The Basshead Club
Sep 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #2,821 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm wondering how the new Audio-Technica WS99 with its 53mm drivers will turn out:
f2ed28eb_WS99.jpeg
Audio-Technica Announces Revised SOLID BASS Headphones and Earphones
There are way too many interesting headphones coming out lately...

I like the look of those!  

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #2,823 of 11,286
Sep 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #2,824 of 11,286
Quote:

Those look real nice, like a more refined, grown-up WS55. Shape about the Y-cord, though. If only they could make it single corded, it would be fantastic.

Too many headphones, too little money!!

This. There's really no reason for manufacturers not to include a singled sided detachable cable, with connectors on both sides for headphones that are supposed to be expensive.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #2,825 of 11,286
Quote:
This. There's really no reason for manufacturers not to include a singled sided detachable cable, with connectors on both sides for headphones that are supposed to be expensive.

Yup. And compounding the problem is that the Y-cords are often thin and filmsy, which make it look and feel cheap. :/

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2,826 of 11,286
Parall3l, I've found a new basshead can.. the Sony MDR-V55.

Bass quantity is present, and the sub-bass extension is pretty good, too. I just got them today, and I'm still putting the V55 through its paces, but I'm loving what I'm hearing right now. Mids are a bit recessed, but that isn't very surprising. But the bass is great! 
L3000.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #2,827 of 11,286
Quote:
Parall3l, I've found a new basshead can.. the Sony MDR-V55.

Bass quantity is present, and the sub-bass extension is pretty good, too. I just got them today, and I'm still putting the V55 through its paces, but I'm loving what I'm hearing right now. Mids are a bit recessed, but that isn't very surprising. But the bass is great! 
L3000.gif

Dang that's pretty freaking sexy man! 

I got a pair of dt 880's a few days ago, I've been told they are actually pretty good for Eletronica [this was on the Electronica Music Forum] I've got a cMoy pair'd with them so I'm looking forward to how they'll handle bass <3, I've also decided against owning a pair of Pro 900's... I here to many mixed reviews, and "fickle" problems with them... there's to much opposing opinions! That being said I'm still hoping to buy an Xb1000 in the next few months <3, why because most of the ppl who own them do enjoy them! Plus I like the xb700 might as well UPGRADE

Also I got Preimum Digitally Imported Streaming Today... yay, it's a big differenace [96k to 256k] so I'm happy ^^

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #2,832 of 11,286
Quote:
Ok, which phone has more bass, the XB1000 or the V-Moda Crossfade LP?

Quote:

That's kind of an assine answer, as has been discussed before the bass in the XB1000 is different, while I'm sure the LP may have more impact the 1000 has a cleaner smoother presance... so more really boils dwn to prefreance... still though -.- I'm bais towards the XB series seeing as nothing has as much bass as they do... they just happen to suck with everything elese <.< 

Also I'm listening to some Synkro and these 320kps tracks sound like garbage e.e I got a terribly rip >.>

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,833 of 11,286
^ Quantity is quantity, not about type of bass, just share bass quantity which is measurable from FR measurements which can be objectively measured as how much the 20~200Hz area or so is boosted above the average amplitude of frequencies above 200Hz. But they are very close, LP is just a tiny bit measurably bassier.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #2,834 of 11,286
Quote:
^ Quantity is quantity, not about type of bass, just share bass quantity which is measurable from FR measurements which can be objectively measured as how much the 20~200Hz area or so is boosted above the average amplitude of frequencies above 200Hz.

indeed it is about type, presentation is as much important as how much there is. If you want sheer quanity go get some Beats... but ofc the presentation is terriable. Some people like detail where as others like the feel of it,  you ofc now what I'm talking about though <3 

"[size=11.111111640930176px]Sound is a subjective matter. The best headphone is the one that sounds according to your own prefers"[/size]

So I'm sure the V-moda might be better for him, but I still like the XB series dark presentation for EDM, plus they do Dub Step rather wonderfully! 

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #2,835 of 11,286
Well Beats Studios for example measures ~10dB bass boost but the quality is so bad it sounds bassier due to heavy resonances (which results in boominess, one-note bass), the XB500 measures with like 15dB boost from 15 - 300Hz range (still the bassiest measured headphone I've seen) but bass quality is a bit better though so doesn't sound as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back