The Basshead Club
May 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #6,406 of 11,286
I just ordered a Sony MDR-XB60EX but are those earbuds good? Do they have a lot of bass? Are they like the Sony MDR-XB300 or 500? Also does earbuds perform the same or better than full sized headphones like the XB300 500 or 700?    Thanks

May 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #6,407 of 11,286
Quote:
Cks77
Xb90ex
Vpulse
Fx101
Fx3x.

And if you can go up a bit the fxz200 is my hands down recommendation.

Btw, the JVC FX3X is now being sold on ebay.com for $18.49:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-R-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-RED-/300892176553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e9240a9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-B-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-B-/300892176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e923fe9

May 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #6,408 of 11,286
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.

May 24, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #6,410 of 11,286
Count me in. Bass is my best friend. 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #6,411 of 11,286
so nobodies heard of vibe blackdeath headphones

May 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #6,412 of 11,286
Quote:
has anybody heard of these vibe blackdeath apparatly its death by bass lol. 

No, but they look very interesting.

Some of the reviews point to its strong, but not terribly overwhelming bass.

I have heard a lot of bass heavy cans, from the Sony XB series, to JVC's XX cans, to all of the Beats headphones, and even headphones like the Skullcandy Skullcrusher. It'll be very intriguing to find a headphone that delivers anything beyond what the heaviest hitters can, and yet maintain a semblance of audio fidelity.

May 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #6,413 of 11,286
so nobodies heard of vibe blackdeath headphones

They do look interesting. Need a UK basshead to try them. Wonder what the cost is for the OE version that comes with the skull. :cool:

May 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #6,414 of 11,286
the Over ear costs £65 the company is known for its subwoofers and thats why I am intrugued by this headphone but it could just be a gimmick headphone. there are no reviews for this on head fi

May 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #6,415 of 11,286
the Over ear costs £65 the company is known for its subwoofers and thats why I am intrugued by this headphone but it could just be a gimmick headphone. there are no reviews for this on head fi

If that symbol you used was a pound, the US cost is $98.

May 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #6,416 of 11,286

If you know what that means, then yeah...basshead utopia. 

Basically, my headphones are being driven by the speaker amp. I think each channel pumps out around 110w @ 6ohms, so whatever that translates to in 40ohms is going to my headphones. And let me tell you, I'm never buying a headphone amp again. This sounds so good! I basically have endless volume, I can pump the volume up on foobar2k all the way, and I don't hear any sound clipping (total volume can go well over 110dB). In fact, there's so much volume headroom that I can't even listen to them that loud, and my drivers aren't even able to take that much power (they start sounding distorted and whatnot). I usually keep the volume on the receiver at around 50 (along with a +10dB on bass on the tone control on the receiver), and the volume on foobar a quarter of the way up. If I slide the volume so that it's about 40% up, it's like having earthquakes on my ears. At full volume...I can't even listen to them. Halfway is already loud enough. So, I guess it's safe to say that this will power any headphone out there, bar any balanced setups or electrostats. I have a couple songs that have a super low 20-30Hz tone, and I had to turn the volume way down in order for it to sound clean. Now, I can leave the volume where I usually leave it at, and I get no clipping issues at all. 

The only downside is that I have a low hiss going to the headphones, mainly due to the output impedance of the speaker connections. It's inaudible when listening to music, though, so I'm not too hung up on it. Plus, if I wanted to listen at a low volume, all I have to do is disconnect the headphones from the y-cable, and plug it into the headphone port on the receiver. Since the way I have the speaker cable rigged right now is a bit gaudy looking, I'm probably going to get a speaker wire to female rca cable to make it look cleaner, safer, and easier to disconnect. When the rca cable touches metal, it shorts the connection and forces the receiver to power off. If anyone is wondering how it works, the "-" (ground) part of the wire needs to contact the outer ring on the rca port, and the "+" needs to contact the one poking out in the center. I put some electrical tape on it so it would stay in place. The cable I'm using is a y-cable I got from radio shack (can't believe they charged $8 for it). 

May 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #6,417 of 11,286
Quote:
If anyone knows about the Sony MDR-XB60EX and what they think I would appreciate it. I just wanted to know if they have bass kinda like the XB500 or XB700 headphones. I just assumed that if they are normaly $80 and they are that small they have high tech build and they will sound like the XB700 or so.

I hope you didn't pay $80 for those, they have been $30 for nearly a year.  I had them before, ordered them along with cks55, & image s4.  Wish I could tell you how they sounded bit I had sever fit issues and couldn't get them in roperly so never heard them fully.

May 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #6,418 of 11,286
Im still some what new to the whole headphone market and i need a few recomendations. I am using my headphones at work and i mostly listen to rap, hip hop, rock, and some soft rock (Eminem, Disturbed, Adele, Linkinpark, Sevendust, some dupstep/rap remix. just a few examples). I am currently using either my skullcandy ink'd (old version) or sony mdr-zx300. I have also bought a Fiio E11 with L9 cable for my ipod classic.

Im looking for something that sounds awesome but i also need good sound isolation and low sound leakage, as i have people that work within 3~5' from me who I dont want to disturb.

I've been reading a few reviews on here and I think Im headed toward the V-moda M100. I don't have a huge budget (considering that cans can go $1000 and up) but the V-moda M100 are as expensive as I'm going.

May 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #6,420 of 11,286
Quote:
Doesn't it seem a bit in poor taste that a British company is called Black Death?

As a Brit,
the black death screwed over France just as much as England, so why not! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back