The Basshead Club
Feb 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #1,366 of 11,286
Its true what you say about the 5 Pro, built like tanks, i made the mistake of leaving them in the pocket of my sweat shirt-while in the washing machine, took them out and put them in the oven and baked on 50 for about half an hour!! 

They are still going strong today :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,368 of 11,286

In my experience with customs earphones they are not the same earphones as their universals and then being made to fit your ears as a custom earphone. Their universals and completely different then their customs earphones.

Quote:
Customs are't for me...even though i thought about it.
Even the sleeves for the MG7's...

$200 extra for just some tips, which are custom, when i paid $95 for the earphone...

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,369 of 11,286
Or i might be tempted soon enough...

With FS sending me coupons, and AS saying it might be possible for some customs...
Man-o-man - this head-fi life is really not good.

In the last 2 months:
-Denon AH-D2000 = £180 (great price from an authorised seller)
-DigiZoid ZO2 = £45 (great price from a superb head-fier)
-MTPC pouches = £13 (great price from a superb head-fier)
-LOD's = £19 (great price from a superb head-fier)
-Comply Foam tips (TX-500 + P-Series) = £21 (from the US, cheaper than if it were bought in the UK)
-Stock Denon AH-D5000 wood cups + Denon AH-D7000 cable = £52 (amazing, unbeatable price by Mark)
-Monoprice 8320 (3pairs) = £14+8+8 = £30 (2 pairs given away as gifts, 1 kept)
-Future Sonic Atrio MG7's = £60 (unbeatable price from a head-fier)
-Windows 7 Full (not an OEM) 32 & 64 bit = £60 (again an amazing price from a head-fier)
-Aurisonics ASG-1 = £140 (on a 40% discount when bought)
-Monster Miles Davis Tribute = £110 (on a 50% discount when bought!)

=£730 in 2 months - that said they are all quite good investments (ASG-1 was impulse)

N.B
Although yet to be returned/refunded are the FiiO E11 + Soundmagic A10 amps = both £110

Flip side I have Sold:
-Resistor adapter = £10
-Phonak Audeo PFE 112 = £60
-Sony MDR-XB700 = £55
-Comply TS-400 tips = £10
-TFTA 1XB = £50
-TFTA 1V = £50

=£235 sold

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #1,370 of 11,286
Random comment - listening to my SP-51's (black bass plate setting), with Comply Tips, + ZO2, chilling in my hotel room bed on my laptop getting work done listening to bassdrive.  Ahhhh this is living...ZO barely boosted (Greenish / Orangish color) and crazy deep bass...
L3000.gif

L3000.gif

L3000.gif

L3000.gif

Sorry for the lack of description, wasn't meant to be a review by any means, just wanted to share with other headfier's who have a clue.  

Peace!!

P.S. And thanks to this site I think I have my ideal audio gear for on the go...  it's either SP51 or Atrio Mg7 paired with ZO2 - I LOVE IT!!  Thanks headfi!!

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,371 of 11,286
Which Denon is best for bass?

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,375 of 11,286
Feb 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,377 of 11,286
...so what do you suggest if Denon is the wrong way to go???

Quote:
You said it well "for the price" my goal is achieving the sub bass without focusing on a price. Denon in my opinion is not focused on providing bass for the basshead!

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #1,378 of 11,286
Depends on how much you will spend for the bass. Say around $150 to $300 go for Atrios for sub bass warm organic sounding earphones. They will give you the sound as if you have a great turntable ( $150 Dollar cartrage/needle), record, and floor standing speakers. The Atrios will always give you bass because thats a focal point about them (Dynamic Driver). You can go for the Westones which are easy to insert and will give you very good bass, The westones have 3 drivers and they sound good in every type of music. If you want to spend more you can pick any of these which all three will give you all the bass you will need and at the same time are very good in the meds and highs but each has their own personality. Futuresonics MG6 Pro (they make the universal Atrios) I have this earphone and the bass is just like a 12 inch floor standing woofer. UM Merlins (I do not have but I am sure they are very good) these has a dynamic driver for the bass like the Atrios has and they will have BA drivers for the meds and highs. The other which I do not have but I honestly believe by reading many reviews by owners who are very experienced with earphones is the heirs Audio 8. Quote:

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,379 of 11,286

Quote:
You said it well "for the price" my goal is achieving the sub bass without focusing on a price. Denon in my opinion is not focused on providing bass for the basshead!

sub bass is not the only form of bass -> mid-bass is too.

I can tell you for a fact that the Denon C710 & C751's had good mid-bass with a nice extension.

The TFTA's beat them, and the MG7's beat them in sub-bass -> but for their price of around £70-80 for the c710's they were well worth it, and i never regretted buying them.

The MG7's, even though i got at only £60 (lucky), their RRP is $200 so around £140

You got to compare and contrast the RRP's here.

Quote:

No it isn't
Depends on what you want.

Headphone wise the Denon D2000's provide a good basss response, and in fact handle ALL frequencies perfectly.
But they don't give you that slam in your face bass (ie. mid-bass)
My sony XB700's had much more mid bass.....then again comparing ANYTHING else, ie sound stage, mids, highs, was laughable vs my denon's

if you really, I mean really want mid-bass only, then look elsewhere:
V-Moda, Sony Xb1K's, Ultrasone Pro 900's, Beyer DT990's

I you want the best all-rounder, the Denon D2K's are a wise choice to go for.

I wanted more bass...no problem now - I have the D2K's with all its all-round goodness - and a ZO2 which adds enough bass to make the god damn headphones vibrate on my head :D!!

Quote:
Depends on how much you will spend for the bass. Say around $150 to $300 go for Atrios for sub bass warm organic sounding earphones. They will give you the sound as if you have a great turntable ( $150 Dollar cartrage/needle), record, and floor standing speakers. The Atrios will always give you bass because thats a focal point about them (Dynamic Driver). You can go for the Westones which are easy to insert and will give you very good bass, The westones have 3 drivers and they sound good in every type of music. If you want to spend more you can pick any of these which all three will give you all the bass you will need and at the same time are very good in the meds and highs but each has their own personality. Futuresonics MG6 Pro (they make the universal Atrios) I have this earphone and the bass is just like a 12 inch floor standing woofer. UM Merlins (I do not have but I am sure they are very good) these has a dynamic driver for the bass like the Atrios has and they will have BA drivers for the meds and highs. The other which I do not have but I honestly believe by reading many reviews by owners who are very experienced with earphones is the heirs Audio 8. Quote:

His talking about headphones, not earphones :)

but agreed with your IEM recommendations regardless :)

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #1,380 of 11,286
headphones I dont deal with. I walk and move and play too much for big cans on my head. I Prefer the isolation and storage of the earphones. In my experience all my earphones have good meds that can be acheived but not all of them can rumble in the sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back