The Basshead Club
Jan 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,186 of 11,286

Quote:
Xb700's didn't produce that low lvl bass that my Z-5500 speakers did
Nor did my TFTA's nor did the D2K's

Yes i heard it, but didn't feel it

Together with the ZO2 I feel it on all my bassy headphones, don't really have to go so high either, on Q40 I'm at lvl6 or so out of max 32 (this is my normal daily setting).

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,188 of 11,286
I actually felt I had to turn down the volume a bit down so I wouldn't stress the poor drivers too much. xD

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,190 of 11,286
hi guys i am pretty new at this but ill be getting a lp2 and sansa clip zip combo soon(a friend of mine let me try his about a week ago made my knees tremble to say the least)do you have any recomendations about amping or leaving it as it is would be best.

ps i realize it is not the best combination but i rather like it
i would really appreciate any info you could give me

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #1,192 of 11,286
Jan 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #1,193 of 11,286

Quote:
Xb700's didn't produce that low lvl bass that my Z-5500 speakers did
Nor did my TFTA's nor did the D2K's

Yes i heard it, but didn't feel it

no headphones will offer the same experience as an actual subwoofer.  They may be able to create the frequencies and some can even buzz your head so that you feel it, but non can generate the pressure that a subwoofer can.  If you are trying to recreate the same experience you will be constantly dissappointed.  I could make hte same comparison of car vs home.  Without extreme woofers it is hard to recreate the physical experience of being in a car when it is under pressure from a couple of large woofers.  its all about air displacement and cabin pressure.  Back when I was young and didn't care about my hearing I had car systems that caused physical pain in the ears from the pressure and gave the oddest sensation in your lower back.  To be a truly happy bass head in the headphone/IEM world you have to come to terms with the simple fact that it will never be like a real subwoofer.  but it can still be hella fun and you can still hear full range of sound.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #1,194 of 11,286
I agree with this statement. Since moving to Hong Kong what I had in my car which was 8 - 12 inch woofers connected face to face with over 4,000 watts will not be duplicated with any earphone. I can come as close to it with the Future Sonics customs which I just received. After listening to them it feels as my ears were punched with sub bass. I can feel the physical pounding even after taking them off an hour ago. I had some expensive BA earphones which also had some nice bass but after listening to them I did not feel the bass pounding, yes I heard the bass but not felt it physically, but my ears were fatigued due to the high pitches due to me having to boost the volume in order to get the bass I wanted.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,195 of 11,286
Two soundstagehead clubs ? This is going to be confusing.
confused.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593365/the-soundstage-club

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591623/soundstage-lovers-thread

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #1,196 of 11,286
This is probably the most massive bassdrops (sweeps) I've ever heard.... be warned... turn volume down (I go to like 1/3) from what would seem normal for the synth. Yea it hasn't been mastered so that's why but yea wow, that could probably make my eyesight blur out at normal listening volume.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,197 of 11,286
I am now excited for the full release. This is the closest thing to old school Hardstyle I've heard in a long time.

A little more listening to his YouTube channel and there are some quality tunes here. I'm impressed.

Quote:
This is probably the most massive bassdrops (sweeps) I've ever heard.... be warned... turn volume down (I go to like 1/3) from what would seem normal for the synth. Yea it hasn't been mastered so that's why but yea wow, that could probably make my eyesight blur out at normal listening volume.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #1,198 of 11,286
I have been listening to my new custom made Fututre Sonics earphones and the bass now is not only deep and hard hitting but now the bass is wide and expanded like going from a closet into a huge dinning room. The sound stage is wide and alive.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #1,199 of 11,286

Quote:
I am now excited for the full release. This is the closest thing to old school Hardstyle I've heard in a long time.

A little more listening to his YouTube channel and there are some quality tunes here. I'm impressed.

Yea well I know this guy, he's only 16 years old and been producing for only about a year now. xD I'm lucky as he keeps sending me demos of what he's working on so I can provide feedback. He's like only producing all day long in his sparetime almost and can make a full track sometimes in like 6 hrs so yea he's quite interesting to follow. He's always made like 80 - 100 different kicks for example. He's got a friend that's also 16 and kept producing for a little longer and they have also started doing some collabs (working on a 2nd one atm). 

A fresh preview by his friend producer Ghiesz: 

If you know Wasted Penguinz which are the new "rising stars" in HS scene with a more melodic/uplifting/euphoric style they are both a big fan of them which you can tell from their tracks.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,200 of 11,286

Quote:
Two soundstagehead clubs ? This is going to be confusing.
confused.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593365/the-soundstage-club

http://www.head-fi.org/t/591623/soundstage-lovers-thread

Just like there's loads of "Bass Lover's" and "biggest/best bass can threads" haha. Two still feels rather small in comparison. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back