The Basshead Club
Oct 1, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #31 of 11,286

Quote:
It's not too far-fetched to assume they'll eventually get down to $150 new right? It'd look to be a decent deal if it gets down to that. $300 is plain unreasonable for a headphone I'd only use for 5-10% of my library.

The street price for the XB700 is around $100, its list price is $150. Thats a 33% decrease. So I guess its safe to assume the XB1000 will be around $200 or below 
basshead.gif

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #32 of 11,286
I really hope the XB1000s come down to something near $200.  Otherwise, I don't think I would spend that much money just to try them.  I owned the XB700s and the bass was plentiful, but often very muddy and uncontrolled; the trademark of an overly boomy headphone: slow attack with a ton of release.  Mids were recessed and the highs were siblant.  The XB1000s need to be much better to justify anything near $200.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #43 of 11,286

Quote:
Atrio's for IEM's  
etysmile.gif
, He-4?  I think they don't hit as hard as the D2k but they do have detailed and some sub bass.  How would we consider it a bass HP?

When it can deliver quality emphasised bass for the price. Neutral but hard hitting headphones are Okay too I guess but I never really understood how a hard hitting pair of headphones can be considered neutral.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #45 of 11,286

Quote:
Something like BASSHEADUS SUPREMUS would be cool as well 
beerchug.gif

I'd like that. :p

You guys really need to try a ZO amp, it's like every basshead's "must-have" thing, the v2 will be released very soon now too. I just won one myself so I'm excited to try it out. The bass quality on ZO v1 is just amazing, not bloated bass, it's punchy, adds lots of impact and enhances very very deep bass to come a live a bit more as well.

wind016> I'd really want you to try this amp more than any1 else. :p But yea waiting for ZO v2 will probably be a good idea for a digital 31-lvl volume control as well as greatly improved battery life (I think they said something like 24 hrs with 1hr charge xD) and it also has preamp + amp config now instead of only "amp" and goes louder than ZO v1 so it should be able to drive even a bit more demanding headphones. Price is also expected to be like $100 +/-$20 which sounds VERY generous in my ears...

DigiZoid may be new in the game but their lead designer Paul has like more than 30 years of experience. Let me quote from their homepage:

Quote:

Paul G. Berg

digiZoid’s president and CEO, Paul Berg, is a veteran of more than 30 years in the microelectronics industry. Prior to starting digiZoid, Paul’s professional career encompassed both technical and managerial positions providing expertise to numerous Fortune 500 companies including: Medtronic, Sony, Hitachi, Texas Instruments, and Honeywell. Paul’s background spans the full spectrum of product development from ground floor design through final device manufacturing. Complementing the technical side, involvement in new business acquisition, sales/marketing, and customer support round out his management skill set. With a substantial track record launching new products into the commercial, military, and medical markets, Paul is poised to establish digiZoid as a leader in the audio industry. 

Paul is also an honors graduate of the University of Wisconsin with degrees in Electronics, Mathematics, and studies in Software Engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back