The Basshead Club
Jun 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #2,176 of 11,286
Yeah, getting new earpads for the Pros are pretty much mandatory. What I did with mine was I bended the crap out of the headband so that it doesn't clamp as hard (don't worry, the headband is aluminum inside).

If you do get the pros, then I suggest you get some dt250 earpads along with some cotton. I would recommend the M50 pads, but after you use them for a while, the sweat makes the pleather crack and feel very uncomfortable. The dt250 earpads are pretty much the opposite. They feel pretty firm at first, but once they break in, it's like having little pillows on your head. The audio differences are pretty much the same, but the dt250 pads has more bass impact and the treble is more acute. Putting cotton behind both of the earpads increase bass impact as well as comfort because your ear isn't compressed against the metal grill protecting the speaker.

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2,177 of 11,286
Quote:
Yeah, getting new earpads for the Pros are pretty much mandatory. What I did with mine was I bended the crap out of the headband so that it doesn't clamp as hard (don't worry, the headband is aluminum inside).

If you do get the pros, then I suggest you get some dt250 earpads along with some cotton. I would recommend the M50 pads, but after you use them for a while, the sweat makes the pleather crack and feel very uncomfortable. The dt250 earpads are pretty much the opposite. They feel pretty firm at first, but once they break in, it's like having little pillows on your head. The audio differences are pretty much the same, but the dt250 pads has more bass impact and the treble is more acute. Putting cotton behind both of the earpads increase bass impact as well as comfort because your ear isn't compressed against the metal grill protecting the speaker.

Will the DT250 pads and M50 pads fit the 700MK2 without gluing or taping?  Is it as simple as pulling off the stock pad and attaching the replacement?  Also, would the DT250 pad be machine washable since I will likely use headphones during workouts?

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,178 of 11,286
Quote:
Will the DT250 pads and M50 pads fit the 700MK2 without gluing or taping?  Is it as simple as pulling off the stock pad and attaching the replacement?  Also, would the DT250 pad be machine washable since I will likely use headphones during workouts?

The M50 pads will fit better than the DT250 because of the longer lips on them, but both of them fit without tape or glue. You have to put some cotton under the DT250 pads in order to secure them in place because the sound leaks out if something like cotton isn't there to stop the leakage. You are, after all, installing oval-shaped earpads on a circular headphone. The M50 pads are more compatible, but the velours sound better and are more comfortable.

What I used to do to clean velour earpads was I rubbed along the flow of the velour to get rid of the lint and use clothes detergent along with a toothbrush to clean them.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #2,179 of 11,286
Quote:
Compared to my M50s (I have the blue box version, which is known to have recessed mids), the midrange on the pros is less recessed, and with my so called GBH-1000 (check sig link), the mids are surprisingly neutral.

I have the white box versions, but my first white box was the same as the old ones, the one with the rigid pad, and it sounds the same as the new ATH-M50WH

Jun 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #2,180 of 11,286
Quote:

The M50 pads will fit the PRO700MK2 pretty well. It'll look a little awkward, though, since you're fitting oval pads onto circular frames. But they do fit rather snugly. A pair of M50 pads can be had for $20. :)

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #2,181 of 11,286
Just got a pair of ASG-1.2's second-hand earlier in the week, and boy do they do bass well. Quantity-wise I'd say they're close to Future Sonics Atrio level, but with better control. They make the IE8's seem positively tubby sounding....

Definitely an earphone any basshead should keep on their short list.

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,184 of 11,286
Attention fellow bassheads, here's an interesting pair of rather new headphones (entered the market at around November last year) no1 seems to know anything about, any1 willing to do the community a favor? :p

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-20

Appearently it's bassheavy from a few comments scattered around the net and they appearently seems to not be too bad, youtube users are very questionable but one person thought it sounded a little better than Pioneer HDJ-2000 that most agree are slightly overpriced sound wise. Otherwise they are circumaural design with memory foam pads so comfort should be excellent and at least hinges or the area around it is made of aluminium (but I suspect hybrid metal/plastic design but yea who knows) and the headband of hard rubber so they should be rather durable too. Also comes with detachable cord but it's using mini-XLR connectors to the headphones so it's a bit unusual.

The street price varies a bit but cheapest seems to be around 160~$170 or so maybe which looks very reasonable if it delivers on the SQ front too. It seems to be quite new in the market, who knows, it could be a hidden gem. ;p

TECHNICAL DATA

1. Frequency range: 3 Hz - 30 kHz
  2. Acoustic pressure: 110 dB
  3. Impedance: 25 ohms
  4. Connections: 3.5/6.3 mm jack (gold-plated contacts)
  5. Cord: 3 m (spiral cable)
  6. Weight: 270 g
  7. Incl. high-quality carrying bag

I know specs aren't usually the most accurate but holy **** 3 Hz haha, that's same as for Sony XB700. :p Otherwise 110dB sensitivity and 25 ohms impedance is quite striking too, these should be easy driven.

FEATURES

1. Professional DJ headphones, closed rotary and retractable construction
  2. Convenient rotary mechanism for easy monitoring via one ear cup
  3. Powerful sound for clear frequency separation, optimized for DJs
  4. Comfortable Memory-Foam paddings with finest protein-leather surface
  5. Large cavity for comfortable, closed wear
  6. Parts of the elements with rubber-paint finish
  7. High-quality headband made of robust hard rubber
  8. Solid rotatable and foldable mechanism made of aluminium for maximum steadiness
  9. Flat Comfort construction: Compact and light ear cup chassis
  10. One-sided cable duct with removable mini XLR plug for unproblematic changing of cord
  11. Extremely high output rating
  12. Extremely robust construction for DJs' continuous operation
  13. Elaborate and stylish deluxe headphones

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,186 of 11,286
WOW these look awesome! Would really like to see a review from a respected Head-fi user :)
Quote:
Attention fellow bassheads, here's an interesting pair of rather new headphones (entered the market at around November last year) no1 seems to know anything about, any1 willing to do the community a favor? :p

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rhp-20

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,187 of 11,286
Just got my Denon D5000. The bass is pumping now 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back