The Basshead Club
Apr 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,712 of 11,286

Quote:
Purchased a pair of XB500 today, they'd been calling me. 
smile.gif

Welcome to the MORE BASS IS ALWAYS GOOD club. If you have a bass boost amp, use one and have FUN. After all, it's all about getting that big smile when the bass drops. 
cool.gif

Quote:
Well...speak of the devil'....might buy the xb700 back for £30!

BOUGHT back my XB700's lol :p

Where, oh where can I get my grubby paws on one? :frowning2:

Quote:

I had the pleasure of trying the xb1000's at a sony store while I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago and they were awesome 
basshead.gif
 even coming straight from my phone with no amp they sounded great with very very low bass. I cranked the bass as high as my EQ would allow me too and you could feel the vibrations of the headphones even through the monster ear pads. Will most likely be my next headphone purchase :D

Yeah. You can certainly EQ/boost its bass presentation to XB500 levels without muddying up the sound too much. And it's really comfortable, too. It's a shame you can't ever take it out. You'll be laughed at. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,714 of 11,286

Quote:
Purchased a pair of XB500 today, they'd been calling me

They are sooooooooooooooooo worth whatever you paid.  I just saw them on Amazon for $49..........and almost bought another pair just because.  Maybe I will !

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #1,715 of 11,286

Quote:
Well...speak of the devil'....might buy the xb700 back for £30!

BOUGHT back my XB700's lol :p

that tore me on the inside :frowning2:

i hope the person i sold my 500s are treating them good

Apr 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,716 of 11,286
Perhaps the XB700 are the better buy but i am real wanting to try some beyerdynamics dt770s i heard they are ground shaking with the bass while still preserving some sound quailty

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #1,717 of 11,286
Which headphones would you say has the punchiest bass of them all? I'm growing quite fond of the quality of the HD25-1 kind of bass, but would like it even more punchy and circumaural..

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #1,719 of 11,286

Quote:
Can someone help me find a pair of closed back headphones that would put the Beats Pro's bass to shame? =)
I was thinking mainly of the pro700mk2 but I just wanted some other suggestions.

Glad to see I found the Sony XB series Fan club... of which I will one day be KING [maybe >.>] so uhh YES Sony XB700 will DESTROY Beats Pro on the Sub bass [mod it and you'll be even more amazed] as for the 500's... the jerk I know who has them has been avoiding me so I can't say how they are... still though just looking at FR graphs and from what I've heard... 500 is punchy'r and a little muddy'r where as 700 is less punchy and more Sub [without the muddiness]

still though buy some Sony XB 700's and join the club [also I'd totally wear the XB1000 in public! People already poke fun at the 700's >.>]

But getting into to technical terms, the XB700's are rather dark, I have my Zune HD set to a Dark EQ which just makes them Golden although the Bass is very wonderful, Drums are Sharp and powerful you really lose mids with the 700... so if you get the 700's stick with Electronica... The bass head in my loves them the Audio-Phile in my is dieing for some DT880's

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,721 of 11,286

Quote:
Can someone help me find a pair of closed back headphones that would put the Beats Pro's bass to shame? =)
I was thinking mainly of the pro700mk2 but I just wanted some other suggestions.

I've never heard the Beats Pro before, but I have auditioned both Solo & Studio models. The PRO700MK2 pretty much kills them in bass presentation. It's extremely colored towards the low frequencies, so most tracks sound very punchy, sometimes boomy. It's like a refined XB500.

Like others have mentioned, you can also try the Sony XB series starting from 500.

Quote:
Glad to see I found the Sony XB series Fan club... of which I will one day be KING [maybe >.>] so uhh YES Sony XB700 will DESTROY Beats Pro on the Sub bass [mod it and you'll be even more amazed] as for the 500's... the jerk I know who has them has been avoiding me so I can't say how they are... still though just looking at FR graphs and from what I've heard... 500 is punchy'r and a little muddy'r where as 700 is less punchy and more Sub [without the muddiness]

still though buy some Sony XB 700's and join the club [also I'd totally wear the XB1000 in public! People already poke fun at the 700's >.>]

But getting into to technical terms, the XB700's are rather dark, I have my Zune HD set to a Dark EQ which just makes them Golden although the Bass is very wonderful, Drums are Sharp and powerful you really lose mids with the 700... so if you get the 700's stick with Electronica... The bass head in my loves them the Audio-Phile in my is dieing for some DT880's

Yeh, the 700 is basically less punchy, but provides better detail than the 500. As the numbering suggests, the 1000 is also less punchy than the 700, but the bass presence is fantastic. Besides, you can EQ it with a digiZoid to make it really punchy.

Oh and, are you sure you'd wear the XB1000s in public? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
someone add the CKS77 to that list....these are bassy!

The Denon DJ DN-HP700 should also be on that list. :)

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #1,722 of 11,286
...am I out of the club now that I own a pair of Beats Pro's?  lol

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #1,723 of 11,286

Quote:

actually they are pretty similar...both have a serious clamp and give up some comfort.  I can't compare them side by side since I let go of my 700mk2's but during my first listen of the Pro's I did think that they were similar in sound.  So they would not put the Beats Pro's to shame but they are very similar. 

you might want to go Sony XB 500 for that much bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back