The Basshead Club
Apr 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #1,727 of 11,286

Quote:

get out of here, what are you doing on head-fi? ZOMG!!! haha
lol :p

Nah beats pros are actually bassy headphones - you shall remain in zee brotherhood

yay!  If it makes you feel any better I didn't pay full price.  Got a big discount!

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,728 of 11,286

Quote:
Which headphones would you say has the punchiest bass of them all? I'm growing quite fond of the quality of the HD25-1 kind of bass, but would like it even more punchy and circumaural..

Trying to repeat myself here.. 
wink.gif
 Of course it must have a great allround sound too.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #1,729 of 11,286

Quote:

wink.gif

you want punch then the 500s should do you well, mutch more then your hd 25s

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #1,731 of 11,286

Quote:

wink.gif

Like sid said, you can't really get much punchier than the XB500. It's also circumaural, and too damn comfortable, too. You could also try the PRO700MK2.

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #1,733 of 11,286
well the xb500 wont sound good at rock or like hip hop, its more of suited to club and electronic music ONLY. these cans sound dull and boomy on those generes compared to the HD-25s but in the bass department these things rule the kingdom, so if you are going to lisening to coldplay or snow patrol on them look elseware, but say you going to listen to DnB or dubstep or electrohouse buy them you will love them, the highs are very reccesed but decant but the mids are supprisingly detalied and very good, very clean, very warm and fun to lisen to, but beware vocals sound distent

Apr 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #1,734 of 11,286

Quote:
well the xb500 wont sound good at rock or like hip hop, its more of suited to club and electronic music ONLY. these cans sound dull and boomy on those generes compared to the HD-25s but in the bass department these things rule the kingdom, so if you are going to lisening to coldplay or snow patrol on them look elseware, but say you going to listen to DnB or dubstep or electrohouse buy them you will love them, the highs are very reccesed but decant but the mids are supprisingly detalied and very good, very clean, very warm and fun to lisen to, but beware vocals sound distent

If you can see my sig, you'll see that I listen to almost only electro of any kind. It's just that I don't want the boomy kind of bass that I get from the D2k and the Pro 900. More specific, I want my next set of headphones to be bassy too but different kind of bassy. The HD25-1 II do provide me with that, but they aren't especially comfortable for longer listening periods.

Just too bad that there doesn't seem to be any headphones that are more "refined" in more areas than just the bass when it comes to wanting a punchy sound. Not trying to be condescending on the XB-series -- they could very well be more refined than some reviewers seem to give them credit for.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,735 of 11,286

Quote:

If you can see my sig, you'll see that I listen to almost only electro of any kind. It's just that I don't want the boomy kind of bass that I get from the D2k and the Pro 900. More specific, I want my next set of headphones to be bassy too but different kind of bassy. The HD25-1 II do provide me with that, but they aren't especially comfortable for longer listening periods.

Just too bad that there doesn't seem to be any headphones that are more "refined" in more areas than just the bass when it comes to wanting a punchy sound. Not trying to be condescending on the XB-series -- they could very well be more refined than some reviewers seem to give them credit for.

the problam witht the xb 500s is that they are not accurete they are fun headphones they are only for bass lovers that want thier ears to rattel with just pure amounts of bass, with the rest of the song in the backround (all this can be fixed with an eq) if you start to eq these will shine, stand out from alot of other headphones, so you NEED and eq for the xb500s to sound good, i cannot describe how good these sound when eq'ed with a decent eq of corse

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,736 of 11,286
Grr I still need to listen to a pair of 500's <.< I know I can EQ my 700's to PUNCH like the 500's which is pretty scary >.>

But I do have a friend who has 500's and he loves them, I my self like the presence of the 700 and most certianly want the 1000's, sadly though the 700's aren't really all that great for other genres of music imo, I enjoy a lot of Classical Jazz a little Big Band and a fair amount of Psychedlic Rock and Folk... and the 700's don't do badly with these genre's but I've had cheaper headphones do better sadly >.>

that being said though bass is wanted XB series Delivers!

And YEA I wear my 700's around already the 1000 would just me an image upgrade imo ;3

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,737 of 11,286

Quote:

the problam witht the xb 500s is that they are not accurete they are fun headphones they are only for bass lovers that want thier ears to rattel with just pure amounts of bass, with the rest of the song in the backround (all this can be fixed with an eq) if you start to eq these will shine, stand out from alot of other headphones, so you NEED and eq for the xb500s to sound good, i cannot describe how good these sound when eq'ed with a decent eq of corse

Well, for £35 I can't go wrong, can I? :)

Maybe I'll just have to buy both the 500 and 700. Let's see when I get cash..

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,738 of 11,286

Quote:

Indeed, although I've been told that if you want both get the 700, you can EQ the 700 to sound like the 500, and the 500 cannot be eq'd to get the 700 sound ;3 but yea man for the price it's great! Plus the 700 NEEDS AN AMP the 500 does not xD so really for me the 700 ran me $110 [$80 for HeadPhones $30 for Fiio E6]

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,739 of 11,286

Quote:
Grr I still need to listen to a pair of 500's <.< I know I can EQ my 700's to PUNCH like the 500's which is pretty scary >.>

But I do have a friend who has 500's and he loves them, I my self like the presence of the 700 and most certianly want the 1000's, sadly though the 700's aren't really all that great for other genres of music imo, I enjoy a lot of Classical Jazz a little Big Band and a fair amount of Psychedlic Rock and Folk... and the 700's don't do badly with these genre's but I've had cheaper headphones do better sadly >.>

that being said though bass is wanted XB series Delivers!

And YEA I wear my 700's around already the 1000 would just me an image upgrade imo ;3

700s cant punch like the 500s, but the 500s can rubmle like the 700s but you need a decant eq

Quote:

no the 70s is more sub bass rumble the 500s is wat you are looking for

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #1,740 of 11,286
So, the XB500 is better to get no matter what?

My old vintage amplifier has a very good (hardware) EQ. It makes even the less bassy headphones pretty bassy. And I'll be soon buying the O2 for my other headphones, so I think amping wise I've got it covered.

XB500 it is then. Thanks for the help..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back