The Basshead Club
Nov 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #631 of 11,286

Quote:
God don't get FL Studio. It's fun and all but FL has such a distinctive sound that you can always tell it was made with FL. 

Give Reaper a shot. It's a free DAW. My favorite noob friendly one is Sony's ACID and my favorite overall is Cubase. 

Of course look into some nice VSTs as well. I made the few tracks I did with Omnisphere. Absolutely brilliant VST.

Lol that reminds me, I have a mixing bored and cubase installed on my computer. I should learn how to use it.

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #634 of 11,286
I try and listen to something in every genre, but in terms of bassy music I'm mostly about various strands of electronic music these days, especially futurepop, drum 'n' bass, trip-hop, trance, industrial, dubstep, house, and downtempo.  I used to listen to a ton of metal and have always gravitated towards the heavier, down-tuned, bassier variants of it, and a fair amount of hip-hop.

Also, my Pro 900s arrived today, and I'm sure I'll be enjoying these for a long time to come. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #638 of 11,286
So I got my klipsch image ones today from that absurd ebay deal...at first I was disgusted, they sounded like beats solos with a bit more definition. Then I plugged them into my E5 and eq'd the crap out of everything except from about 20-300 Hz, and they sound AWESOME :D Pendulum is great with these guys. These could be every day phones for me if they had a semblance of isolation. Loving the mic.

I think I'm getting a sub-bass headache though o_o; 

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #640 of 11,286
As a member of the bass head club I have the dennon d5000, audio technica pro700 mk2, and smeggy thunderpants.  I keep reading people mention the ultrasone pro900.  Would these be a good addition or replacement for any in my collection  and how would the sound compare to mine?  I listen to mostly hard rock and dance, but enjoy all genres.  Thanks bass heads in advance for any input and advice.

Jim

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #641 of 11,286
Seeing as how most of my headphones are listed as basshead headphones, I guess I am a basshead and should introduce myself!
L3000.gif

Hi everyone!

My name is Peter and I've owned the Sony XB40EX's, Monster Turbine's, and Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's and I plan on getting the Denon D2000's soon.
tongue.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #645 of 11,286

Quote:
As a member of the bass head club I have the dennon d5000, audio technica pro700 mk2, and smeggy thunderpants.  I keep reading people mention the ultrasone pro900.  Would these be a good addition or replacement for any in my collection  and how would the sound compare to mine?  I listen to mostly hard rock and dance, but enjoy all genres.  Thanks bass heads in advance for any input and advice.

Jim

How would you compare you Pro700 MK2s to your D5000s? I would really like to know.

I'm probably getting a pair of HFI-780s or the Pro700 MK2 to start off, then will be buying the D5000 or the Pro900 later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back