The Basshead Club
Feb 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,201 of 11,286

Quote:
Just like there's loads of "Bass Lover's" and "biggest/best bass can threads" haha. Two still feels rather small in comparison. 

Well, isn't "cross-feeding" supposed to have an effect on soundstage? 
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #1,204 of 11,286
So I might be interested in purchasing the Atrio M5. I understand that these have a ton of bass but how are the mids and highs?
I'm looking for crystal clear IEM's with an open soundstage and quality bass for under $160. Preferably I'd like to spend under $100.  Basically the Pro 900 in IEM form. 
I'd be using these for the gym so durability is key. 
Is there a better alternative that suites my needs?

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #1,205 of 11,286

Quote:
So I might be interested in purchasing the Atrio M5. I understand that these have a ton of bass but how are the mids and highs?
I'm looking for crystal clear IEM's with an open soundstage and quality bass for under $160. Preferably I'd like to spend under $100.  Basically the Pro 900 in IEM form. 
I'd be using these for the gym so durability is key. 
Is there a better alternative that suites my needs?

The Atrios will always give you the bass you need it will never lack in the bass department. The meds and highs are very clear but the focal point will be the warm bass. A EQ can easily tame the bass and give you the meds and highs for the vocals and lead guitars when needed. There are many nice earphones out there but I will never be without the Atrios.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #1,206 of 11,286

Quote:
 The Atrios will always give you the bass you need it will never lack in the bass department. The meds and highs are very clear but the focal point will be the warm bass. A EQ can easily tame the bass and give you the meds and highs for the vocals and lead guitars when needed. There are many nice earphones out there but I will never be without the Atrios.

Thanks. 
1. Is this more sub-bass or mid-bass? 

2. I know for sure that these will have more than enough bass. My concern is the vocals and soundstage. I wouldnt mind having better vocals and soundstage with slightly less bass than the Atrios because With my E11 and Rockbox Clip+, I can EQ to high amounts of bass. 

3. Is there another IEM I should consider like stated just to give me options? Preferably cheaper? I have no problem spending the money, it's just that I'll be using these mostly for the gym as I like using full-sized headphones. 
Im also not so fond of the looks.

4. How is the durability of the cable? My concern is damaging them if i accidentally have them pinched between weights when lifting.

5. Do the earpieces stay on the earphones? I always seem to lose them, but I've always had cheaper IEMs. 

6. I also read that some people felt the Atrios werent for them. Why is that?

7. How do the Monster Turbines compare? They're about $90 online. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #1,207 of 11,286

Quote:

Thanks. 

2. I know for sure that these will have more than enough bass. My concern is the vocals and soundstage. I wouldnt mind having better vocals and soundstage with slightly less bass than the Atrios because With my E11 and Rockbox Clip+, I can EQ to high amounts of bass. 

3. Is there another IEM I should consider like stated just to give me options? Preferably cheaper? I have no problem spending the money, it's just that I'll be using these mostly for the gym as I like using full-sized headphones. 

4. How is the durability of the cable? My concern is damaging them if i accidentally have them pinched between weights when lifting.

5. Do the earpieces stay on the earphones? I always seem to lose them, but I've always had cheaper IEMs. 

1, Sub Bass
5.They stay on all the time(Stock tips)
6. Due to a poor fit

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,208 of 11,286

Quote:

1, Sub Bass
5.They stay on all the time(Stock tips)
6. Due to a poor fit

Thanks! I still think they look ugly and cheap but I just ordered them in chocolate. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,210 of 11,286

Quote:
haha out of all the colours :p

IMO, Blue is tacky, black makes it look too generic, and brown looks more refined. Plus I assumed brown came out more recently and I want to be different 
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,211 of 11,286

Quote:

Thanks! I still think they look ugly and cheap but I just ordered them in chocolate. 

Welcome, there not so bad looking, also if it bothers you like it does me if you move around while using the earphones or move the cable while listening it'll have cable static?(Not sure of how to say it static or sound) just use the earphones over  the ear or use the tie and go all the way up as to your chin 

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,212 of 11,286

Mine are four years old and I dropped them into a glass of water and still working while my Shure 530 and Ultimate ears broke when I sweated in them while working out. The vocals are very clear . The bass is not always sub bass it depends on the track and how it was recorded. If I play Tom Petty well there will be no sub bass but the bass will kick when the drummer hits his bass drum and the cymbals will chime when he hits the cymbals. They are ugly as hell but how they look is not a goal i ever try to achieve. Some people love classical and so they dont want an earphone that has bass they want something like a flat line staying neutral while others want the highs more then the bass. if you have a EQ you can turn the bass down and bring forwards the meds and highs. The new version of Atrios are more med forwards then my 4 year old version. I spent $1300 on earphones and i rather use the Atrios then the expensive ones. The Atrios will give you a sound you get from a great record being played from a great turn table, thick and clear.

Quote:

Thanks. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,213 of 11,286
Buy Shure foamy tips and use them on the Atrios. Great earphones that are so ugly and cheap looking thats a fact but so is its great sound. Also brake them in it will take minimum 20 hrs to brake them in.

Quote:

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,215 of 11,286

Quote:
These atrios do sound nice - I must say.

Thing is do they have enough bass compared with the TFTA 1XB's that I don't know - I'll ask around 

I neither, don't like the look of the atrios...really reminds me of something plastic you buy in HMV

yeah a couple of my friends when they seen them had said they seen them at the dollar store because of how they looked

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back