feedback on the PRO 500 as I really don't want to buy them, but am curious how they sound.  So you are saying they sound comparable to their $200 IEMs and are asking $400 for a Beats clone?  If so, thank you for eliminating my curiosity.

Regarding the Velodyne's, I agree about the looks, but their subwoofers are so good and the VPulse is said to have solid bass, so I am thinking the VTrue could be something special for bassheads.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #3,426 of 11,286
Quote:
I was also considering the cMoy, but I pulled the trigger on the ZO instead, mostly for size/portability. I might end up with a cMoy, but I've got my eyes on so much more expensive gear that a cMoy is gonna wait. 

The FiiO E12/Monte Carlo supposedly uses the same processor as the CMoy and adds bass boost, so it may be a winner.  Regarding the Mad Dogs, I don't think orthos are capable of producing the bass slam that will satisfy bassheads.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #3,427 of 11,286
Quote:
I already have the M-100's on their way to me and I know I'm gonna be missing my mids, just from the discussion page.  
-.-' Never ending search continues. 

Might just go with the DT1350 and ZO combo for portable use. 

I love my M-100s, including the mids, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  If anything, I want even more bass which is why I am still looking into other basshead cans.  I couldn't be much happier with the overall sound of the M-100.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3,428 of 11,286
Quote:
The FiiO E12/Monte Carlo supposedly uses the same processor as the CMoy and adds bass boost, so it may be a winner.  Regarding the Mad Dogs, I don't think orthos are capable of producing the bass slam that will satisfy bassheads.

I think that's where I stand apart, it's not necessarily slam, but quality; extension, representation, speed, as well as quantity are what I'm looking for in a basshead can. M-100's seem to fit that bill for me. Mad Dogs and DT1350s have been in my radar for that reason too, although they're more neutral, so the quantity won't be there for me, however I have a ZO on its way to me, so I'm not terribly worried, I'm just curious how the pairing works. 

I keep hearing differing opinions on the ZO. I'm attracted to it's form, and its 32 (!!!) different bass contours. If I'm not entirely satisfied I can resell it and get a cMoy, or Monte Carlo (great, more research :p

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3,429 of 11,286
Quote:
I love my M-100s, including the mids, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  If anything, I want even more bass which is why I am still looking into other basshead cans.  I couldn't be much happier with the overall sound of the M-100.

;_; I'll be surprised if I ever get my shipping confirmation

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #3,430 of 11,286

Im pretty interested in the E12, and also the X3, but I have a ZO on the way, so Ill see if I really need it.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #3,431 of 11,286
Quote:

... Oh gawd 

I should have mentioned. I've never used a Zo2 b4. I Do want one BUT hear ME MY FRIEND! My Fiio E11 shrinks the sound stage og my Dt 880s and makes the bass very unatrual... where as the cMoy is a much milder bass extension and it increases sound stage and adds a wii bit of mids! I worry that the ZO2 will be to much like the E11, to aggresive bass and to small sound stage >.>

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3,432 of 11,286
Quote:
yup modded them, i sold them as i need more detail in my music, they were excellent, would reccomend them to anyone who likes subbass

xb1000 were really bad never recommend them

Yea you might be right :'[ *tear Drop*

I've found some Dt 770 Pro 80's on eBay for around $140. So at about half the price of the Xb1000s... gonna take them first and formost! If I ever sell my Xb700 I'll go the the 1000. as most 700 users agree... the 1000 is an improvement over the XB700

Did you ever try the Xb700, if you hated it to then well you just don't like the XB sound <3. I do how ever... but my wallet likes Dt 770 pro 80's new at $140 :x

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #3,433 of 11,286
Just tried some monster n-pulse headphones today, actually pleasantly suprised. They are very V-shaped, more treble than my crossfades but less bass. They seemed a little difficult to drive too, at least compared o my crossfades. At max volume thy were enough to cut out background noise. They were fairly comfortable. Had a glossy finish if that is your thing. Did not seem very durable, but defiantly more so than beats studios. Had a kind of rubber on the headband, felt the same as he pads. Pretty nice seal too. I wouldnt get them at two hundred dollars (ISS) though xD

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #3,434 of 11,286
Quote:
Just tried some monster n-pulse headphones today, actually pleasantly suprised. They are very V-shaped, more treble than my crossfades but less bass. They seemed a little difficult to drive too, at least compared o my crossfades. At max volume thy were enough to cut out background noise. They were fairly comfortable. Had a glossy finish if that is your thing. Did not seem very durable, but defiantly more so than beats studios. Had a kind of rubber on the headband, felt the same as he pads. Pretty nice seal too. I wouldnt get them at two hundred dollars (ISS) though xD

... not a fan of  Monster, they charge to much for well everything.

BUT I do have to say... the Beats Studio... r not as terrible as the Pro. There is ofc the Senn HD-25-1 II for around the same price, which is well much better.

But as far as sound goes... I can respect the sucker who buys Studios. The Pro [or orgianls] are still over rated Mudd Cannons -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back