The Basshead Club
Oct 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #3,107 of 11,286
Quote:
Ohhh....I like the looks of that one! You thinking on getting that one Wiz?

Nah don't think so, it's slightly too basslean for my taste, it's about the same as M50 or 1dB louder. I will still keep a lookout for reviews etc though but the massive size is worrisome, I don't like heavy headphones.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3,108 of 11,286
My headphones. Nuff said.
Headphones: 160
Beyerdynamic Gel Earpads: 37 (Direct from Beyer)
FiiO E17: 140
My Sig.
Total: ~$340
I have an E17, and it drives these headphones really well for what it is. This is probably the best bass that you will get in your price range.

Ive got those. The sub bass isn't that impressive imo. Unless you dj or sound mix ide say pass. I also use the E17 with these but they don't need amped at all. I find my eq just fine but I'm selling mine because they lack heavy sub bass.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #3,111 of 11,286
Quote:
Wait, LOLWUT? Pro700mk2s lack bass? Are you sure? Maybe you are having seal issues?

I didn't say lack bass, I said they lack heavy bass. Put them up to some sony XB series.

I swear my vPulse IEMs have more bass and my buddy's beats have more bass as well though these are more controlled. These are nice as monitors but lack for basshead phones imo.

Anyone know how the AiAiAi-TMA1 compare or even the Ultrasone 780 series?

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #3,113 of 11,286
Oct 21, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #3,114 of 11,286
Quote:
I didn't say lack bass, I said they lack heavy bass. Put them up to some sony XB series.

I swear my vPulse IEMs have more bass and my buddy's beats have more bass as well though these are more controlled. These are nice as monitors but lack for basshead phones imo.

Anyone know how the AiAiAi-TMA1 compare or even the Ultrasone 780 series?

Yep, I agree, the bass quantity on the PRO700MK2s aren't as great as the XB series. However, it is a very punchy can that can withstand a high amount of amping before distorting. In that sense, it is a very good basshead can for EQ-ing / bass-boosting. At stock levels, I would say it delivers about +9-10 db of bass boost.

Are you asking about the TMA-1/HFI 780 as opposed to the PRO700MK2s? If so, I would say the TMA-1 are a bit bass heavier, and just as dark sounding in its tonality. The Ultrasone cans on the other hand, are really bright, with quite a lot of clarity but less bass quantity.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #3,115 of 11,286
Quote:

You can read more about balanced headphones/amps at the following link - http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/balanced-drive.php

I wish I could explain it to you, but I'm no expert on this matter. :/

Quote:
The balanced Ultrasone have cups with the exact same mass, the unbalanced version is a little off.

Oh darn, no wonder the right side of my headphones always feel a little bit heavier. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3,116 of 11,286
Hi fellow bassheads, it looks like Reloop are pretty good for producing basshead cans. I've just got my hands on a Reloop RHP-10, and boy, and they bassy as hell. A/Bing with my XB500 and HA-M5X proves that it's somewhere in their league, although the XB500 tops it with bass extension and slightly greater quantity.

I've got to spend more time with them, but as it stands, these cans will give extreme bassheads what they crave in sheer quantity.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #3,117 of 11,286
Quote:
Ive got those. The sub bass isn't that impressive imo. Unless you dj or sound mix ide say pass. I also use the E17 with these but they don't need amped at all. I find my eq just fine but I'm selling mine because they lack heavy sub bass.

Apparently, you haven't put on some better earpads. With the stock pads on, the SPL (quantity of bass) are horrible and they have very little bass quantity, and lower frequencies tend to need more pressure in order to really feel it. This is the main reason why the XB series have good amounts of bass quantity. The earpads create a great seal around the head, and there is enough space between the driver and the ear to attain an adequate SPL. Other earpads like the M50/DT250 improve it to an extent, but there isn't enough distance between the earpads and the driver to truly bring out the bass potential of these headphones. The Gel pads I have on right now with tissue underneath create basically an air tight seal, and there is room for the drivers to breathe. This probably sound kind of redundant because I say it so much, but these headphones really need better pads on them in order to truly bring out their potential.

Once I have some more money, I'll pick up a pair of XB700s and see how they compare to my headhones. I have to get a pair anyways because I want those pads, and it would be cheaper to buy the headphones. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #3,118 of 11,286
XB700 hits significantly less hard than XB500 though. I think also the pads are too big for the audio technica cups, I'd rather pick up XB500, those would probably fit better.

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,120 of 11,286
I think the Hisound Audio Wooduo 2 IEMs should be added to the list of Basshead IEMs...
Good god, I thought the EPH-100s had a lot of bass slam... NOPE
The Wooduos extend deeper than any of my subwoofers...
While they're not very good with vocals, they're extremely good in the bass department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back