The Basshead Club
Apr 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #1,771 of 11,286

Quote:
EQ the hell out of it!

Haha, yup.

If you can't get enough bass..

1) EQ, EQ, EQ!
2) Get a bass boost amp (aka digiZoid)
3) Crank up the volume (but not too loud, please)
4) Listen, feel, enjoy

L3000.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,772 of 11,286
[size=12.0pt]What I ([/size][size=12.0pt]shotgunshane)[/size][size=12.0pt] can tell you about the signature of the MG6pro is this- it has a great sense and feeling of power unlike anything I've heard in an IEM before. It really moves a lot of air for an in ear monitor. This description is from another head-fier but perfectly describes the power, bass and air movement of the MG6Pro: Most IEMs reproduce the sound of bass, rather than produce bass itself. The MG6Pro produces bass. It's an exciting and very [/size][size=12.0pt]addictive trait.[/size]

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #1,774 of 11,286
The countdown remains for my XB500 arrival. I'm hoping they can beat my Hippo VB which did me proud as a basshead IEM. I have them for sale. O_o the sale is only for Australia but I'm sure for a fellow basshead member I can work something out with international postage. 

You know where the PM button is. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,775 of 11,286

Quote:
[size=12.0pt]What I ([/size][size=12.0pt]shotgunshane)[/size][size=12.0pt] can tell you about the signature of the MG6pro is this- it has a great sense and feeling of power unlike anything I've heard in an IEM before. It really moves a lot of air for an in ear monitor. This description is from another head-fier but perfectly describes the power, bass and air movement of the MG6Pro: Most IEMs reproduce the sound of bass, rather than produce bass itself. The MG6Pro produces bass. It's an exciting and very [/size][size=12.0pt]addictive trait.[/size]

You do know you're really tempting me, aren't you? :D

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,776 of 11,286
Hey guys, 
So I'm contemplating how to spend up to 300$, and I was looking for a bassy portable headphone. My top picks are the Pro700 Mkii, ATH-ES10 (if I can find it for 300), the D1100, and possibly the M-100. Does anyone know how they compare in terms of bass power, quantity, and impact. Oh and how they compare in terms of overall SQ. Portability is important to me, and i will be using a Z02 to drive the headphones, I was looking for something with some serious bass, as long as it maintains a sense of fidelity.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,777 of 11,286
Thanks! Glad to be a part.  The MV1's are extremely bassy, but at the same time very clean.  They need to be driven though being 250 ohms.  They reach amazing lows that I've never heard in my music before.  The fiio e17 definitely handles them very well.  They also do an amazing job at sealing in the sound and keeping out the outside like closed backs should do.  The one downfall of them, is their earpads.  They are made of a soft rubber like material, which doesn't breath as much as I'd like.  You'll find your head sweating a little if it's warm out.  But after a few hours with them, they've grown on me.

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #1,778 of 11,286

Quote:
Can someone help me which headphone to get?
in the price range of the: Hfi-580s, pro700 mk2s, m40s, d2000s, 750DJ, HD25, xb500.. If it's cheap, great! If it's expensive, well, ok.
The hard thing is: I want one which is very close to my head ( So a very little air between my head and the headband, because otherwise it looks to silly to wear in public )
It doesn't really matter for me that it's big for public wear, only the headband issue.
I like the Beats studio's bass... So something like that with a decent overall sound and what I said above, with the headband.
I have a PA2V2 btw, so I can amp 'em.

I always thought the HD25's didn't look that silly in public.  Probably my favorite portable can and awesome sounding, but for the most part now I use Monster Miles Davis Tributes in public.  I have worn Beyerdynamic DT770/80's in public from time to time.  I still regret selling my HD25's.  Small headphone with a big, detailed sound.

May 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #1,780 of 11,286

Quote:
I have a e6 but I guess that won't be enough.

I've got E6 and XB700 and my E6 does a pretty good job at improveing bass, but yea it's not by any means great!

Quote:
Hey guys, 
So I'm contemplating how to spend up to 300$, and I was looking for a bassy portable headphone. My top picks are the Pro700 Mkii, ATH-ES10 (if I can find it for 300), the D1100, and possibly the M-100. Does anyone know how they compare in terms of bass power, quantity, and impact. Oh and how they compare in terms of overall SQ. Portability is important to me, and i will be using a Z02 to drive the headphones, I was looking for something with some serious bass, as long as it maintains a sense of fidelity.

I've heard that Ultrason HFI 580 is a good bass can, as well as Byerdynamic 770, although I don't know much about the one's you've mentioned... Another option for you could be to make a small increase in your Can quality and get a REALLY nice Amp. That way in the future you can just look into better headphones without worrying if u have enough power to drive them <.<

May 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,782 of 11,286
Quote:

I've got E6 and XB700 and my E6 does a pretty good job at improveing bass, but yea it's not by any means great!

I've heard that Ultrason HFI 580 is a good bass can, as well as Byerdynamic 770, although I don't know much about the one's you've mentioned... Another option for you could be to make a small increase in your Can quality and get a REALLY nice Amp. That way in the future you can just look into better headphones without worrying if u have enough power to drive them <.<

I don't think I'll ever spend much more than 300 on headphones and I don't think I'll ever spend more than about 100 on an amp, but I think the z02 will work for some time, and I heard the DT770, and I did love it, but I want this to be somewhat portable. 

May 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,783 of 11,286
That's what we all said at one point or another...and now look at me... :D
Quote:
I don't think I'll ever spend much more than 300 on headphones and I don't think I'll ever spend more than about 100 on an amp, but I think the z02 will work for some time, and I heard the DT770, and I did love it, but I want this to be somewhat portable. 

May 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #1,785 of 11,286
Quote:
That's what we all said at one point or another...and now look at me... :D

lol I don't think I can spend more for a long time, especially if I go to grad school... gearing up for college now, so I have very limited cash right now ^^.... but I'm pretty sure I'll go bankrupt one day for buying too many headphones XD
but I would kill for that LCD 2 , where do you live :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back