The Basshead Club
Feb 9, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #1,232 of 11,286

Quote:
true i see kids at my school with beats headphones(400 dollar ones) and everybody wants them or recommends them as the best when someone brings up headphones in a conversation

Its lucky I haven't been brought up like this.
I was around rich kids and a very expensive school - I remember them bragging about their iPod and iPhones back then.
Now I guess trend has changed and its the beats.

If I heard it nowadays I would just laugh - I really would just laugh at them!

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #1,233 of 11,286

Quote:

Its lucky I haven't been brought up like this.
I was around rich kids and a very expensive school - I remember them bragging about their iPod and iPhones back then.
Now I guess trend has changed and its the beats.

If I heard it nowadays I would just laugh - I really would just laugh at them!

its only the majority of the students, theirs some who actually have some headphone knowledge and know beats arent worth the pricetag and hype, yeah but the ipod and iphone are not very overpriced for the quality of the product they provide(except when it comes down to the regular nano and shuffle currently out)

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #1,234 of 11,286
Kids got to start soomewhere and if the have Beats that a lot better then what I started which were some $10 Dollar crappy clip on ones I had. Now years later I am using custom made earphones and I can appreciate them a lot more.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #1,235 of 11,286

Quote:
Kids got to start soomewhere and if the have Beats that a lot better then what I started which were some $10 Dollar crappy clip on ones I had. Now years later I am using custom made earphones and I can appreciate them a lot more.

Beats are horrible to start with. I spend my money very wisely and buying Beats is the opposite of that. The Beats Studio is worth no more than $100 SQ/durability-wise.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,237 of 11,286

Quote:
Kids have no money they use their parents. I would easily say beats are better then stock earphones especially Ipod ones.

Even when I was young and my parents were going to buy me something, I always did my research and always chose whatever was the best bang-for-your-buck. I guess some people understand the value of money a lot more than spoiled, ignorant kids.

Anything is better than stock earphones. It still doesn't make the beats worth it. I'd rather buy the more durable V-Moda Crossfade LP1's, instead of following the crowd and wasting money on Beats.
There are lots of headphones under $150 that are better than $300 beats.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #1,241 of 11,286
I love this track with ZO2 + Q40, the bass + melody together 
beyersmile.png

Recorded it using my custom foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config :)

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #1,243 of 11,286

Quote:
Good stuff, I love that new, Wasted Penguinz sort of hardstyle.

Yea I'm a big fan of Wasted Penguinz and yea this kind of style, "uplifting hardstyle" is just getting more and more common among many producers. I also know a hugeload of newcomers and this more melodic/uplifting style is very common among these. Still Wasted Penguinz are by far best at bringing out very euphoric sounding tracks IMO. Can't wait for their unreleased tracks, those are amazing, I'm waiting for "I Miss You" and "Your Moment" and Melancholia 2 & Confined Thoughts (I haven't heard those 2 but they were very satisfied with them so if they like em I know I will too) ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back