The Basshead Club
Jul 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #6,964 of 11,286
Hey guys

I'm pretty noob to this audio-scene and I just recently purchase a set of Atrio M8's. The stock ear tips fit horribly and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy these tips from Ebay?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Westone-TRUE-FIT-Green-Replacement-Earbuds-Foam-Eartips-Ear-Tips-10-Pack-5-Pairs-/360689265828?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item53fac16ca4&_uhb=1

Or are there better alternatives that you guys know about? It would be awesome if you guys can share it with me.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #6,965 of 11,286
Guys kindly suggest me a bass heavy over ear headphone for my desktop. Budget is strictly limited to 100 bucks only. Should be very comfortable with comfy cushions and overall good sound along with heavy bass. Want 'over ear' because I need least sound loss and get the most sound with all details unlike my on ear XB300. I set my mind to get the Creative Aurvana Live, but in my country it's not available, and I had an eye on the XB500, but currently it's 100 bucks. Reputed brands will be preferable. (Sony, Senn, AT, JVC and all those)
Thanks in advance.

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #6,966 of 11,286
Quote:
Guys kindly suggest me a bass heavy over ear headphone for my desktop. Budget is strictly limited to 100 bucks only. Should be very comfortable with comfy cushions and overall good sound along with heavy bass. Want 'over ear' because I need least sound loss and get the most sound with all details unlike my on ear XB300. I set my mind to get the Creative Aurvana Live, but in my country it's not available, and I had an eye on the XB500, but currently it's 100 bucks. Reputed brands will be preferable. (Sony, Senn, AT, JVC and all those)
Thanks in advance.

M-Audio Q40 can be found for around $100 and you won't find a better basshead can.  Then save up $20 or so and upgrade the pads (or go up to $60 like I did and put Alpha pads on it and really never want to take them off). 

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #6,968 of 11,286
Quote:
I heard about Q40's average to terrible build quality.

I don't think so at all.  The pads are not so good stock, but other than that I feel they are robust and quite sturdy.  Metal hinges, and feel like a quality pair. 

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #6,969 of 11,286
The only thing that's terrible on the Q40 is the stock cable. Just replace it with a v-moda cable. The little wires going from the earpieces to the headband look quite thin but they are well relieved inside with knots and plenty of slack, so you won't have any problems unless you actually manage to cut the cable.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #6,970 of 11,286
Quote:
The only thing that's terrible on the Q40 is the stock cable. Just replace it with a v-moda cable. The little wires going from the earpieces to the headband look quite thin but they are well relieved inside with knots and plenty of slack, so you won't have any problems unless you actually manage to cut the cable.

True that.  I paid $12 for a V-Moda audio only cable and it solved the problem.  I like those cables so much I put one on my Pro900 as well. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #6,973 of 11,286
Quote:
Thanks but I don't really wanna go for it. Too much bad things I am reading about them, everywhere!, about build quality and all. What would be the next recommendation after it?
Oh, I forgot to say it should be closed back, won't buy open back ones.

Look, I only want to help people.  I've never heard a word about build quality.  It's an amazing headphone for the money - most who own it here would say it's the best sub-$300 phone they have. 

Anyway, good luck with your search!  I'm sure you'll find something great!  There are SO many good headphones out now. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #6,974 of 11,286
I think we might have a new contender for the Basshead Earphone Title. It is....... The Shure SE846. I tried it yesterday (unburned in though) and the bass was solid weighty and quite punchy (on the 0db treble nozzle).

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #6,975 of 11,286
best headphone for trance edm stuff and hip hop with great bass, 150$-200$

??

Thanks guys

I would look at the Ultrasone hfi 580, but if it doesnt sound good to you then theres also the vmoda lp2. Thats all i got right now though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back