The Basshead Club
Mar 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #10,202 of 11,286
Actually, have you tried equalization on the 55's Hawaii? They quite some detail to the highs and mids once you tone down that thumping bass!... They react surprisingly well to equalization. The highs don't sound quite so screechy, and vocals don't sound like the person singing is yelling into a Dixie cup. I'm surprised that they were covering up this much detail with bass! Still a fun bass can, but now they are just as much fun for def leppard, and Fleetwood Mac! Lol. No joke. Was not expecting them to have a little bit of detail once eq'd.

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #10,203 of 11,286
Actually, have you tried equalization on the 55's Hawaii? They quite some detail to the highs and mids once you tone down that thumping bass!... They react surprisingly well to equalization. The highs don't sound quite so screechy, and vocals don't sound like the person singing is yelling into a Dixie cup. I'm surprised that they were covering up this much detail with bass! Still a fun bass can, but now they are just as much fun for def leppard, and Fleetwood Mac! Lol. No joke. Was not expecting them to have a little bit of detail once eq'd.

^.^

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #10,204 of 11,286
How's the fiio E6
The E11 at $62 is the best bang for your buck, extra battery and charger included.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QVPGXK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2

:beerchug:

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #10,205 of 11,286
Here's a random audiophile / basshead's first world problem. Got a haircut and now everything sounds better again, especially feeling the bass better since the seal is better. :p I know whenever I start getting dissappointed with the bass response it's time to get a haircut. ^^ It's quite a substantial difference everytime since I don't cut my hair too often and it's quite long around the ears especially. Sucks in one way, at times you'd start wondering if it wouldn't be best to just cut yourself bald HAHA.

EDIT: OR... cut a bald part around the ears for the headphones only. xDD

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #10,206 of 11,286
Here's a random audiophile / basshead's first world problem. Got a haircut and now everything sounds better again, especially feeling the bass better since the seal is better. :p I know whenever I start getting dissappointed with the bass response it's time to get a haircut. ^^ It's quite a substantial difference everytime since I don't cut my hair too often and it's quite long around the ears especially. Sucks in one way, at times you'd start wondering if it wouldn't be best to just cut yourself bald HAHA.

Hah. I have similar problem. When I get a haircut my cans are too loose on my head.

Mar 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #10,207 of 11,286
My hair is pretty "flat" on my head so i never really get a different fit regardless of haircut.

Thats funny :3

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #10,208 of 11,286

I have dreadlocks, you're making me excited for the day I cut them off.

Which is basically never, btw

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #10,209 of 11,286
My hair is permanently flattened at the area where my headphones sit from how long I use them for each day... Around 8-14 hours.

Mar 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #10,210 of 11,286
You can easily turn that feature off..

Not sure if you're aware of this, but unless you install a new ROM or whatever and fully remove Beats Audio, turning "Beats Audio" off actually switches the EQ from turning up bass and highs, to actually turning them down, lower than flat, to give an illusion of better sound when it is "on". Watch this video

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #10,211 of 11,286

I was so inflamed by the 55's bass while wearing my beats I almost threw up...them immediately bought the 55's
My confusion/annoyance with the 55's and JVC is they give you a substantial upgrade for 20 bucks to go to the 77's....but many will skip the 77 because the 55 has too much issues. Why not re-tune the 55 or cut em loose?  The 77's have recessed mids but not too bad and the 57mm driver is slam city and it's got highs. Pretty good ones..too bright maybe. 

I liked my Beats until I met the 55. That's proof of how hard they hit. I paid money. They were enough till I distorted them which was hard and got the 77.
So yeah...the 55's made me feel really really bad about my beats because it beat them at the most important part...BASS. I still say you get the 77x instead of Senn 598 or whatever. The 77 got highs and gobs of Bass.

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #10,212 of 11,286

I'm curious and you may have posted at some point, but what other cans have you listened at length to?

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #10,213 of 11,286
Mar 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #10,214 of 11,286
  Gotcha.
I'm mobile only so some other folks will be in to square you away with opinions/rec's
Good luck!

Can anyone give me a hand? :s I'm really coming up blank. Doesn't seem there is anywhere for me to go from my XB700s within my budget ($200-300). Maybe a DAC/amp combo would be a better investment seeing as I'm currently running off onboard audio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back