The Basshead Club
Oct 12, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #286 of 11,286

Quote:
sub-bass heads unite

Nice. My MG6Pro's did that huge justice!  
basshead.gif

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #288 of 11,286
I'd like to join the club!

I've owned the Ultrasone Pro 900, and now own the D5000.  My journey in this hobby started to lead me towards the LCD-2, but I've recently been researching the JH-16 pro custom iems and they look awesome.  I'd take a slightly more "in-head" soundstage for perfect fit, seal, portability, isolation, and comfort of a custom iem over that of a full size headphone.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #289 of 11,286
I'm interested also.  Anyone ever compare lcd-2 to jh16 for bass (and other qualities).  I dont' think i can spend 2k for both even though that would be nice.  If $1200 was the limit, which would be a better choice?

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #290 of 11,286
Welcome Jiddle! and of course if your a lover of BASS!!! MUAHAhahahahaa....

Quote:
I'd like to join the club!

I've owned the Ultrasone Pro 900, and now own the D5000.  My journey in this hobby started to lead me towards the LCD-2, but I've recently been researching the JH-16 pro custom iems and they look awesome.  I'd take a slightly more "in-head" soundstage for perfect fit, seal, portability, isolation, and comfort of a custom iem over that of a full size headphone.

I think I've seen a thread on head-fi where there is a comparison of the LCD2 and JH16 with the new amp JHaudio is releasing.  I might be wrong on the model it could be the JH13.  I think the "better choice" will be up to your preference.  How are you looking to use the HP's?  At home or out doors?  If you don't mind things being stuck in your ears or on your head with some weight?  The "better choice" is up to you.  I know on the forum HP's vs custom IEM have their advantages but i think it will all boil down to your preference.  
I personally want both but I don't see myself ever taking the JH16 out and about in public.  So I'd prefer the HP and the LCD-2 is on that list. Unless they come out with a better one and announce it this week at can jam...hehe than I'll give that one a shot.  So... to me, I prefer HP's.  I'll use IEM out in public or to the weight room.  Hope that helps.  Good luck!
Quote:
I'm interested also.  Anyone ever compare lcd-2 to jh16 for bass (and other qualities).  I dont' think i can spend 2k for both even though that would be nice.  If $1200 was the limit, which would be a better choice?

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #291 of 11,286
Personally, I am looking at the JH-16 (or UE 11), because I think I'd prefer something that fits perfectly in my ear than something that has mediocre fit around my whole head.  The D5000 are comfortable, no doubt, but the bone structure surrounding each of my ears is a bit different, so getting the same seal on both ears of a headphone is impossible for me, and I end up fidgeting with the headphone through my listening sessions.

I'd be using the custom iems at home, at my desktop, so I just want something with supreme comfort, isolation, seal, and bass.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #292 of 11,286
My Monster Turbines just arrived, 
etysmile.gif
 Took me 5 minutes to get the proper fit but these sound GOOD. I got my review here if anyone's interested

http://www.head-fi.org/products/monster-turbine-in-ear-headphones/reviews/5756

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #293 of 11,286

Quote:
Personally, I am looking at the JH-16 (or UE 11), because I think I'd prefer something that fits perfectly in my ear than something that has mediocre fit around my whole head.  The D5000 are comfortable, no doubt, but the bone structure surrounding each of my ears is a bit different, so getting the same seal on both ears of a headphone is impossible for me, and I end up fidgeting with the headphone through my listening sessions.

I'd be using the custom iems at home, at my desktop, so I just want something with supreme comfort, isolation, seal, and bass.

Have you tried the V3 JMoney pads for the Denon?  They may allow you to get a better fit around your ears.

The pads on the rev2 version of the LCD-2 are also plush and supple.  It would be weird if you couldn't get a good seal with those, especially given how the LCD-2 clamp your head.  Then there's also the Thunderpants.  You can go with the $150 Stax O2 pads with the Thunderpants.  They're thick and supple and memory foamish.  I think the Audeze LCD2 pads can also be fit on the Thunderpants.  Thunderpants have wonderful closed can bass.  Full sized cans give a more physical bass.  I'm not a fan of IEMs and IEM style bass.  Plus IEMs annoy me.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #294 of 11,286
I just bought the Image S4 tonight, and it definitely takes getting used to having something so far in your ear.  Comparing the SQ of the S4 to the SQ of the D5000 is hardly fair though, and I still think a custom fit IEM the likes of the JH-16 would be more comfortable and sound superior, but obviously this is speculation.  

I'm still in love with the D5000 sound signature, and because I won't have income for awhile, it will be my headphone for the next year or two.  Once I graduate and get a good job, I'll definitely look at getting a top tier headphone/amp as well as a top tier custom iem, do some comparisons, and keep the winner.

Quote:
Have you tried the V3 JMoney pads for the Denon?  They may allow you to get a better fit around your ears.

The pads on the rev2 version of the LCD-2 are also plush and supple.  It would be weird if you couldn't get a good seal with those, especially given how the LCD-2 clamp your head.  Then there's also the Thunderpants.  You can go with the $150 Stax O2 pads with the Thunderpants.  They're thick and supple and memory foamish.  I think the Audeze LCD2 pads can also be fit on the Thunderpants.  Thunderpants have wonderful closed can bass.  Full sized cans give a more physical bass.  I'm not a fan of IEMs and IEM style bass.  Plus IEMs annoy me.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #295 of 11,286

Quote:
I just bought the Image S4 tonight, and it definitely takes getting used to having something so far in your ear.  Comparing the SQ of the S4 to the SQ of the D5000 is hardly fair though, and I still think a custom fit IEM the likes of the JH-16 would be more comfortable and sound superior, but obviously this is speculation.  

I'm still in love with the D5000 sound signature, and because I won't have income for awhile, it will be my headphone for the next year or two.  Once I graduate and get a good job, I'll definitely look at getting a top tier headphone/amp as well as a top tier custom iem, do some comparisons, and keep the winner. 

If you like d5000 over pro 900, i would definitely say LCD2 over jh16.   jh16 i havent heard but is known to be very articulate and expose flaws.  The Lcds are like D5000 times a thousand.  The lcds are so laid back its crazy. 

It seems you are looking for that laid back sound, i think jh16 would be going towards pro 900/ultrasone sound.  
I highly recommend LCD2 for you, i think it would be perfect.

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #297 of 11,286

Quote:
My Monster Turbines just arrived, 
etysmile.gif
 Took me 5 minutes to get the proper fit but these sound GOOD. I got my review here if anyone's interested

http://www.head-fi.org/products/monster-turbine-in-ear-headphones/reviews/5756

Hey congrats on your first pair of decent IEMs 
beerchug.gif

There are many options at $100 but the Turbines are a good place to start for bassheads.

Quote:
I like..... I like bass, just in case you guys didn't know

x2. I'm sure everyone here do too 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #300 of 11,286
My d2000s make me happy :):):) BAAAASSSSSSSS. I wish I could get lcd2s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back