The Basshead Club
Mar 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #9,842 of 11,286
After hearing the difference an E11 makes, its hard to not use an amp now, its not just volume. It wakes up even a cheap set of cans and hello bass. To me a little portable amp gives you the impact without needing high volume. But I do use a Ipod most of the time when portable, love my little E11. I don't regret spending $46 on it new in box off ebay. Pretty good bang for the buck IMO. One day I'll try a better one if the E11 wears out.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #9,843 of 11,286
Amen to that ssage! E11's all the way!!.... Until ya break them! Then E12's!!!! Lol. Remember how I said that the cord I bought broke, so I started using the original fiio cord?... That cord now broke.... Off to buy an actually good cord!!... Anyone know an actually good cord????

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #9,844 of 11,286
  After hearing the difference an E11 makes, its hard to not use an amp now, its not just volume. It wakes up even a cheap set of cans and hello bass. To me a little portable amp gives you the impact without needing high volume. But I do use a Ipod most of the time when portable, love my little E11. I don't regret spending $46 on it new in box off ebay. Pretty good bang for the buck IMO. One day I'll try a better one if the E11 wears out.

Indeed...that is one of the reasons I like m y E18 so much and the E11 before that and also one of the reasons I like bass heavy headphones cause I dont want to kill my ears by going very loud in order to get bass so I prefer a headphone amp combo that gives me awesomeness at not so loud levels. :D

Couldn't agree more. There's definitely more than one type of basshead.

Indeed...I like bass BUT I like details too, not just a boomy one note thing.

Thank you all guys for the comments so far and take it easy really..its just cans not life or death or a family member :D

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #9,845 of 11,286
*GASP!!* THE HA-M55X's ARE ALL THE FAMILY I NEED... ALONG WITH AN AMP, A FLAC LIBRARY, AND A GOOD AUDIO PLAYER...

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #9,846 of 11,286
Plus isn't the E12 a better amp than the E18??? Not in looks... More power output and all...

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #9,847 of 11,286
*GASP!!* THE HA-M55X's ARE ALL THE FAMILY I NEED... ALONG WITH AN AMP, A FLAC LIBRARY, AND A GOOD AUDIO PLAYER...

No...family needs family..

Researchers have noted that J.V.C's tend to travel in herds     via fake National geagraphic episode
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #9,850 of 11,286
  I had that boombox It rocked!

It only goes to BBQ's and the beach. I got 2 sets or rechargeable batteries that will give me 8 hours of full volume bass at parties at the beach.  I only knew names like Digital Design and JL Audio and MB Quart and Infinity and the like in car audio. JVC was a no no. Not good enough. This boombox was the first JVC of my life. Now I got like 4,5 pieces of JVC bass stuff....that happened fast
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #9,851 of 11,286
Plus isn't the E12 a better amp than the E18??? Not in looks... More power output and all...

Well more power it has but not sure how much you can really tell the difference it at all, specially with the headphones that I am using so I prefer the E18 with its DAC.

The E17 is a great option for a basshead, it has a ton of EQ options. 

Each line here represents a different bass setting on the E17.

Indeed when it comes to pushing bass, the E17  can get crazy! :D Still I prefer the E18 for the more refined sound, dynamics and imaging..but I could live easily with the 17 too 

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #9,852 of 11,286
No...family needs family..

Researchers have noted that J.V.C's tend to travel in herds     via fake National geagraphic episode:D

Family ? Did my little Bros call my name ?

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #9,853 of 11,286

Family ? Did my little Bros call my name ?

Yes brother we have traveled across a great ocean and much sand. We live outside. We only speak the Bass so communication with the locals is difficult
We cook great meats and entertain the locals with wild tales of debauchery 

There are headphones and he's a well known Dj in West Japan .

We powered ourselves with a generator and ate great meat and shaved ice....at the beach. 

Sorry for the pics....it was all booming for 9 hours straight on the hottest day of the year and it was a bass marathon of West coast gangster rap...that boombox played long and hard ...later the dj spun sun stuff....party tested...gangster approved. JVC was in the house...theres a guy with headphones (dj) if anyone is questioning the validity of this post...it's bass...big time and there is a headphone shot
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #9,854 of 11,286

Yes brother we have traveled across a great ocean and much sand. We live outside. We only speak the Bass so communication with the locals is difficult
We cook great meats and entertain the locals with wild tales of debauchery 

There are headphones and he's a well known Dj in West Japan .

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

We powered ourselves with a generator and ate great meat and shaved ice....at the beach. 

Sorry for the pics....it was all booming for 9 hours straight on the hottest day of the year and it was a bass marathon of West coast gangster rap...that boombox played long and hard ...later the dj spun sun stuff....party tested...gangster approved. JVC was in the house...theres a guy with headphones (dj) if anyone is questioning the validity of this post...it's bass...big time and there is a headphone shot:D

HAHA Now that is an awesome life for these Bros ! :D I think that I'll take mine outside more now, I think he wants to kick the bass. I haven't even pushed the level over 50% yet !

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #9,855 of 11,286
A person I just met at school today had a few sets of the same 30$ ear buds he bought on sale, and he let me borrow one pair... So I took it home, and put it into my phone audio jack, and turned them all the way up on a song completely comprised of deep bass... Surprisingly they actually did very well on deep bass reproduction! I was pleasantly surprised!... Next, I pulled a Hawaii and hooked these ear buds into the E11... I turned on bass boost at 3/8 volume, and heard no distortion. Very interesting... I put them in my ears, took it off bass boost, and cranked it up to 8... Still NO distortion! They are insanely loud! They actually tickled my ear canals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back