The Basshead Club
Oct 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #3,166 of 11,286
Quote:
My buddy just blew out the driver on his DT990. No sure how... Something about taking it apart and touching crap.

aww, yea that sounds ptetty bad, but why was he taking it apart... MODDING a Byerdyanmic can kinda defeats the pourpose of buying them imo
Quote:
They don't like IEMs because they don't get that feel... Also some people find them uncomfortable.

Yea I don't like Closed Headphones that much any more [maybe there's open driven IEMS] in addition they are very un comfortable to me >.>

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #3,167 of 11,286
Quote:
Xb1000 because it's CHEPAER than beats #1 and the quality is BETTER, the quanity is less but trust me... in the end it will be BETTER. 

*drools* I really want teh XB1000 :[ and the Dt 990 >.> 

An I look forward to Noobs posts about the Iems! 

So the Velodyne vPulse arrived today. I'm not listening to high quality music files like you guys so my review might be a bit off (I have no idea where you guys get those FLAC files). 

The bass is really awesome one these, muchhhhh better than my [size=11.111111640930176px]Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23. Though I must admit that the highs on the vPulses are not as clear and crisp compared to the Audio Techs. In fact, when I plugged them in my iPod, I thought that the MP3 files I put on my MP3 player were really poor rips since the highs sound like it's passing through a thin filter before it reaches my ears. I don't know if I'll get  better sound after the 50 hour burn-in, but even if I do I doubt the highs will get to the level of my old Technicas. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think these are worth $100. I say its more like a $50-$60 pair of headphones. But hey...that's just my personal opinion/preference. [/size]

[size=11.111111640930176px]Anyway, I hope the Atrio M5's will WOW me much more than the vPulses. With that being said I'm glad I bought these over the Hippo VB's, I can't imagine how poor they would sound since I read that they're highs are even worse than the Velodynes. [/size]

[size=11.111111640930176px]: D[/size]

Anoob

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,168 of 11,286
So the Velodyne vPulse arrived today. I'm not listening to high quality music files like you guys so my review might be a bit off (I have no idea where you guys get those FLAC files). 

The bass is really awesome one these, muchhhhh better than my [size=11.111111640930176px]Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23. Though I must admit that the highs on the vPulses are not as clear and crisp compared to the Audio Techs. In fact, when I plugged them in my iPod, I thought that the MP3 files I put on my MP3 player were really poor rips since the highs sound like it's passing through a thin filter before it reaches my ears. I don't know if I'll get  better sound after the 50 hour burn-in, but even if I do I doubt the highs will get to the level of my old Technicas. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think these are worth $100. I say its more like a $50-$60 pair of headphones. But hey...that's just my personal opinion/preference. [/size]

[size=11.111111640930176px]Anyway, I hope the Atrio M5's will WOW me much more than the vPulses. With that being said I'm glad I bought these over the Hippo VB's, I can't imagine how poor they would sound since I read that they're highs are even worse than the Velodynes. [/size]

[size=11.111111640930176px]: D[/size]

Anoob

I'll have to wear mine later today with something like Coldplay or Led Zeppelin and see. Burn in will make any headphone sound better but I'd imagine the highs would be the same and the low subs and sub mids (10-200Hz maybe) Will sound better. Do you find them piercing or bright? Also as always some form of EQ can really make a headphone shine. Heck, some headphones it seems are built around the idea of a high quality equalizer. Hope they get better and I hope the M5 are great! Yeah. I think their about $80 worth over 100 imo too. That dumb in-line mic/volume switch is a waste of money and a useless expense for an IEM.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3,169 of 11,286
Quote:

You get Flacs from old School CDs. Buy a CD [non bootleg] then RIP the audio off it as uncompressed wave then convert it to compressed Lossless Flac

You can also use P2P sites to get lossless quality files, but that's a choice u have to make ur self! 

Nice mini review though ^^ 

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3,170 of 11,286
Quote:
Do you find them piercing or bright? Also as always some form of EQ can really make a headphone shine.

I'm not too sure what that means : P I do find that to increase the highs I turn it on louder, but it doesn't make it clearer, just louder and it just hurts my ears : ( 

Maybe I'll download a diital equalizer for my laptop to see if this fixes my issue. Anyway the Atrio M5's should be here by Monday : DDDD so excited : DDDDDD

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #3,171 of 11,286
Quote:

I'm not too sure what that means : P I do find that to increase the highs I turn it on louder, but it doesn't make it clearer, just louder and it just hurts my ears : ( 

Maybe I'll download a diital equalizer for my laptop to see if this fixes my issue. Anyway the Atrio M5's should be here by Monday : DDDD so excited : DDDDDD

Grats, and bright highs usually mean even at low volume they can be a little shrill or painful... it's like overly bright like when you open your car do, that sound is stupid bright! 

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3,172 of 11,286
Hey Guys

I am building an entirely new rig and had a question.

Is there anything under 310 dollars that can beat the M100s? 
I will be pairing them with a ZO2.3. I already have the Q40s and I want something with good build quality and something that isn't too ugly.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #3,174 of 11,286
So bassheads, has anybody gotten their hands on the new XB-series yet? I've placed an order for the XB200, 400, and 600, and I can't wait to get my hands on them. I'll be getting the XB800 once their in stocks, so if anybody has heard them, please let your voice be heard! :)

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #3,176 of 11,286
HifiGuy528 has a little review / unboxing here http://www.head-fi.org/t/629433/new-sony-extra-bass-mdr-xb600-mdr-xb800-unboxing-videos

Don't sell your XB500's just yet... 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,177 of 11,286
Yea my interest quickly faded for these, seems like they are cheap version of XB series as these are manufactured in china while typically Sony products and the other XB series comes from Thailand, nuff said. If they had been manufactured in same place they might have had a chance to be a really nice pair of basshead cans, now it seems more like Sony decided to milk as much cash as possible from a Sony XB series refresh by keeping the costs down for the manufacturing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3,178 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea my interest quickly faded for these, seems like they are cheap version of XB series as these are manufactured in china while typically Sony products and the other XB series comes from Thailand, nuff said. If they had been manufactured in same place they might have had a chance to be a really nice pair of basshead cans, now it seems more like Sony decided to milk as much cash as possible from a Sony XB series refresh by keeping the costs down for the manufacturing.

Aren't the V-Moda M100's manufactured in China too? No one seems to complain about it :p

Now serious, I read on the other thread that the XB800 sound like the XB500 and cost 129€, so CMO.

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #3,179 of 11,286
Quote:

Aren't the V-Moda M100's manufactured in China too? No one seems to complain about it :p

Now serious, I read on the other thread that the XB800 sound like the XB500 and cost 129€, so CMO.

I'm not speaking in the sense "China = always bad" but in this case, using logical thinking which I do on a regular basis to make educated guesses:

- The only real reason to withdrawn popular well selling previous gen XB headphones is that they aren't making enough money, they are too expensive to make for how cheap they sold for. I always thought the old XB pads looked quite expensive.  Also the drivers themselves are no slouch, it's just the frequency balance is far from ideal, the XB500 in particular benefits a lot by EQing, the far major drawback is the balance, the driver itself isn't THAT bad, the cups' material doesn't really make the drivers justice either xD

- Now a possible way to do it is always: "ride on the fame". XB500 especially has gained a lot of popularity among the typical youth that craves the bumped bass. Now the fame will make up for the loss in quality, people still buy it unless it sounds complete crap (Beats still sales well despite sounding like garbage). There's enough hype built up at this point, it can take some dip in SQ and lower manufacturing costs at the expense of the hype which is suprisingly slow fading away.

- At first glance it looks stylish and nice looking and even durable.... at a distance.... up close.... reveals very cheap plastic...

- Thailand is where most good Sony stuff comes from, there must be a reason it was moved to China manufacturing, in this case I obviously suspect => lower manufacturing costs at expense of quality

- The initial not very positive reviews just further emphasize my suspection; a new series that is only meant to bring more $$$ for Sony by lowering manufacturing costs and upping the price, riding the fame of previous XB series for a good 1-2 years or so when we finally get a better sounding XB series again

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #3,180 of 11,286
Yea that does not suprise me really. They fixed the one thing that MIGHT have stopped ppl from buying... and that's how sexy they looked! Still though I want to grab a 1000 b4 it's totally off the market e.e might have to sell my ZUNE HD and what not but... ME GUSTA xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back