The Basshead Club
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #8,491 of 11,286
You could count me in I guess
Since AKG K619 is a basshead cans

Hmmm. Reviews emphasize bass, and state clear mids and highs so that appealing. Theyre a little over $100 so idk if thats good or bad. I like the in line control, but i can get a cable with in line controls with the M Audio Q40's. Theyre not in stores so i cant really try them out without having to wait for shipping to and from and repayment if i return them. Ill see if i can try them somehow, i will have to if the Q40's or Sony MDR X10's dont cut it somehow.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8,492 of 11,286
Hmmm. Reviews emphasize bass, and state clear mids and highs so that appealing. Theyre a little over $100 so idk if thats good or bad. I like the in line control, but i can get a cable with in line controls with the M Audio Q40's. Theyre not in stores so i cant really try them out without having to wait for shipping to and from and repayment if i return them. Ill see if i can try them somehow, i will have to if the Q40's or Sony MDR X10's dont cut it somehow.
I was comparing the K619 to Beyer COP but I prefer the 619 because the bass was mega boost compared to the COP

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #8,493 of 11,286
I was comparing the K619 to Beyer COP but I prefer the 619 because the bass was mega boost compared to the COP

Do you think the K619's could be a serious contender here among the Q40's and MDR X10's? Do the 619's have superb bass, and good sub bass extension? Are they clear sounding overall, any muffling? Mids, highs, how are they? Sorry for the attack of the questions, but i want to get a general feeling before i go out of my way to try them.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #8,494 of 11,286
Do you think the K619's could be a serious contender here among the Q40's and MDR X10's? Do the 619's have superb bass, and good sub bass extension? Are they clear sounding overall, any muffling? Mids, highs, how are they? Sorry for the attack of the questions, but i want to get a general feeling before i go out of my way to try them.

I never tried Q40 and MDR Z10 but COP is warm, treblenya roll off. K619 bass is mega boost , especially the sub bass. Decay super... And a mid extra long.. Treble is boosted high
It's great for Electro

PS: Pardon may grammar

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #8,495 of 11,286
I never tried Q40 and MDR Z10 but COP is warm, treblenya roll off. K619 bass is mega boost , especially the sub bass. Decay super... And a mid extra long.. Treble is boosted high
It's great for Electro

PS: Pardon may grammar

What do you mean "treblenya roll off" like what does that mean? And what is "decay super?" I assume its supposed to be decay? what decays and what does it sound by that? Sorry for my noobiness.

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #8,498 of 11,286
why not the E07k for about the same price, + dac functionality, + very flexible eq!

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #8,499 of 11,286
Not sure if the mdrx10 are the X Factor headphones or not, but if they are they are lol bad compared to the q40's please skip them. As far as the amp goes, if you only want 1 amp, grab a cheap E11 and you will be fine. If you don't mind a slight bit more gear, definitely grab a ZO as well. The 2 combined make a world of difference.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #8,500 of 11,286
Not sure if the mdrx10 are the X Factor headphones or not, but if they are they are lol bad compared to the q40's please skip them. As far as the amp goes, if you only want 1 amp, grab a cheap E11 and you will be fine. If you don't mind a slight bit more gear, definitely grab a ZO as well. The 2 combined make a world of difference.

I think grabbing a ZO2 now would be a waste since ZO3 is just around the corner which probably negates any need for doubleamping. I'd say start out with E11, for the price you can't go wrong, in the future maybe he could check out the ZO3 if he has the money but I have a feeling ZO3 will be quite a bit expensier than ZO2 with all the improvements it comes with:

+ Greatly improved noise level, no audible hissing now
+ Greatly improved amping
+ FullSpec SmartVektor tech (32-lvl bass adjustment + 32-lvl TREBLE adjustment!)
+ Possibility to disable SmartVektor => works in pure "amping" mode
+ Only one gain mode but the volume is adjustable from mute to max, so it works fine with IEMs at lowest levels even with LOD and more demanding headphones at higher levels
+ OLED screen
+ Anodized Aluminium case

To me this sounds more like a 150-$180 product. In practice I see it potentially it could be worth a couple 10 bucks higher but thanks to the very competitive market today thanks to products like JDS Labs O2 and C5, these products usually set the pricing standard these days and it would probably be hard to sell ZO3 for anything higher, even if it comes with all these features.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #8,501 of 11,286
I know the zo3 is coming out but I still suggested the zo2 because
1. I doubt we will see it within the next 3 months
2. New "improvements" aren't always better
3. The price will surely be higher on the zo3, and the guy says he's on a budget.

Dec 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #8,503 of 11,286
If I had to get either amp, I would prob go with the zo2 because it is smaller (huge plus for me) so it can fit in my pocket with my iPod touch and you can use it while charging (another huge plus). I don't need a crazy high volume boost, but I do listen to my music pretty loud, almost to the max on my iPod touch 4g, so I'm sure any amp can play that loud.

Either way I don't think I can afford an amp, I'm spending $100 on the phones, need to buy gifts for family, and need to buy a tv. That will pretty much burn through my budget for spending right now. When the ZO3 comes out, ill prob have enough saved so I can get that.

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #8,504 of 11,286
If you are only purchasing 1 amp I would recommend the fiio. I prefer that on its own, more than the zo on its own.
Dac- to put it simply is a sound card/chip.
You won't get any use of it since you are using an idevice.
However the eq options on the e07k are very nice, more/less bass or treble as you see fit.

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #8,505 of 11,286
If you are only purchasing 1 amp I would recommend the fiio. I prefer that on its own, more than the zo on its own.
Dac- to put it simply is a sound card/chip.
You won't get any use of it since you are using an idevice.
However the eq options on the e07k are very nice, more/less bass or treble as you see fit.
Why would you recommend the E11 on its own? I see on DigiZoid ZO2's website that there is an emphasis on big bass boost and other people say it keeps good clarity in audio, so the ZO3 will be even better and some features have been released(listed above). Since I already know a lot about the ZO2, what is so good about the E11 exactly?

Will dac do anything if I use it with my computer, because I will use the amp when I go on my computer sometimes, most likely. What would dac really do anyways?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back