The Basshead Club
May 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #1,936 of 11,286
Quote:
For anybody out there with the xb500/700, do they have some eq headroom? I'm interested in buying some 500's, but since they seem to be cheap-fi headphones, I'm afraid that they are "bass optimized" to the point where there isn't a lot of room to eq the bass until it starts distorting. I definitely want to hear from users that have dac/amps like the fiio e11/e17.  

You can boost up the XB500's bass using amps like ZO2.3 and Fiio E11. Of course, don't expect too much quality emanating from this can since it already has a built in spike in the bass all the way through to sub-bass levels. In a nutshell, they are already heavily colored, so trying to increase the bass response will just simply drown everything out. It's fun for really bass intensive music, though.

Since you're already happy with your heavily modded PRO700MK2s, I don't think you'll be getting much else if you spring for an XB500. The quality is certainly much less than in the ATs. :)

May 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #1,937 of 11,286
Quote:

You can boost up the XB500's bass using amps like ZO2.3 and Fiio E11. Of course, don't expect too much quality emanating from this can since it already has a built in spike in the bass all the way through to sub-bass levels. In a nutshell, they are already heavily colored, so trying to increase the bass response will just simply drown everything out. It's fun for really bass intensive music, though.

Since you're already happy with your heavily modded PRO700MK2s, I don't think you'll be getting much else if you spring for an XB500. The quality is certainly much less than in the ATs. :)

You have a point there. I forgot about audio quality for a change...just MOAR BASS lol. I guess I'll save up my pennies and purchase an amp to make my headphones sound a bit better. The pro's still lack the control I want. A more powerful amp should hopefully fix that though. 

May 10, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #1,938 of 11,286
Quote:
Got my Atrio today, they sound great but I rather my Yamaha EPH-100.

Selling them here for any Aussie buyers who are interested. 

Just need to move them on, details are in my signature. 

WOWzz soo mutch happened while i was away O.o

ok lets start off with the shures, wow did not see that coming i am sure you got a defective, i found them rather punchy not the rumbley type of bass found on the atrios, and yea those didnt feel like quility, but shure can make good long lasting stuff i have a pair of shure 440s lasted me 3 years now, not mutch damge at all, i repleced the pads thats about it.

you really cant compare xb500 to 750s that is just redicules

from what i am hearing you really should demo the 700s/1000s they dont have a 100% ferdelity but they are still decent and can knock your pants off with sub bass, i have heard that the 1000s crate a suction cup feeling when it hits the low notes

btw welcome to the atrios club they need about 50 hrs of burn in

May 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #1,941 of 11,286
Quote:

It's "n00b".

:p 

actually

newb
 ​
  A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a n00b, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better.

gamer logic and a quick google lol

May 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,943 of 11,286
May 10, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,945 of 11,286
Quote:

newb
 ​
  A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a n00b, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better.

Ha! Learn something new every day.  I do want to get better ... I'll take newb.

beerchug.gif

May 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #1,946 of 11,286
I am a new perosn on the headphone market. I love bass and want some good iems. I don't have more than $50-60 to spend. $80 iIF it is totally worth the money. Only because I am jobless and don't wanna spend all my money on headphones. I have a $50 amazon gift card to spend and will spend up to $30 of my cash too if deems necessary. I see the list, but is there any that would be highly recommended in my price range? Please inbox me if you have advice/suggestions.

May 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #1,948 of 11,286
Quote:

Ha! Learn something new every day.  I do want to get better ... I'll take newb.

beerchug.gif

Exactly, I'm happy to say that FOR ONCE an internet community has acecpetd teh validity of the word Newb as opposed to "noob" 

And xD I'm glad your happy to accept the "newb" title, don't worry I've been dubbed king of teh newbs so xD your already doing better than me in that respect

Anways, I've taken my first step today into true Audiophile dom... posted my first FS/FT add in the FS FT forum for me two DS Lites and Games! I suppose it's to late to turn back ;3 but I'm happy to hopefully be able to part with these ole guys to get something better and moar pratical! And by pratical I mean A NEW SET UP xD

May 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #1,949 of 11,286
Yes, XB500 needs burn-in, when I got mine I thought the bass sounded very muddy, I was actually pretty disappointed. After about 2-3 days it became very crisp and hits hard, now I absolutely love it. 

May 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,950 of 11,286
I agree my XB500 sounded pretty average on first listen. They need a few hours at least to loosen up those drivers. Someone mentioned 10 hours, I think that sounds about right. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back