The Basshead Club
Dec 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #8,553 of 11,286
  Guys which hits harder and is better in terms of bass? Ultrasone pro 900 or Fostex TH-600?

Maldives? Really? Lucky!!!!

I can't speak for the pro 900, but as a total Bass head I would be super surprised if you were not knocked off your feet by TH 600's bass. I have TH 900 also, and I find the 600 way more to my liking for the subsonic frequencies. To my ears it really is a "House Sound" with the Fostex, and as I mentioned in an earlier mini post, the word Organic is a great description.

Not sure maybe the Pro 900 ultrasones will be better, not heard them, but I will vouch for TH 600 Bass, and superb build quality, I know these will be with me for a long time, or until I leave them on a plane or in a taxi or something......yeah......

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #8,554 of 11,286
  Hey what would people recommend between the Wooduo 2 and the AH-C300?
I have read both have plenty of bass and sub bass but which maintains detail and has a wider soundstage?
Are they similar or is one just pure bass and no high end sparkle?

Been listening to a lot more electronica and hip-hop and reggae and finding that without amping, my current iems just ain't up to it really.

I dont want to sacrifice clarity, detail and so on, I just want better lows, particularly sub.

Thanks

Anyone?
if not those two, then perhaps other iems with similar bass?

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #8,555 of 11,286

I can't speak for the pro 900, but as a total Bass head I would be super surprised if you were not knocked off your feet by TH 600's bass. I have TH 900 also, and I find the 600 way more to my liking for the subsonic frequencies. To my ears it really is a "House Sound" with the Fostex, and as I mentioned in an earlier mini post, the word Organic is a great description.

Not sure maybe the Pro 900 ultrasones will be better, not heard them, but I will vouch for TH 600 Bass, and superb build quality, I know these will be with me for a long time, or until I leave them on a plane or in a taxi or something......yeah......

The thought of leaving my expensive headphones anywhere for someone to use, abuse, or just throw away pisses me off...and it hasn't even happened.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #8,556 of 11,286

Haha yes, born and raised. I talked to a guy who listened to the TH-600,Pro 900,TH-900 and even the D2Ks. Out of all the headphones he said that the best bass response he heard in terms of tightness and quantity goes to the pro900. However, the TH-600's have more straight forward mids and a wider soundstage compared to the pro900s.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #8,557 of 11,286
  Haha yes, born and raised. I talked to a guy who listened to the TH-600,Pro 900,TH-900 and even the D2Ks. Out of all the headphones he said that the best bass response he heard in terms of tightness and quantity goes to the pro900. However, the TH-600's have more straight forward mids and a wider soundstage compared to the pro900s.

Awesome, I visit a lot :) ... Interesting, I am always in search of bass, maybe I should have a listen to the Pro900's. I still maintain Ultrasone's IQ 9 IEM's give great bass if you get a seal, really great bass. Not as good as the 1plus2's though, the best bass I have ever heard on any design of Headphone. You will never forget it.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #8,558 of 11,286
I got some Sony XB1000s for Christmas. They really do kick in the lower freqs. They complement my DT990s nicely(1000 for House and Drum and Bass, Dubstep etc, 990s for Trance)

Yeah, the XB1000 is a real gem alright. It's a bit overpriced, but it does bass very well. That and those AWESOME pillows.. It's too bad that they are quite rare in the market, even when it was in production.

It's a shame it's a bit too unwieldy to be worn outside. I mean, who would wear an XB1000 in public? 
ph34r.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #8,559 of 11,286
It's a shame it's a bit too unwieldy to be worn outside. I mean, who would wear an XB1000 in public? :ph34r:

Yeah I would never do that. I got them mainly as a sort of travel headphone, for long plane and car journeys, and when on holidays and stuff. THOSE ear tractor tyre-sized pads are really comfy. I would describe the cans as monsters, with the all black design, massive cushions and sound sig.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #8,560 of 11,286
  Hey what would people recommend between the Wooduo 2 and the AH-C300?
I have read both have plenty of bass and sub bass but which maintains detail and has a wider soundstage?
Are they similar or is one just pure bass and no high end sparkle?

Been listening to a lot more electronica and hip-hop and reggae and finding that without amping, my current iems just ain't up to it really.

I dont want to sacrifice clarity, detail and so on, I just want better lows, particularly sub.

Thanks

Also interested to know the answer to this. The Wooduo 2 seems like a real competitor to the C300. What about any other recommendations like those? Anyone?

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #8,562 of 11,286
Hey guys,

I'm not a total basshead, but I am looking at two headphones that I know have been discussed in this thread.  I can currently get the Pioneer HDJ2000 and UE6000 for around the same price and I'm having a hard time trying to decide which one to get.  I listen to just about every genre, with indie, singer-songwriting, and hip hop being the top three.

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #8,563 of 11,286
I wouldn't choose a bassier phone for those first two genres.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #8,564 of 11,286
  Hey guys,

I'm not a total basshead, but I am looking at two headphones that I know have been discussed in this thread.  I can currently get the Pioneer HDJ2000 and UE6000 for around the same price and I'm having a hard time trying to decide which one to get.  I listen to just about every genre, with indie, singer-songwriting, and hip hop being the top three.

If you dish out another $40 you could get a Beyer DT770 Pro 80 ohms. I haven't listened to the cans myself but, everyone speaks highly of the DT770 (pro 80 ohms being the bassiest of the bunch)

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #8,565 of 11,286
DT990 Pro are also pretty bassy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back